E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > MSport rear bumper diffuser

09-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #1
AviatorBimmerFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92

MSport rear bumper diffuser

Hey guys, I'm dropping off my new MSport rear bumper at the paint shop tomorrow and I have a question regarding the diffuser.

Is it best to paint it flat black, gloss black or leave it the way it came from factory?

My car is a Space Grey 2007 E92... Thanks for any suggestions!
      09-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

Gloss black would look nice. I had mine painted flat black and I had that little piece that goes in the center painted space grey.
      09-01-2017, 07:00 PM   #3
AviatorBimmerFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenY. View Post
Gloss black would look nice. I had mine painted flat black and I had that little piece that goes in the center painted space grey.
You have pics?
      09-01-2017, 07:58 PM   #4
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorBimmerFL View Post
You have pics?
Couldn't find any pics of the flat black since I switched to CF diffuser pretty soon after getting my msport bumper.

Here's how it looks now.
      09-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #5
SeanCon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
Quote:
You have pics?
Couldn't find any pics of the flat black since I switched to CF diffuser pretty soon after getting my msport bumper.

Here's how it looks now.
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
This looks nice but that's the HP Sport style diffuser. From what I understand OP has the OEM M Sport diffuser which doesn't have fins. Am I mistaken? If so I'd leave it the way it is.
      09-01-2017, 09:32 PM   #6
AviatorBimmerFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCon View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You have pics?

Here's how it looks now.
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
This looks nice but that's the HP Sport style diffuser. From what I understand OP has the OEM M Sport diffuser which doesn't have fins. Am I mistaken? If so I'd leave it the way it is.
Correct, I have the OEM MSport diffuser without the fins. I guess I will go with glossy black.

Now, should I paint that little trim in the top middle Space Gray or glossy black as well?
      09-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #7
SeanCon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You have pics?

Here's how it looks now.
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Correct, I have the OEM MSport diffuser without the fins. I guess I will go with glossy black.

Now, should I paint that little trim in the top middle Space Gray or glossy black as well?
Cool that's what I figured. If you're going to go gloss black personally I'd just do the whole thing gloss black. Either way make a post I'd like to see how it comes out.
      09-01-2017, 10:24 PM   #8
AviatorBimmerFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You have pics?

Here's how it looks now.
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

Cool that's what I figured. If you're going to go gloss black personally I'd just do the whole thing gloss black. Either way make a post I'd like to see how it comes out.
Thanks, I will do that in about a week or so. Going to drop it off tomorrow at the paint shop.

BTW, my car currently has the stock rear bumper. This Msport bumper came with just the diffuser and tow hook cover. It's a matter of just swapping the old bumper with this one? I don't need some sort of bumper guide? I ask because I've seen some places sell the kit and it comes with some sort of bumper guides. I'm wondering if I would need those in order to install this bumper.
      09-01-2017, 11:04 PM   #9
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I will do that in about a week or so. Going to drop it off tomorrow at the paint shop.

BTW, my car currently has the stock rear bumper. This Msport bumper came with just the diffuser and tow hook cover. It's a matter of just swapping the old bumper with this one? I don't need some sort of bumper guide? I ask because I've seen some places sell the kit and it comes with some sort of bumper guides. I'm wondering if I would need those in order to install this bumper.
Straight swap, you don't need anything else.
      09-01-2017, 11:12 PM   #10
AviatorBimmerFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Straight swap, you don't need anything else.
Awesome! Thanks guys!