E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > Spare Wheel & Alpine Speakers

01-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
BWT
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Spare Wheel & Alpine Speakers

Hi - I've got the following items for sale.

Spare Wheel for E90, E92 - $150
I bought these about 3 months ago from another member of the forum (via eBay) but did not end up putting non-RFT's on the car.

I was told that the spare was from an HSV and the guy had the centre bored out (professionally done) to fit the 3 & 1 series BMWs. I tried the spare wheel on the front of my 325i and it fitted fine.

Wheel has no scratches & tyre is as new also.

Alpine Speakers from BMW Alpine Upgrade Kit - $100
Bought these from SBC a couple of days ago for rear fill but they do not fit on the rear deck of my E90. I already have Morel Hybrid Ovations in the front doors so I don't need them.

I think prices are good already but I'm open to offers.

Pick up from Sydney preferred. Can post - buyer to pay costs.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
bmwaddiction
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350 F Sport

just a question on the Alpine speakers - are they too big / small for the rear shelf speaker holes? Or is there another type of fitment issue?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #3
BWT
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwaddiction View Post
just a question on the Alpine speakers - are they too big / small for the rear shelf speaker holes? Or is there another type of fitment issue?
The speakers are 4" as well but the plastic ring with the three mounting holes are too big to drop into the existing space. I don't think depth is an issue (I did not check carefully) but it looked like it would fit.

I guess I could sand down the plastic frame of the Alpines to make them fit but that's too much trouble and I normally have the speakers faded to the front anyway. I bought them because I thought they were a good deal and the magnets are very large compared to the original speakers so thought I would install them just for when I wanted to run all front & rears for a bit more volume.

Last edited by BWT; 01-07-2012 at 06:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
BWT
Private
Rep

Now on Ebay - links below

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-3-Ser...item1e6c4ac381

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alpine-Sp...item1e6c4ae412
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 04:35 AM   #5
bmwaddiction
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

good price for the speakers, I would get them but just recently got infinity references for the rear shelf

also - fantastic price on the spare wheel, I got exactly the same one and I went through the hassle of getting it machined to fit, this is definately a bargain for anyone who wants a spare wheel

good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
ansch
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

Will the wheel clear the brakes on a 135i?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 12:51 AM   #7
BWT
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwaddiction View Post
good price for the speakers, I would get them but just recently got infinity references for the rear shelf

also - fantastic price on the spare wheel, I got exactly the same one and I went through the hassle of getting it machined to fit, this is definately a bargain for anyone who wants a spare wheel

good luck
Thanks!

Did you have to modify the Infinity to make it fit and are you running them off the head unit or external amp?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #8
BWT
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansch View Post
Will the wheel clear the brakes on a 135i?
I bought it from anther forum member and it fitted on his 130i but I'm not sure about the 135i.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
bmwaddiction
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWT View Post
Thanks!

Did you have to modify the Infinity to make it fit and are you running them off the head unit or external amp?
no the Infinity References were pretty much plug and play, 4 inch fit. The speakers had 4 holes instead of OEM 3 holes, but that can be easily modified to fit the speaker into the existing hole/mounting location.

I run them off the head unit just like the standard speakers, however the sound quality is better and fidelity / clarity is greater as well due to an in-built tweeter.

The total cost was $110 from a local audio shop, so quite a cheap mod.
Appreciate 0