E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Blackberry 8100 and BMW Bluetooth

06-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
Alex H
Rep
Drives: E93, Sapphire + cream, ProNav,

Blackberry 8100 and BMW Bluetooth

Hi,
Has anyone managed to sync over their full address book from a Blackbery 8100 to an e93. i have the ProSatNav system fitted with the Bluetooth telephone prep with telematics.

The car sees my Blackberry and I can make and receive phone calls, but my address book only gets as far as the letter E - not a lot of good. I have ab out 200 entries.

I know that the Blackberry 8100 is designated Limited functionality, but i would have thought that if it takes part of the address book, it would take it all.

I do have an older SEK800i, and that has worked perfectly, but I would rather use my 8100, and dont really want to have to keep swapping the SIM Card.

Thanks for and advice or help

Alex
E93, Black Sapphire with Cream Leather and Aluminium Trim | Automatic | Pro SatNav | Logic 7 | Bluetooth | Heated Seats with Lumbar support | Comfort Access | Climate Screen | PDC | Adaptive Headlights | Rain Sensor & Auto Light | High Beam Assist |Voice Control | USB Audio | 8Jx17 | Storage | Through Load
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
1stKnight
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Roadster

I use the 8100 and have Pro Sat Nav in my E92 with the Bluetooth etc and it works just fine.
But then, my Blackberry is for personal use and, unlike my work mobile, doesn't have many contacts so perhaps size is the issue that earns the BB limited functionality?
Previous car:
BMW E92 335i SE Manual 2006
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 11:25 AM   #3
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Can't you ask your phone service provider to give you a duplicate SIM card for your K800i. That way you could keep that phone in the car to make/receive calls + address book functionality. The pain is keeping both SIM cards up to date I suppose. Just a thought.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
Alex H
Rep

Hi 1stKnight - I am with Vodafone in the UK, but I cant think thats the issue.

I have approx 150 contacts in total, and given that they all went over with the K800, I cant think that the quantity is the problem.

Did you have to do anything special when you set it up.

Its a real pain, As peter g said I could get a second SIM card, or even i guess sync from the Blackberry to the K800 and then to the car - real bummer though

A
E93, Black Sapphire with Cream Leather and Aluminium Trim | Automatic | Pro SatNav | Logic 7 | Bluetooth | Heated Seats with Lumbar support | Comfort Access | Climate Screen | PDC | Adaptive Headlights | Rain Sensor & Auto Light | High Beam Assist |Voice Control | USB Audio | 8Jx17 | Storage | Through Load
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
Alex H
Rep

Hi all, thanks for all your advice, just to let you know that I have resolved the problem and to post the resolution in case anyone else has the same issue.

On the 8100 I had created a group called 'Family' and it was this that the BMW did not like. As soon as i removed this groiup, it synced all the addresses beautifully.

One other question - in the US is there a plug in cradle for the 8100 - there isn't one in the UK and I just wondered if there was one in the US.

Thanks once again for all your suggestion - most welcome

Alex
Appreciate 0