E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > New rear window regulators in. Won't stay closed now!: 06-22-2012

New rear window regulators in. Won't stay closed now!
Calendar: USA - Mid-Atlantic
Road Racer 1995
Registered

Can someone describe how to CORRECTLY replace rear window regulators please? I replaced the physical parts just fine. But the functionality is not perfect. When the window reaches the closed position, it immediately rolls down to half way. I replaced both rear regulators & both do this now. I have to creep the windows up. Stop just before fully closed. And then lightly use the switch again and the windows will only close this way! I guess the system is confused as to where the fully closed position is. It is activating the safety “pinch” feature and opening the windows. Is there an electronic reset procedure or does the window have to be in a specific position when you re-assembly your new regulator & attach the window? I’m surprised there is no mention of this in these forums! I searched & find only a mention of holding the switch up for 4 seconds while the window is closed to reset. If my windows come down immediately, this is impossible to do! Is there anybody out there with actual knowledge of how to reset this? Please help. Thanks. (Got my parts from AM autoparts. $60 ea. Same as OEM)
RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed.