E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > NYC residents 7% off Con Ed Bill

11-25-2007, 11:21 PM   #1
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e X-Drive

NYC residents 7% off Con Ed Bill

This is for NYC residents only. i can vouch that its not a scam because my sister and my girlfriend who lives in brooklyn both signed up for it already so i can vouch that its really a savings from their electric bill from Coned. Unfortunately its only for NYC residents so not for us Long Islander's. Its basically switching to natural gas while still staying with ConEd. Your monthly bill is still from ConEd and your meter guy wont change, but on the bill will have a Ambit Energy discount. here's all the info...

LINK
Con Edison and Ambit is offering a switch to natural gas and electricity delivery from Ambit Energy while still being billed by Con Edison. The perks are you save approximately 7% off Con Ed's estimated energy supply charge for the 1st 2 months and they guarantee at least 1% savings thereafter. And that also leads to another 1-2% in tax savings. So basically you dont need to do anything different, your bill is still coming from Con Ed, but you will see the discount off the bill

To enroll for the switch here is the link...
Enroll Now
Click on ENROLL NOW under the SAVE MONEY tab

Ok here is the bigger perk lol. for switching you will receive a 2 night hotel package certificate in the new customer Welcome Package

These are the cities you can use the 2 night getaway for..straight off their site...

"We're so convinced you'll enjoy our personalized service and great savings that we'll give you a gift just for giving it a try. Sign up for Ambit Energy service today and we'll include a FREE Getaway for 2 certificate in your new customer Welcome Package.

Our Getaway for 2 certificates offer 3 days and 2 nights complimentary deluxe hotel accommodation at any of 25 exciting destinations in the U.S."

Destinations
Daytona Beach, FL
Destin, FL
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Orlando, FL
Charlotte, NC
Myrtle Beach, SC
Ocean Ridge, SC
Williamsburg, VA
Atlantic City, NJ
Newport, RI
Ocean City, MD
Durango, CO
Flagstaff, AZ
Lake Tahoe, NV
Las Vegas, NV
Pagosa Springs, CO
Palm Springs, CA
Reno, NV
Sedona, AZ
Nashville, TN
Smoky Mountains, TN
Branson, MO
San Antonio, TX
New Orleans, LA
Oahu, HI

Switch Date to Ambit
Your service switch date to Ambit Energy will be based on the date of your order enrollment and your Con Edison cycle (meter read) date. If your order is received by Ambit at least 15 calendar days before your next Con Edison cycle (meter read) date, typically, your electric service will begin with Ambit 1 day after that cycle (meter read) date. Otherwise, the start date will occur 1 day after the following cycle (meter read) date.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: the Wind

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [10.00]
i would not recommend!!!

Read the fine print!
its 7% off for the first 3 months and then full price BUT what they don't tell you is that ConEd will still charge delivery fee of $50 for any of the ESCO's that you go with. I have an experience with this with more then one person and with employees of the company.

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep

are you sure you have the right company? my g/f and her relatives have been with ambit for over 4 months now and no fee has been charged...best part is that the free cruise tickets are real and not a scam. i didnt believe it at first too and i shot down my g/f's idea of recommending it to my relatives in the city but after seeing her results i think its a safe bet.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: the Wind

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [10.00]
yes, if you look closely at the bill you will see it. i guess each ESCO has their own promos. if you are satisfied then great.

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 12:22 PM   #5
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep

no there is no additional charge, there are over 40 different ESCO's so you can't assume ConEd charges for all, although they probably do charge for certain ones but this one is not one of them
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:35 PM   #6
BMW335TT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

its all bs to make one person profit and be rich
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep