E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Tasteless, classless & crude

07-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer

I'm no angel. I'm no saint. I often talk like a sailor and occassionally lend ear to indulge my friend's tasteless jokes and pretend to chuckle a bit. But there's a time and a place for certain behavior. Often times I am an angel. I am a saint and I ususally dress appropriately as the occassion necessitates.

But there's a different breed out there today. Young men and women who have no distain for the seemingly crude and often downright embarrasing. One must wonder what their parents think (if their parents think at all). I suppose we can thank the neverending 'in your face' sex and violence brought on by the demand of youth in such things as video games and even primetime television. There's a definite generation of 'vidiots' coming up through the ranks and it is quite disturbing to a certain degree.

One thing that I particularly can't stand is the outward appearance of having absolutely no class and no care for what used to be termed "proper" behavior. That's all gone out the window it would seem today.

Here is a prime example:

Who in their right mind would put such a moronic and crude decal on their car and wear it like a badge of honor? Apparently a WHOLE lot of people. Do their parents sport the same garbage on their Caddy's and Lexus? I doubt it. Do these youth feel at all ashamed or uncomfortable when visiting family while driving the 'boy racer shocker mobile'? Doubtful. It is without a doubt a reflection of one's self and is utterly ridiculous. It used to be the stupid Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes that was pissing on everything. That was stupid enough but as most things go, it must be taken up a notch (or clear to the top as evidence shows).

Just the other day I was sitting in a restaurant waiting for some food and a small group of kids (probably between 18&20yo) came in and without consideration to anyone else in the restaurant, of which their were several small children, starting talking loudly (no surprise) about things such as shaving balls and sucking cock etc. Seriously? Has common sense and just plain old overall decency just gone out the fucking window? "Perfect candidates for the 'shocker' on their vehicle" I thought to myself (although I doubt anything would shock them).

Edit: Those ridiculous "truck nuts" also come to mind.

Last edited by DARK_M3; 07-10-2012 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

do you live in Riverside?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
do you live in Riverside?
Nope. Why.. is that the birthplace of this kind of shit?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

not the birthplace of it, but SoCal is a cess pool for people like this......
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
not the birthplace of it, but SoCal is a cess pool for people like this......
Agreed
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

What really concerns me, is the total lack of regard people have for each other. All the videos on youtube of horrible accidents where you are literally witnessing someone's death and people are laughing and making crude jokes.

It happened on here not too long ago with a video from the middle east of some idiots drifting, crashing, and being thrown limb from limb from the vehicle. Yah, they might of been idiots for engaging in such activity, and obviously they didn't have much regard for anyone else, but it doesn't give us the right to sit back in our chair and make crude remarks.

Just my opinion though.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Houston was always the "huge city with small town feel" - then we took on tens of thousands of people who fled a storm that hit New Orleans (i'll give you a guess as to what i'm talking about).

Houston has gotten better over the last 3 or 4 years - these people are going back to New Orleans now that it is much more liveable.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

there were more murders in the 2 weeks that we "housed" these victims in the Astrodome, than there were in the entire city.

we took on criminals, rapists and people who were basically worthless in a normal society.

those years were bad here in Houston, and even though we have some "lingerers", it's steadily gotten better......
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Ok, I'll really feel like a fogey now. I've never seen that symbol before. What does it mean?

I agree with you, though. I work at a university and my office used to be near the rest rooms. During class breaks the students would line up in the hallway waiting for the rest room and the language they used, both sexes, was stunning. Do they talk like that around the water cooler at Fortune 500 companies these days?

People in general have little or no concern for anyone but themselves any more. That's evident everywhere. People make noise at all hours, dress like crap in nice restaurants, let their kids scream while others are trying to enjoy a nice meal, etc. And around here, they drive cars, trucks, and motorcycles with next to no exhaust system (we have no emissions testing or inspections of any kind). I was raised to respect the peace-and-quiet that other folks have a right to expect. But somewhere along the line that right disappeared like so many other rights.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #10
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
What really concerns me, is the total lack of regard people have for each other. All the videos on youtube of horrible accidents where you are literally witnessing someone's death and people are laughing and making crude jokes.

It happened on here not too long ago with a video from the middle east of some idiots drifting, crashing, and being thrown limb from limb from the vehicle. Yah, they might of been idiots for engaging in such activity, and obviously they didn't have much regard for anyone else, but it doesn't give us the right to sit back in our chair and make crude remarks.

Just my opinion though.
It's like one big video game now. Car crashes and bullets don't hurt... that's just pretend!

The problem is that people are losing touch with what's real and what's not. Wayyyyyy too much violence in all media has desensitized most. To add humor is just the "I have internet and I be a troll" way unfortunately. Nothing truly shocks anyone anymore and common decency is becoming a myth.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Ok, I'll really feel like a fogey now. I've never seen that symbol before. What does it mean?

I agree with you, though. I work at a university and my office used to be near the rest rooms. During class breaks the students would line up in the hallway waiting for the rest room and the language they used, both sexes, was stunning. Do they talk like that around the water cooler at Fortune 500 companies these days?

People in general have little or no concern for anyone but themselves any more. That's evident everywhere. People make noise at all hours, dress like crap in nice restaurants, let their kids scream while others are trying to enjoy a nice meal, etc. And around here, they drive cars, trucks, and motorcycles with next to no exhaust system (we have no emissions testing or inspections of any kind). I was raised to respect the peace-and-quiet that other folks have a right to expect. But somewhere along the line that right disappeared like so many other rights.
Well the saying that accompanies it is "Two in the pink & one in the stink" so what does that tell you?

And yes... it's all about me me me. Just look around at people yip yapping away on their cell phones like me or anyone else gives a shit about their conversation. Modern technology is certainly just as much of a curse as it is great. The very things that were supposed to make our lives more efficient and free up more free time has done just the reverse.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #12
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3 View Post
Well the saying that accompanies it is "Two in the pink & one in the stink" so what does that tell you?

And yes... it's all about me me me. Just look around at people yip yapping away on their cell phones like me or anyone else gives a shit about their conversation. Modern technology is certainly just as much of a curse as it is great. The very things that were supposed to make our lives more efficient and free up more free time has done just the reverse.
Ah, ok. Yeah, that's a crude thing to have on your car. But crude is the thing nowadays. Everyone goes for the shock factor.

My biggest peeve with cell phones are the push-to-talk ones where you are forced to listen to both sides of the inane conversation punctuated by annoying beeps. Luckily such phones seem to be slowly disappearing. I remember a Latino kid on the Boston T laying on a bench on a subway car while people had to stand. He was yapping away in Spanish with one of those push-to-talk phones and his bimbo girlfriend was yapping back at him. I was trying to count the number of ways this kid was an asshole, but I ran out of fingers and toes.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #13
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:

What I mean by that and how it relates here is that, being a money driven society, the computer/cell phone age has made making money that much faster which equals more time spent doing just that. Where technology has made it intirely possible to spend more time with our families instilling values and decency, it has backfired and done just the opposite. Therefore you have more 'digital' babysitters and kids with a lot of time on their hands. Not good as stepping out your front door proves all too often today.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Ah, ok. Yeah, that's a crude thing to have on your car. But crude is the thing nowadays. Everyone goes for the shock factor.

My biggest peeve with cell phones are the push-to-talk ones where you are forced to listen to both sides of the inane conversation punctuated by annoying beeps. Luckily such phones seem to be slowly disappearing. I remember a Latino kid on the Boston T laying on a bench on a subway car while people had to stand. He was yapping away in Spanish with one of those push-to-talk phones and his bimbo girlfriend was yapping back at him. I was trying to count the number of ways this kid was an asshole, but I ran out of fingers and toes.
Good thing I wasn't there. That's all I'm going to say about that. I'm a pretty tolerant and passive person... mostly.

BTW... that's a PRIME example of what I'm talking about here.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #15
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

And a note about 'truck nuts' because they deserve a mention here as well...

I don't go around with my nuts hanging out of my zipper for all to see. A dog does so (minus the zipper) because, well, it's a fucking dog. Your car or truck isn't a dog either so WTF? Because everyone wants to look at the sack on a dog and say Ooooo... nice nuts. Fact of the matter is, I've never heard anyone mention the nuts on a dog and if they did I might give them a sideways look and ask if they were ok.

Just as crude. Just as stupid. And no, your truck doesn't have any more testostarone than it did before you put those ridiculous things on their. It certainly doesn't scream "I am all that is man"... what it does scream is "Yup... I'm just another crude, classless moron."
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #16
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

All true. Although that very same technology is what pays my bills. I spend a good 12 hours/day with an LCD screen in front of me, like right now. Actually I have two, my laptop and the TV with the Sox game on. I miss the 80s when I was in Germany and had a real life full of real people I had to actually speak to. Like most folks in the military in the 80s, I lived paycheck to paycheck, but I was relatively happy with my life. Computers then were for playing crude video games. Not even that much fun. I might have talked on a phone 20 times in a year.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #17
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

True true. I miss going for a drive and NOT being contacted by people. I want to drive! If I wanted to yip yap on the phone, I would have stayed home. And I'm sure as hell not going to subject others to my stupid conversations in the process.

The best is people on the cell at the checkout! People don't talk to eachother anymore. Basic conversational skills are lost.

And we are wondering why people are starting to eat other peoples faces off?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #18
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
True true. I miss going for a drive and NOT being contacted by people. I want to drive! If I wanted to yip yap on the phone, I would have stayed home. And I'm sure as hell not going to subject others to my stupid conversations in the process.

The best is people on the cell at the checkout! People don't talk to eachother anymore. Basic conversational skills are lost.

And we are wondering why people are starting to eat other peoples faces off?
I never set up the BT in my Z4 for just that reason. I don't want to talk to anyone while I'm driving it. If cell phone use by drivers is outlawed someday, I won't mind a bit. It'll give me an excuse to turn my phone off when I'm driving. That way I'll get at least 2 hours of peace a day.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #19
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

To be fair, maybe the guy is trying to demonstrate how to do a rectovaginal exam. Can't knock a man for promoting good health!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #20
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
+1000000. I was a senior in high school at the time in Alief and boy did it get ghetto fast. Minor drama became daily fights and stabbings in and after school. They really have no upbringing of any sorts, per Neanderthal spirit and have no place in society. Kinda harsh but it's the reality of it.
this guy knows exactly what i'm talking about.

i was a cop at the time and volunteering at a local church in Pearland Texas.

i remember befriending a guy that was married with a little 3 year old girl.

i gave him an Astros Jersey, a Texas Rangers jersey and a couple of shorts to wear.

a week later, it was reported that he beat up his lady in the church bathroom where they were staying....
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
spanner1751
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i M sport sedan

Some people, like that guy, wear their lack of class like a medal on their chest. They like to show what a bad boy they are. Sadly, that jerk probably has a pretty girlfriend.
      07-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #22
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Don't blame video games. I played them since I was a little one and still do, but I don't have a shocker hand on my car... Blame the parents for being trash.