E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > AFE Intake

08-31-2010, 07:45 PM   #45
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
I think it fixed the problem. It even changed the sound; no doubt the engine wasnt breathing right.

I still have those little bumps in acceleration, but they are less noticeable and they happen only in first or second. So my guess is that maybe it have something to do with the PBX, but as it is now, I can deal with that.

I'm gonna go with a tune someday within a year so its only temporary.

Thanks for the help guys.
Give your car some time to adjust. From my experience, it takes a while for the car to fully adjust when something changes for the engine. More than likely now that you have the issue fixed within the next couple days it should smooth out those bumps you're experiencing. If it doesn't try putting the pbx to stock and then switch it back to the map you were using. Should reset everything and fix the problem. If not, I have no idea what else to suggest.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #46
lore2486
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 AW/IR 328i

i just intalled an afe today on my car, and its not pulling as hard as it did when it was stock, theres no midrange power or something like that, and i also have this so called boost in speed, maybe the car is adapting??? idk if the thingy is backwards cuz both of those pics look exaclty teh same to me can anyone hilight or something to knwo what is the thing that goes the other way?
thanks
      11-19-2010, 06:22 AM   #47
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lore2486 View Post
i just intalled an afe today on my car, and its not pulling as hard as it did when it was stock, theres no midrange power or something like that, and i also have this so called boost in speed, maybe the car is adapting??? idk if the thingy is backwards cuz both of those pics look exaclty teh same to me can anyone hilight or something to knwo what is the thing that goes the other way?
thanks
I had mine installed right and the car lost power on the low end. Also when ever I hit 3k RPM in second gear the car would sort of lag for about a second and then go up in RPMs again (this was in both D and DS mode). I finally took the damn thing off and put in my stock box with a drop in filter and a charcoal filter delete. Car feels a lot more alive now.
Appreciate 0