E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 2009 E90 Bluetooth iPhone 3G issue - strange icon on iDrive

04-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
bsd107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

2009 E90 Bluetooth iPhone 3G issue - strange icon on iDrive

I've been using my 3G iPhone with my 2009 E90 for several months now, with really no problems (other than sometimes the other party not being able to hear me).

However, about a week ago, a new icon appeared on the top of my iDrive screen that I had never seen before.

The icon is next to the bars that indicate the reception signal strength, and the icon looks like a telephone handset with an "x" through it.

This icon had never appeared before, but now it appears every time I drive the car.

I would have thought that it indicated an issue with pairing with my phone, but despite the icon, my iPhone 3G continues to work normally through the car's bluetooth functionality.

I tried turning the car's Bluetooth feature off and then back on to see if it would clear the icon, but the icon reappeared anyway.

I have never paired any other phones with the car.

Does anybody know what this icon is supposed to indicate, and why I had never seen it before (since buying the car in November) and yet now it appears all the time for the last week or so?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
melm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2009 idrive sat radio

It's an indication of a missed call. Clear your call log and it will go away. I had the same icon shortly after I got my 2009 and was completely baffled. Happpily, my SA knew what it was.

Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsd107 View Post
I've been using my 3G iPhone with my 2009 E90 for several months now, with really no problems (other than sometimes the other party not being able to hear me).

However, about a week ago, a new icon appeared on the top of my iDrive screen that I had never seen before.

The icon is next to the bars that indicate the reception signal strength, and the icon looks like a telephone handset with an "x" through it.

This icon had never appeared before, but now it appears every time I drive the car.

I would have thought that it indicated an issue with pairing with my phone, but despite the icon, my iPhone 3G continues to work normally through the car's bluetooth functionality.

I tried turning the car's Bluetooth feature off and then back on to see if it would clear the icon, but the icon reappeared anyway.

Does anybody know what this icon is supposed to indicate, and why I had never seen it before (since buying the car in November) and yet now it appears all the time for the last week or so?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
jdmass
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 xDrive35i

Funny, I just had the same thing happen. I had never noticed that icon before.
Thanks.
Previous BMWs: 2000 528i, 2003 540i, 2007 335i Sedan, 2009 335i Sedan, 2012 X3 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2010, 04:12 AM   #4
Bavaria330
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsd107 View Post

Thanks!
CAN HEAR ME!!!!! HERE IS WHY

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...bluetooth+hear
Appreciate 0