E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Other hobbies/collections

10-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #89
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II View Post
..Just one question regarding the band: Do we get complimentary groupies?? If not, then I suggest we add them to the rider...
It goes without saying, Mark.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #90
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
I charge a minimum rider of at least 2 JDs and a look at someone's secondhand page 3 stunner. Pipe and slippers are a must of course. Goes without saying really
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II View Post
Current collection includes: US Fender Strat (54 body) in Shoreline Gold with Maple neck, vintage pick-ups, pro trem etc (my second love), Ibanez S type Mahogany/FM (my rock axe), Line 6 Variax electro-acoustic, Parker Nite-Fly, Echo 6 & 12 string acoustics. I used to use Vox AC30 and Marshall combos in the past but have now gone over to the dark side (non valve) and run a Line 6 Vetta II digital with the FBV floor unit.

Just one question regarding the band: Do we get complimentary groupies?? If not, then I suggest we add them to the rider...
See comment about secondhand page 3 stunner re groupies...and cracking guitar collection! My mate has a Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul, Fender Strat (old), various signature beasts and some amazing thing the name of which escapes me at the moment...lots of wonga though. He uses Marshall 4x12s a lot of the time but swears by his line6 for general rehearsals! Personally I'll take a good Korg Triton or Roland X series any day!

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 03:56 AM   #91
Mark II
The Grim Reapers Love Child
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
It goes without saying, Mark. Viv
Good to hear!! Then I'll take a blonde, two brunettes (preferably twins) and a red-head to go please I'll always fancied trying the 'Rock God' life style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
...cracking guitar collection!
Thanks! Like your keyboard set up too. Years ago I used to have a Roland D50 and MC500 Midi sequencer but I soon realised that I was to keyboard playing what Chopin was to brick laying

Marshall: I used to love my Marshall gear (never had a 4x12 speaker cab - most times I used to run my AC30 or my Valvestates through the PA system) but the Line 6 Vetta is incredible - digitally models 70 amps (everything from Fender to Soldano), has over 80 stompbox and studio effects, 28 speaker cabinets, 3 studio-standard microphones set-ups and you can run dual amp voicing or output one amp signal to the PA, whilst the other goes to cabs. The only downside is it's so bloody complex you need to keep a sound engineer in your back pocket

Guess I better get practising - haven't quite mastered 3 blind mice.....and doing Yngwie Malmstein impressions at the local guitar shop is still some way off

For the uninitiated:

Previous: e92 M-Sport. TiAg. Black Dakota. Creamy 6cyl diesel. Stage II Tune. Performance exhaust. K&N. Auto+paddles. Quaife LSD. BMW BBK+Cool Carbon S/T. Goodridge. 19" Breyton Race GTS. Vredesteins. M3 lip. Prof nav. Xenons. Voice. Sun protection. Pdc. etc..
Appreciate 0