E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MHD Flash Q's: backup stock DME & boost taper

12-24-2016, 10:22 PM   #1
N52SK
Rep
Drives: BMW

MHD Flash Q's: backup stock DME & boost taper

Couple questions as follows that I could not find in my research so far:

Info: 2007 BMW 335i automatic. 100% stock.

1. Can I backup my actual BMW DME and then reflash it back exactly like the day it was sold new if I don't like it or decided to part with the car? Conflicting information out there saying you can only backup DME to the stage 0 map provided by MHD.

2. MHD claims you need android version 3.2 or great to download and operate the software. I have version 4.2.2 and it does not let me download the app to test connection for free.

3. Why are the stage 1 map logs (91 octane) that I have been looking at showing a decreasing boost taper from 15 psi at 4000 rpm to 10 psi at 7000 rpm? Would you not want the boost to remain constant 15 psi throughout the entire power band?

4. Is it possible to setup user defined boost ie. 12 psi throughout entire power band. Not sure at this point I want to throw 15 psi at the motor in stock form (intercooler and intake loses).
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 10:52 PM   #2
N52SK
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by N52SK View Post
Couple questions as follows that I could not find in my research so far:

Info: 2007 BMW 335i automatic. 100% stock.

1. Can I backup my actual BMW DME and then reflash it back exactly like the day it was sold new if I don't like it or decided to part with the car? Conflicting information out there saying you can only backup DME to the stage 0 map provided by MHD.

2. MHD claims you need android version 3.2 or great to download and operate the software. I have version 4.2.2 and it does not let me download the app to test connection for free.

3. Why are the stage 1 map logs (91 octane) that I have been looking at showing a decreasing boost taper from 15 psi at 4000 rpm to 10 psi at 7000 rpm? Would you not want the boost to remain constant 15 psi throughout the entire power band?

4. Is it possible to setup user defined boost ie. 12 psi throughout entire power band. Not sure at this point I want to throw 15 psi at the motor in stock form (intercooler and intake loses).

Appreciate 0