E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > best way to get rid of barf from interior... =[

07-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
asian010
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

best way to get rid of barf from interior... =[

so my sister takes the car out for a nite. and her friend freakin throws up in the back seat. it smells like shit and i am mad. can anyone tell me the best way to get the stains and smells out of my interior i.e carpet, leather, headliner. and what cleaning solutions i should use? thx.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Wilson01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi Coupe

I had someone barf in my old car. It got on the passenger side window. The major error that I made was allowing someone to bring the window down, b/c it trapped vomit in the door.

If it is on mats- take them out and shampoo with Tide.
I would use Zaino on the leather.
For the headliner I might conisider using Woollite with a small brush after the major chunks have been romoved.
      07-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #3
OtherAggie
Private
Rep
Drives: monaco '07 e90

There's a product at pet stores for dog .. uh .. residue that worked for me. It's called 'Nature's Miracle'. I got the orange kind and it took about two weeks to completely work, but it did the trick with the carpets. Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
Grimey_Limey
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i E90

...also if your sister's friend's puke smells of shit either get her to a doctor quick or tell your sister to change her friends!!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
stumpy221
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson01 View Post
I had someone barf in my old car. It got on the passenger side window. The major error that I made was allowing someone to bring the window down, b/c it trapped vomit in the door.

If it is on mats- take them out and shampoo with Tide.
I would use Zaino on the leather.
For the headliner I might conisider using Woollite with a small brush after the major chunks have been romoved.
the headliner, how does that happen?, the rest i agree with. Just pray someone didnt roll down the windows, with barf on it, cause as someone else stated it will get behind the door. and in the summer heat, a little vomit = huge stench. As for seats and door pannles i would go over it a couple of time with leather/ interior cleaners and wipe down every nook and cranny, as well as use cotton swap in the seems and any cracks. Then get your sis or her friend to pay you back for time, effort, any extra materials needed to clean it.
Get out and drive
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #6
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

you're farked, don't ever lend your sister anything again.

get it all cleaned professionally, there is no quick fix. You gotta clean it 110% or it'll stink.

Stick your sister with the bill.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #7
choopy
Juicy Booty NomNoMnom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3 Vert/2005 M3 Competition

shit, that would really fuckin piss me off. I let my sister drive it for the first time today, with me in the car of course. Man, let them know of the damages and how you feel disrespected and see how they respond.
      07-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #8
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

Take it to a professional detailing shop, they'll do the best job. Just have them send the bill to your sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimey_Limey View Post
...also if your sister's friend's puke smells of shit either get her to a doctor quick or tell your sister to change her friends!!
Well played.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #9
aasd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
Take it to a professional detailing shop, they'll do the best job. Just have them send the bill to your sister.
+ 1... I like that.. Killing two birds with one stone...you get your car cleaned professionally, and your sister learns to be more responsible with things she borrows.

------>----->
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #10
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I wonder if throwing in a few boxes of baking soda, the ones that are designed for the fridge/freezer, would help absorb the smell.
      07-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #11
Barmats
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

I had someone throw up in a brand new vehicle a few years ago. I tried cleaning solutions, baking soda, deodorants, and everything else I could think of. In the end, I could never totally eliminate the smell, which was the absolute worst in the summer heat, and especially when I turned right. I ultimately sold the vehicle. If you're planning on keeping the car, I hope you have better luck than I did. Perhaps a professional detailing shop is your best bet. And your sister or her friend should foot the bill.
Appreciate 0