E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > playing music through USB connection with iPhone 2G

03-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
asdf250asdf
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335xi sedan w/ m package

playing music through USB connection with iPhone 2G

Hi everybody, I just recently got my new 2010 335XI (with iDrive) and I was wondering about something with the USB connection. I have an iPhone 2G that I use as a iPod (I use a blackberry as a phone) and everytime I connect it through the USB port in the center console (with the Y-cable given to me at the dealer when I picked up the car), I get a message on my iPhone saying "this accessory is not meant to be used with the iPhone, would you like to switch to Airplane mode". Should I ignore that? Also I can't seem to get the music to play from my iPhone after connecting it to the USB port. Do I also need to plug in the AUX for the music to play properly? Hope someone can help me out and thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
mdernst
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
You can ignore the message and yes, you need to plug in the mini plug portion of the Y cable to the AUX in.
Appreciate 0