E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > M5 Touring vs GT-R

08-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #67
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
Sports suspension - yes.
Seats - not sure. I'm sure someone can tell me though!

Yep
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #68
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnbrukid View Post
Yep
Those ain't sports seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #69
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
+1!!!!
      08-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #70
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

The top looks similar, now that i look at the base with no extendable knee support they aint, just SE pish LOL...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #71
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

@ both

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 01:12 AM   #72
E902717
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E91 335d M-Sport

I thought the sport suspension on the 335i/d is the same ride height as the Msport cars?

See...an SE trying to be a M-sport

(it was a joke)

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 03:09 AM   #73
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
I like M sport stuff - on proper M cars.

Otherwise it's a bit like wearing a Ronaldo football shirt...

Why would I want extendable knee supports? I tend to find that my legs stay the same length.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 03:40 AM   #74
E902717
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:

Why would I want extendable knee supports? I tend to find that my legs stay the same length.
They are better for me as i have long legs, the msport seats are alot more comfy than the SE seats they feel like you are sitting in them to sitting on top of the standard seats if you know what i mean.

You also don't slide all over the place in the sport seats....i've heard Will quite like it though

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 03:49 AM   #75
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
These are the comfiest seats I've had in a car and no issues with support. My R32 had very "sporty" Konig seats and they were uncomfortable even though they looked "cool."

How about we just admit we are all different? I'm a bit bored of muppets slagging off what is a very decent motor just because I don't like the M Sport kit and actively looked for an SE. Some of whom have my idea of hell - M Sported Beemer with a small engine. So we have the same suspension but lack a bodykit and loads of M badges plus wheels that crack - and these M Sport kits cost about £3k - can anyone enlighten me as to why I'd want one? Apart from to be the same as everyone else? Maybe I should have bought a Focus RS/ST instead then?

Let's just leave it eh? The only M badges I would have would be on an M car. M Sport to me is like S-Line for Audis - expensive chavving for those that desperately want a "proper" M or S (or RS) car.

Last edited by Em135eye; 08-28-2009 at 04:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 04:23 AM   #76
E902717
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
These are the comfiest seats I've had in a car and no issues with support. My R32 had very "sporty" Konig seats and they were uncomfortable even though they looked "cool."

How about we just admit we are all different? I'm a bit bored of muppets slagging off what is a very decent motor just because I don't like the M Sport kit and actively looked for an SE. Some of whom have my idea of hell - M Sported Beemer with a small engine. So we have the same suspension but lack a bodykit and loads of M badges plus wheels that crack - and these M Sport kits cost about £3k - can anyone enlighten me as to why I'd want one? Apart from to be the same as everyone else? Maybe I should have bought a Focus RS/ST instead then?

Let's just leave it eh? The only M badges I would have would be on an M car. M Sport to me is like S-Line for Audis - expensive chavving for those that desperately want a "proper" M or S (or RS) car.
i haven't slagged your car of once your the one calling the M-sport expensive chavving.

The msport cars are not trying to pretend to be a proper M Car and you can quite easily tell the difference between a 3 series sport and a M3.

IMHO the 3 series M-sport is just better looking. like you said everyone is entitled to there own opinion..

Anyway back on topic..

M5 touring

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 04:29 AM   #77
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:

Yah likewise with what 1902717 said - I never slagged off your car or your opinion mate.

I slagged off the opinion of some guy on an anonymous website - having tracked down and read the review, it was apparent the bloke wasnt exactly a petrolhead.

I totally agree by the way with regards to 318's in M-Sport guise, which obviously I believe is all they come as - its not my cup of tea at all.

However, if a car like mine cant wear an M badge then there is something weird going on... as for your phobia of cracking wheels, well its clear its almost become an obsession - does it keep you up at night?

It doesnt me lol - and I really should be worried as I own some!

Additionally, its worth noting that M-Sport generally comes with 18' MV3 alloys which are NOT prone to cracking, only the 225's and whichever other 19 it is that are, are!

I completely agree with anyone who says its horses for courses - I dont neccesarily agree with peoples opinions though.

For example if SE or M-Sport were actually hated by all, they wouldnt sell it would they? Just like wooden trim still exists in 2009!! Lord, who would have thought that??? 2009??? Wood Trim!! Insane!

As for the seats, well I think we will have to disagree on that one, M-Sport are definately better, more comfortable etc - dont liken M-Sport seats to Konig seats in your Golf, very different.

Thats like saying Audi sports seats are better/worse than Audi Recaro seats - my arse wont fit in the Recaros for starters!!!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 06:00 AM   #78
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Fully concur defo. sports seat much better and with the knee extensions adds to the variable seating positions for different folks as much as anything. The M sport seats are obviously totally different to full blown harness jobs etc, those are for the slim peeps of this world! Always remember a 320d SE loan car I had once with the standard seats, first corner I went around I was sliding all over the place. Anything that grips my hips and upper thighs whilst hooning through tight bends gets my vote.

Don't care what anyone thinks either, the best car seats for overall comfort and support I've yet had my arse in/on are Volvo ones ie. their variation of sports seats.

But we're all different thankfully.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 06:29 AM   #79
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Fair points all and sorry for my slight M Sport rant.

Does anyone else find Beemerbird's hip and thigh experiences a little too exciting for a Friday afternoon?!!

Female in a 997 Turbo too - I'm sorry but that's a very appealing combination.

I guess the non sport seats are annoying if they don't fit you - but ours seem to fit me (5'8", long limbed for my lack of height) and Mrs Matt (5'6") perfectly so no adjustment needed. If we were really tall or short maybe it would be a different matter. The sports seats only seem to have a tiny bits more padding on the sides of the bottom section - hardly going to make much difference if the normal seats fit fine.

And anyway, I love the Terra Dakota leather (browner looking than the photo) so much, I can't stop treating/cleaning it...

Matt - LOL about wooden trim! I spotted a few with it and steered well clear. No need at all. Unless you want a Jag. Thanks for clearing up the 18" cracking (or not) issue too - my mistake.

Last edited by Em135eye; 08-28-2009 at 07:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 06:40 AM   #80
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
I find anything which 'theoretically' calculates your 1/4 mile based on weight and power rarely considers torque and never considers gearing, which means they often come out with my car - at around 1700kg inc driver at sort of 18 seconds, when in truth its probably more like 13.2 or something (assuming I could run the drag -hehe- as well as Carl or Tony which I cant) so there is some interest in seeing how a car can surprise the mathematicians out there, not to mention that many cars at RWYB are older and heavily modified, often with no real clue as to what the supposed BHP is etc.

I can tell you one thing about launching too - in the 335d for sure - I cant launch well AT ALL so if someone else can then fair play to them!

The correct answer for why bother with Drag Racing is - why the fuck not? Why bother to get out of bed, wash your bollocks and go to work? Why bother to play xbox games when truly, you achieve nothing. Why go to the cinema for 2 hours of empty pleasure? Why spunk your load over a couple of Estonian prostitutes?

Why do anything?

Actually, in the words of Billie Piper 'Coz I want to!'

Regards
Matt
      08-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #81
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Fair points all and sorry for my slight M Sport rant.

Does anyone else find Beemerbird's hip and thigh experiences a little too exciting for a Friday afternoon?!!

Female in a 997 Turbo too - I'm sorry but that's a very appealing combination.

I guess the non sport seats are annoying if they don't fit you - but ours seem to fit me (5'8", long limbed for my lack of height) and Mrs Matt (5'6") perfectly so no adjustment needed. If we were really tall or short maybe it would be a different matter. The sports seats only seem to have a tiny bits more padding on the sides of the bottom section - hardly going to make much difference if the normal seats fit fine.

And anyway, I love the Terra Dakota leather (browner looking than the photo) so much, I can't stop treating/cleaning it...

Matt - LOL about wooden trim! I spotted a few with it and steered well clear. No need at all. Unless you want a Jag. Thanks for clearing up the 18" cracking (or not) issue too - my mistake.
lol, oh to be a girl AND on a forum eh Helen?

Well, I am glad all is once again right with the world!!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #82
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Fear not - happily married (for nearly ten years). Just an observation...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #83
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
lol, oh to be a girl AND on a forum eh Helen?
Matt, you've cheered me up a bit 'GIRL' lol. I'm in an arse at the mo, just got to top of the next street and 'boing' puncture warning and diagram showing OSF down. Turns around gets back home and sure enough down from 2.3 bar to 1.7 bar, can't see 'owt so need to jack car up. He'll be in soon so will have a look then. Bloody bollocks and bastards!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #84
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Oh t1ts. That may cost a few pennies.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #85
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Actually, the rears are only £305 max retail on Pirelli P Zero Rossos and luckily I've got tyre insurance.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 08:12 AM   #86
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Some might call £305 a lot of pennies!

Tyre insurance?! Didn't know that existed. Don't really need it for the narrow crossplys on my E91 335d...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #87
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Exactly that's why I've got tyre insurance.

Had it on my 335d, was part of the deal with the BMW dealer actually and I had to use it once due to a dodgy runflat which btw are generally more expensive than non runflats and the jury is still 'out' on whether they should be repaired or not.

Time to jack the car up now.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #88
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

And the randomness of this thread continues!!

Matt
Appreciate 0