E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Yet another Lazy Eye post - Need help toubleshooting

09-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #1
shenanigans01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 328i, Crimson Red

Garage List
2009 BMW 328I  [0.00]
Yet another Lazy Eye post - Need help toubleshooting

OK, Just bought a 2009 BMW 328i (stock M suspension) and when I drove it at night I realized I had the dreaded lazy eyes.

Here's what I see:
  • Start up routine works, Left, Right, down, up and they stay up. Up being relative because they are still aimed very low.
    This makes me think both the steering motors are good and the ball is in the socket
  • Yes, I've tried the adjustment screw, no where close to being high enough.
  • I checked the light height adjustment mechanism in the front driver wheel well and it seems fine, though the pre-bent bar is a little loose.
  • I haven't checked the rear since that's going to require jacking up the car and I haven't had the time yet.

What I need to do still is:
  • Jack up the car and check the rear
  • Clean the connections to the sensor modules in both the front and rear.

Assuming none of that works I can only imagine that the sensor itself is bad. My question is how do I confirm that it's the sensor and how do I confirm which one?

Thanks for the help
Appreciate 0