E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Ground Control Suspension

07-16-2014, 03:32 PM   #1
DuDai
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Ground Control Suspension

I've done a bit of searching and found relatively nothing in relation to this suspension. My shop that I go to for all my work recommended this suspension to me. This would be for springs, shocks, camber plates, bump stops, Control arms, and mounts. Wondering if anyone here has installed it or been in a car with ground control stuff?

The owner of the shop uses it on his M5 and says he loves it. Said he got his custom made so that he can use it at the track and then for street driving he can raise the car up a bit so its not so low. Mind you he is a mechanic and this would be relatively easy for him but still. He said the street setup would most likely be best for me considering that's majority of my driving. Anyways, let me know your thoughts.
      07-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
GC uses custom valved Koni dampers; good but limited tech. TC Kline also uses customized Koni tech.
KW's street-oriented dampers offer a more comfortable ride on the E9x platform, IMO; Koni is a little harsh by comparison.

Look at KW Street Comfort. There are a couple of great reviews around here.
      07-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #3
DuDai
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
GC uses custom valved Koni dampers; good but limited tech. TC Kline also uses customized Koni tech.
KW's street-oriented dampers offer a more comfortable ride on the E9x platform, IMO; Koni is a little harsh by comparison.

Yeah I've read quite a bit of reviews on the KW setups. He also mentioned them to me as highly recommended. They look like a nice setup as well.
      07-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #4
CALWATERBOY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDai View Post
I've done a bit of searching and found relatively nothing in relation to this suspension. My shop that I go to for all my work recommended this suspension to me. This would be for springs, shocks, camber plates, bump stops, Control arms, and mounts. Wondering if anyone here has installed it or been in a car with ground control stuff?

The owner of the shop uses it on his M5 and says he loves it. Said he got his custom made so that he can use it at the track and then for street driving he can raise the car up a bit so its not so low. Mind you he is a mechanic and this would be relatively easy for him but still. He said the street setup would most likely be best for me considering that's majority of my driving. Anyways, let me know your thoughts.

HERE - excellent result - grip w/o end
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 02:02 AM   #5
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

Gotta agree with that based on experience with both on my car.
      07-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
DuDai
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
HERE - excellent result - grip w/o end
Thanks! That's what I was looking for!
      07-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #7
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's & Porsche's

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
Gotta agree with that based on experience with both on my car.

This is the first time we've heard the word 'Koni' and 'harsh' in the same sentence before......

In fact, we have done 2 installs in the recent past where the customer had us take off KW to install our TC Kline kits.

Koni uses a 'no pressure' or 'low pressure' gas system just for that reason, to create a softer ride on the street.

Just our .02.....
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 12:18 AM   #8
dinanm3atl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP 70 Olds 442 F31 Diesel

Big fan on the Ground Control/Koni Based systems personally. Had great experiences. TCKline seems to have equally as quality reviews. Should be very happy with either.
Appreciate 0