E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Samsung Galaxy S4 MWC Feburary

09-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Cool Samsung Galaxy S4 MWC Feburary

the galaxy s3 wasn't even out for that long and already the s4 is debuting in February with sales in march...

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...33_120024.html
      09-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n
the galaxy s3 wasn't even out for that long and already the s4 is debuting in February with sales in march...

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...33_120024.html
Oh well, ordered my iPhone5 last Friday, will be sticking with it thank you very much!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BLACK e90 335i

Nice. Can't wait to see the specs on it.
      09-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turb0Surge
Nice. Can't wait to see the specs on it.
Specs provided by Samsung, or Apple?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BLACK e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baremeg55 View Post
Specs provided by Samsung, or Apple?
Either. Just as long as they are true.
      09-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Oh well, ordered my iPhone5 last Friday, will be sticking with it thank you very much!!!
You enjoy that.

Btw, You already have a 10+ page iPhone 5 thread.
      09-18-2012, 01:22 AM   #7
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

This is one of the few reasons Android is so frustrating to me, dropping phones so fast you cant even have the confidence that you're getting the highest end phone when a new one comes out a few months down the road. This is just my personal opinion, not trying to cause any Apple/Android debate
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #8
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW
Quote:
You enjoy that.

Btw, You already have a 10+ page iPhone 5 thread.
Bite me. I can read. But thanks for being the forum police.....
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
HAHA!

Same guy who was crying in that same iPhone thread about how people would have the audacity to do something besides perform verbal fellatio on Apple in that same thread.... Then comes over here and provides nothing of substance.

Hypocrisy is strong with you.

EDIT: Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what the staggered worldwide release on the III was, but I know the II was out in Europe for months (maybe 5-6?) before the US saw it. Could it be the same thing this time around, hence what seems like a really early release? Maybe the US will get it later than the rest of the world? If I knew more about how the III did its release, I guess that would be an easier conclusion to come to, but I wasn't sure if its release followed the pattern of the II.

What areas does the III need work on that the IV could possibly address? Doesn't exactly seem like the III has a whole lot of shortcomings as-is....

Last edited by ragingclue; 09-18-2012 at 09:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue
Quote:
HAHA!

Same guy who was crying in that same iPhone thread about how people would have the audacity to do something besides perform verbal fellatio on Apple in that same thread.... Then comes over here and provides nothing of substance.

EDIT: Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what the staggered worldwide release on the III was, but I know the II was out in Europe for months (maybe 5-6?) before the US saw it. Could it be the same thing this time around, hence what seems like a really early release? Maybe the US will get it later than the rest of the world? If I knew more about how the III did its release, I guess that would be an easier conclusion to come to, but I wasn't sure if its release followed the pattern of the II.

What areas does the III need work on that the IV could possibly address? Doesn't exactly seem like the III has a whole lot of shortcomings as-is....
LOL. Dude, you are the one that came into the iPhone 5 post spewing crap!!! I think you have your facts wrong. As I've stated, to each their own. If anyone comes across as a zealot, it would be you and your Galaxy fanboi comments. Jeez, get a life. If you like (in your case - love) your G3S, great. People are entitled to their opinions, and choices, etc... I, as anyone, can post wherever they wish in this forum. No one appointed you the defender of the Galaxy chain of products!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #11
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
LOL. Dude, you are the one that came into the iPhone 5 post spewing crap!!! I think you have your facts wrong. As I've stated, to each their own. If anyone comes across as a zealot, it would be you and your Galaxy fanboi comments. Jeez, get a life. If you like (in your case - love) your G3S, great. People are entitled to their opinions, and choices, etc... I, as anyone, can post wherever they wish in this forum. No one appointed you the defender of the Galaxy chain of products!
Why don't you ignore me already? Isn't that what you already threatened to do? Did you even read any of my posts in the iPhone thread? None of them came out anything NEAR Android fanboi status. You are either confusing me with someone else, or you can't read. You even quoted one and agreed with the content.

In regards to people somehow being underwhelmed with the 5's announced specs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
The main drawbacks IMO were that the screen was too small to benefit from such great tech, and no LTE... Those were the two absolute problems with it....

And they've both been rectified. I still would prefer 4.2"-4.3"ish for screen size, but 4" is a MASSIVE improvement over 3.5". And LTE.... I don't think I need to explain that to anyone.

On top of those two things, the hardware has received notable upgrades across the board.... So what else is left really? Is this thing supposed to cook you dinner and give you a reach around while poking you in the butt?
In regards to the people who are using spec sheets as the end-all be-all of mobile devices (which the Android camp is notorious for doing):
Quote:
This reminds me of the AMD versus Intel arguments back in the day, where people would use stock peak clock speeds as a lone measure of what was "faster" when in fact clock-for-clock Intel wiped the floor with them.

Look, Apple can optimize their code for a very limited set of hardware. This leads to greater efficiency which leads to not having to waste power on specs that aren't needed to run as fast and as smooth as Android on much more hungry hardware....

People need to stop staring at spec sheets and use those as a gauge of how the phone performs. Those are a halfway decent place to start, but you could have super awesome hardware in a phone and have it be a moot point if it leaks and freezes and just generally trips all over itself.... Plain and simple, iOS does not need anywhere near the same hardware specs to keep up with perceived performance on the user level. Add to that the fact that the grubby carriers insist on saddling the Android phones with crappy bloatware, and the manufacturers add their terrible, buggy, laggy, POS UIs on top of them, and it doesn't matter if you're using the flagship processor from the year 2050, it's not going to keep up.
^ That one actually is anti-Android, although the points are still valid.

Hmm, about how iOS doesn't need as much hardware oomph to perform on the level with the Android devices:
Quote:
This this and a thousand times this. Optimization. Period.

Now, I have had a few Android phones and have partaken in the rooting, OC/UV, mix and match kernels and ROMs, find third party apps to replace certain sucky native ones, etc... In that case, I would 100x over take the flagship Android phone at any given time over the current iP* at the time. But OTOH you can JB the iPhone as well, but if we want to talk about JB iP* vs rooted Android, we're going into the whole modded versus modded, and if we compare a rooted Android flagship to current iP*, then it's modded versus stock, etc....

Stock versus stock, Apple definitely does have the best product on the market and they will continue to as long as they have the ability to optimize their code like they can. The Android handsets don't have this luxury. The WP8 devices are also building on this concept. Once the OS has the features it needs to compete, the user experience will be much easier to deliver than it is for Android because M$ is also buying into having a narrow scope of hardware to support. Those devices will also have underwhelming specs as compared to flagship Android devices, but will probably run very very well.
^ How about this one? If I'm an Android fanboi, I must be the worst fanboi on the planet.

So ignore me, quit crying, and get your shit straight about who said what. Or just don't post. Or provide posts that add to the discussion as opposed to just fluff. Thanks.

Last edited by ragingclue; 09-18-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
This is one of the few reasons Android is so frustrating to me, dropping phones so fast you cant even have the confidence that you're getting the highest end phone when a new one comes out a few months down the road. This is just my personal opinion, not trying to cause any Apple/Android debate
Agreed. Ive had an Android phone ever since the first one was released. You get no support once the next and greatest phone is released, and when you do it never works right. At risk of a bad pun it seems like they just....phone the updates in. One of the reasons im going to try out the iPhone 5.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #13
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

Eh, I feel like iPhones come out all the time too...

The Galaxy S4 might be a redesign to avoid any ridiculous Apple lawsuits
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #15
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
HAHA!

You are indeed a funny boy. As one person mentioned in that iPhone 5 thread, you yourself can be quick to be hypocritical and throw a fit when / if someone doesn't agree with your viewpoint. But you do get offended, call people turds, etc... when they don't side with your profound statements... Very hypocritical to say the least on your part!!!

Crying? I never cried about anything. I said to each their own. I mentioned I didn't like the biased ad Samsung was rolling out. I also said I didn't like the Apple versus PC ads that Apple rolled out a year or two ago. I mentioned I held the G3S, didn't like it. I do prefer the iPhone, it provides me with a stable OS, I like the design, but again, to each their own. That shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out.

Quote:
about 48Laws postings you stated....

Ignore the guy, he's either a troll or a complete idiot, just look up his participation in the ridiculous base M3 thread or the TM/GZ thread. Either a great troll or just really stupid.
As I mentioned above, you take it to another level with personal attacks.

Quote:
Yeah this happens every time a new one comes out. Every unveiling, there's massive disappointment and dissent, and they go out and buy them anyway only to preach to the masses about how much better it is than the previous one...
Biased or fanboy? Who, exactly, is disappointed? All those people that purchased 2 million phones in the first hour of sale? The projected 200 million people an independent study suggested as the number of iPhones Apple would sell by year end 2013? Or just yourself?

Quote:
as long as the sheep keep bleating and buying the phone in the numbers they do, this is what we will get, year-in and year-out...

And honestly it's up to the competition to force Apple's hand in that regard. But the competition isn't doing so well right now so Apple can sit on their laurels.
You proclaim your not a fanboy, but the above would indicate you are somewhat biased, no? Or.... all those iPhone buying sheep are ignorant turds, correct? That IS what you are saying, right?

Quote:
+1

I'm curious to see what happens to battery life though. Bigger screen plus LTE equals uh-oh. At least, that's what Apple fanbois have been preaching for years now. Now that the shoe might be on the other foot, it'll be funny to watch the arguments shift.
Again, biased or fanboy?

See, I can also copy and paste just as you do. I've got time to waste, apparently you do as well...

You are correct though on the point being I should have hit the ignore button on you. I made that comment solely based on your like comment on ignoring another member.

You are incorrect, however, about the threatening part. I never threatened you about anything. If I were to threaten you, it would be putting a gun to your head, for example (not that I would) and threatening to shoot your arrogant ass (for sake of argument, your head...). That would be a threat.....

Suggest you hit the ignore button on me, as I will post where I want, when I want. That way, you won't feel compelled to get all defensive, make replies, call people turds, etc... and we will all be better off. Agreed? Good!

Now, please ignore me from now on!!! You can be the big boy and let this response to your arrogant post go unanswered, really!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #16
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
Yup, you've already made your position and preference known to all. Nothing wrong with that or your choice!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

ragingclue is pathetic. He gets whipped in threads by smarter people, so the only leverage he has is to click on someone's profile with the hope he finds a thread about a topic completely unrelated. A clown he is.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
As I mentioned above, you take it to another level with personal attacks.
There's history there that goes well beyond your scope. Let's leave it at that. I'm sure he doesn't need you coddling him and standing up for him to some big bad antagonist on an internet forum.

Quote:
Biased or fanboy? Who, exactly, is disappointed?
You must not read any of the tech blogs or reports. If you're unaware of the initial reactions to the announcements, even amongst some Apple loyalists, make yourself aware before spouting off. Regardless of initial sales, the initial reactions were there. And as I said (prior to its smashing success pre-sale), it would be the same as the previous releases. There would be buzz about the improvements being only incremental and disappointing, as there was this time around as well. And then what happened? They set sales records.... So.... Was I wrong? No, in fact I was spot-on. There was backlash from the community about the upgrades being underwhelming, and people bought them anyway! Could I have been more right? This has happened with almost every refresh so far. Deal with it.

It would be nice to have this thread not derailed anymore; if you've got specific topic-related input, great. If not, go away.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #19
Baremeg55
Private First Class
Rep

@ragingclue

LOL. No, you go away!

Talking about going off topic, you had to go do all of that copy and paste to TRY and put me in my place. But, I guess you have special privileges, right? You failed!!!

I will agree to disagree with you. On all points...... Let's leave it at that. Please.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #20
Its_lobelt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

LMFAO Another Samsung phone. Lets hope its not another iPhone clone.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1893737.html - maybe not...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #22
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

I wouldn't be surprised if there are mules out there at this point. Probably not, but still a possibility. Aren't they due for a launch (assuming we look at past galaxy device releases) in May-ish?

I wouldn't expect a finished device to be out in the wild for a while though.
Appreciate 0