E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Beware Of Zillion Motorsports

12-18-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White 335i M-Tech

Beware Of Zillion Motorsports

Caution: Ladies and Gentlemen hold on to your hats since it will be a bumpy ride.

Most of you have probably read the other threads stating my problems with Zillion Motorsports. I just want to give a full assessment now of my whole horrible experience.

In July I made a relatively big order with Zillion motorsports for aftermarket parts for my 335i BMW including a Forge intercooler and Diverter valves, Injen DCI, Eisenmann Race Exhaust, GIAC Stage 1 and 2 Software, FSD Shocks and HR springs and full Vorsteiner bodykit. I got recommended by a friend to use this shop and thought I would try it out. Then I ended up putting down a deposit and On the owner of the store said that the parts would arrive in no longer than 5 weeks time.

After 5 weeks I finally got a hold of On in the store after about 5 phone calls and asked him if the parts had arrived. I was getting really excited abt my mods. He said yes and for me to bring my car in. So I dropped my car in on the Friday and picked it up 4 days later thinking that all the parts would be installed. When I get there I find that only the suspension and Injen intake was installed. I asked where the other parts were and he said they had not arrived yet. And this point I was like WTF ... you told me they were all here. He said the rest would come in next week. So I said ok and would bring in the car again next week.

Next week comes along and I bring my car in ... taking time out of my business work day. I tried calling and texting the shop in advance many times with no reply. Took the car down and no parts had arrived. On then said wait one more week. So I said ok - a little more annoyed at this point. He said the parts had got stuck in HK customs at the port and needed time to come out.

I call him a week later .... and did not get through. But called again from another phoneline and got str thru. Interesting the owner was screening my phone calls ... good way to run a business. He said the parts were coming in on the following tuesday. Tuesday arrives and I bring my car in ... I leave the car there and pick it up at the end of the day. Guess what he only installed the software and boost guage.

One more week past ... and same thing but this time - intercooler and diverter valves. He said the Vorsteiner Kit was on its way but I thought he said it was in the port 3 weeks back. Then I decided in the meantime to get some AP Racing brakes for the car. I ordered them with On and said I need them asap - he actually got them in pretty quickly. I dropped off my car a week later again since he said he would install both the brakes and the bodykit together. Since the bodykit was GUARANTEED to be there. I said you GUARANTEE right? He said YES GAURANTEED. I brought my car in thinking it would be the end of it ---- no bodykit ... delayed again. But we can install the brakes. Will arrive next week.

Still waiting - 18 weeks in. I decide to get a downpipe from another shop and then install stage 2 GIAC software. Dont ask me why since the so called stage 1 GIAC he installed was not running that great. I thought this was because I was running a downpipe and extra mods since the stage 1 was meant for a more stock car. Brought the car back and installed the so called stage 2. He said pick it up at the end of the day - I said I need it for work and it must be done. He said NO PROBLEM. I left work early and tried calling numerous times to check if the car was done. No answer (I had called him maybe 40 times at this point from the start). I took a taxi nearly there and he finally texted me back and said the car was not ready and I could not drive it. I said I need the car and he said it was impossible. Pissed off I took the taxi back home and when I was nearly there I get a call - the software just got updated. Come pick the car up. WTF ... I ended up taking another taxi from Shatin back to pick my car up ... $500 in taxi fares. Pick the car up and drive off to find I still have stage 1 boost levels and feels exactly the same. He said it needs to adapt - yeah right.

Week 20 --- Bodykit still not arrived. Assured me not much longer. Got my hardware checked by Monster and Zillion - since my car was running horrible. Kind of like a broken second hard lawn mower. Sputtering at high rpm and low boost and shooting out huge flames during shifts ... cool kind of but not really.

I decide at this point to meet up with KenKen and 335 Freak and go to Monster and then Targa Racing in Happy Valley since they are the only licensed GIAC dealers in Hong Kong. Monster said hardware was fine it was a software problem. 335 Freak drove my car and said it drove horrible like stock. Talked to Josephine at Targa and she said it was not GIAC software and was something else - she checked the software with GIAC and it was not registered. To double check she contacted Eric head of GIAC Asia and he said it was fake software. Zillion had installed fake software - WTF ... Eric was nice enough to call me and explain the whole problem. I left the car with Targa and it was sent to BMW for a software update to 076 and Eric said I would get a new Stage 2 GIAC software by the weekend - 420 WHP .... sweeeeetttttt ...

I found out he called Zillion and they hung up on him. On's explanation was that he got it from a reseller in Taiwan and was not registered. BULLSHIT ... and if it was so why did my car run so bad ... also I paid for the new versions compatible with my car ... not some copied software.

I also ordered some lights from E92lights online and got them installed at Zillion. Some H8 and D1S bulbs ... guess what? I heard they plugged the wrong lights in the wrong sockets. Hence my H8 bulbs did not work when I got the car - he said they were faulty .... mmmm .... ended up buying some more LED lights from them .... they are nice but thanks for screwing my other ones up and not telling me.

Finally, I decided to cancel my order for the bodykit and guess what he said no problem and the parts had not EVEN SHIPPED YET from the states. WTFFFFFF .... you liar. He said they were back ordered. Why tell me this now when he GUARANTEED they were on their way. I would had had to wait another 7 weeks.

Solution -- I am ordering them from the states .... 4 weeks deliver time from Vorsteiner at relatively the same price.

Thanks for nothing Zillion - you cheat.

Oh I went into Zillion today to pick up my stock exhaust and a partial refund and he still wanted to charge me for the software. I ended up just leaving with my exhaust and taking a $2300 loss .... no a big deal but still WTF .... How can you charge me for software that nearly killed my motor?

Rating for shop === -50 out of 10

CAUTION AGAIN DO NOT USE THIS SHOP - They are liars and cheats. It is not worth the cheaper price of parts.

Funny thing is I probably would have spend easily another 100k plus on more parts including m3 suspension and a full rebuild.

Sorry for the long post ... just venting.

Last edited by sleepergm; 12-18-2010 at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
cc_bavarian
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2007+ E90 330i

Garage List
2007 E90 330i  [0.00]
Sleeper...thanks for sharing this useful info and very sorry to hear about your nightmare. I hope you get everything all sorted out real soon!

Freak 335 told me about your ordeal as I was asking around for some good and trustworthy garages in HK specializing in mods and familiar with working on BMW cars. There are a lot of crooked businessmen here, not just automotive related. I'm glad there are users in these forums who are very helpful.

Freak 335 recommended me to a garage to install the BMS Power Box I received from States side. He installed it in 45 mins! He knew his way around and can literally remove and reinstall with his eyes closed. This is what's important to me and not just price.

Take care!

CC
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 02:26 AM   #3
trekker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90LCI

If they were selling the stuff which is not they claim to be or being a pirated software, I am sure you can report to the police/custom and they have to do something about it. Just like people selling fake stuff online would get caught and fined. You may try giving a call to the Consumer Council and see what they say?! Dont let these people get away from this..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 02:44 AM   #4
K3VMO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 AW 335i

Wow... that really is one hell of a night mare story....

Just when I was thinking of getting more done to my car. I was actually considering popping down to see them with a list to see what they had seeming as they appeared to be recommended by so many people on this forum previously.

Guess its time to reconsider....

Thanks for the heads up.... could've been a costly mistake....
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 03:24 AM   #5
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

No worries guys ... I am going on a little holiday next week and hopefully my car will be running smooth when I pick it up. I can't wait to be running stage 2 GIAC. Bodykit is going to take 5 weeks from Vorsteiner ...
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
ken@exoticstuning
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E39 M5,E92 M3,Passat R36

Sorry to hear this bro. In fact lots of shop in HK that carry some major brand name tent to took your deposit without ordering anything and things just keep delaying and delaying.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
335 Freak
Bimmer Turbo Land
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: White E92 335I Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_bavarian View Post
Sleeper...thanks for sharing this useful info and very sorry to hear about your nightmare. I hope you get everything all sorted out real soon!

Freak 335 told me about your ordeal as I was asking around for some good and trustworthy garages in HK specializing in mods and familiar with working on BMW cars. There are a lot of crooked businessmen here, not just automotive related. I'm glad there are users in these forums who are very helpful.

Freak 335 recommended me to a garage to install the BMS Power Box I received from States side. He installed it in 45 mins! He knew his way around and can literally remove and reinstall with his eyes closed. This is what's important to me and not just price.

Take care!

CC
As a local HK like you and me, I personally felt completely insulted by those crocked businessman and shop.....I don't mind to pay higher price but so long as I paid it in a comfortable way as well as received Superior Royal treatment as their Valued Customer in conjunction to the premium price I paid....for this kind of cheating way of doing biz, it is totally unacceptable in my perspective...not to mention, they ain't no charging really cheap!! As what I told you in our PM, go to order parts by yr own and all you need is merely a Garage with great technicians to do installation and they charged you labor which won't be something horrible while they can't charge you man hour identical to what BMW HK charging you for installtion, right??
Lumma BDK, M3 CF Hood, I-Forged Triumph 19", AP-6pt-360FR, AP-4pt-345RR, M3 CF Lip, ACS CF RFS, CF Grill, JB3 3.0, Stett DV CHG Pipe + DCI + FMIC, NST Pulley, F+R Full M3 Susp Kits, M3 E92 Q-pipes Ex, UR Catless DP, Ohlins C/O, Eibach Sway, M3 Dash Cockpit, CF Wrap Interior, M3 CF Pedals, M5 Shft Knob, LED ATW, OSS Design BlackOut LED Angel Eyes!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
wakuwaku
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 520i Alpine White

Thanks for the sharing and it can tell how frustrating you are. It's really a looooong nightmare!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 02:54 AM   #9
M_M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

that sucks..
afaik, this shop is owned by those infamous faggots.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 03:03 AM   #10
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

As the person like who has V5 (Vishnu) which can easily DIY by yourself, if you buy this software, you won't have such nightware with yourself.

My experience with Zillion is only to the exhaust, the exhaust was installed not in good condition which require me to bring back to the garage which has installed it to me but not Zillion, ironically, I know this garage and has installed my ex-exhaust there before.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #11
RS6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Sleepergm - sorry to hear your bad experience... I guess we should start another thread of some of the shops that are recommended by our members here and reviews as well...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #12
erikku80
Rep
Drives: E92 LCI 323ia

I also got really awful experience with Zillion... anyway, dont want to mention it anymore... one word for forum member: Stay away or you will regret
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #13
firefox_E92
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: AW E92 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS6 View Post
Sleepergm - sorry to hear your bad experience... I guess we should start another thread of some of the shops that are recommended by our members here and reviews as well...
bro, can anyone please recommend a good garage as well?
      12-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #14
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

I will be trying out Monster garage next ... I have been there once for them to check my car. They seem like a good bunch of ppl. But from now on I will be ordering all of my parts online and shipping them in.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #15
Ryan_M
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 3.0si / R171 SLK55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepergm View Post
I will be trying out Monster garage next ... I have been there once for them to check my car. They seem like a good bunch of ppl. But from now on I will be ordering all of my parts online and shipping them in.
G, where will you be ordering from?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_M View Post
G, where will you be ordering from?
I am ordering my Vorsteiner parts from Supremepowerparts in CA, USA since they are close to the Vorsteiner head office from what I understand and the cost for shipping to HK is quite reasonable.

Other parts I would talk to JBSPEED online for a couple replica parts such as Wings and carbon fiber roundels and kidney grills. They all fit nicely.

Other performance parts I am looking at right now - is a Turbo Inlet Pipe - not sure where I will get that ... will let you know. But should be easy to ship internationally.

Vorsteiner is on back order for my M-Tech parts though - 5 weeks to ship.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #17
Samoht
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e36, e46, e92

Thats what I hate about HK shops...in general, you just cant trust any of them.
      01-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #18
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht View Post
Thats what I hate about HK shops...in general, you just cant trust any of them.

Hopefully this is not always true ...

But I have ordered all of my other parts direct from the states. Soon to be on my car will be new gauges, turbo inlet pipe, custom black gloss ICONZ rims and a new bodykit ...

And I am running GIAC stage 2 now ... sweeeettttt ...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #19
alan 330i
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_bavarian View Post
Freak 335 recommended me to a garage to install the BMS Power Box I received from States side. He installed it in 45 mins!
is it possible that you PM me the name/address who install the BMS power box?
or maybe Freak 335 could PM me even if possible, that would be really handy!

I wanna order the BMS today but after seeing the installation guide on their website.......I give up doing it myself, haha.

Sorry to hear that sleepergm.....
but well you know what, HK$2300 to see a man's character, that's cheap, that man worths slightly more than a prostitution...haha(/jerk)
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #20
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
feel sorry for you sleepergm.

originally want to try out this shop, second thought, may be not.

c-hings here, any recommendation of garages for getting and installing sports springs? wanna lower my F10

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 03:23 AM   #21
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
feel sorry for you sleepergm.

originally want to try out this shop, second thought, may be not.

c-hings here, any recommendation of garages for getting and installing sports springs? wanna lower my F10
Try Monster garage - I got a good first impression. I will be taking my car there once I get my parts in from the states.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #22
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepergm View Post
Try Monster garage - I got a good first impression. I will be taking my car there once I get my parts in from the states.
mind to PM me the garage's info? thanks a lot.

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired
Appreciate 0