E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > psmitty95's Build Thread *update 3/22* Warning: Lots of pics

01-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #67
rclee820
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i xDrive

Also, where did you get your wheels mounted?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #68
stunna_e92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Car is looking good bro!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #69
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclee820 View Post
Nice! I'm looking into getting those wheels on my '10 335i xdrive, and was wondering what you thought about the ride quality on the stock xdrive suspension compared to your stock wheels. I assume the pictures from when you just got your wheels was stock height?
Quote:
Also, where did you get your wheels mounted?
yes in those pics I was on the stock suspension. On the stock suspension the ride wasn't that bad at all and it actually felt like it handled bumps as well as the oem runflats if not slightly better. I just picked the car up yesterday from getting lowered and love it. It's probably my favorite thing i've done to the car and i'd highly recommend lowering yours if you can.

The V1's handle bumps extremely well and everyone i've taken for a ride has commented on how comfortable it feels. It really doesn't feel that much different than OEM and is much more comfortable than most cars with coils i've been in. In terms of handling it made an insane difference... Now doing high speeds on the highway feel much more stable and it doesnt feel like the car is floating. Backroads are much more enjoyable and the car no longer has the body roll feeling like you're driving a boat. Hopefully i'll be able to put up some pics sometime this weekend.

In terms of mounting the wheels I had it done at AfterFX in Stamford since they were swapping out my TPMS at the time. I know do wheel installs myself since it's really not that hard as long as you have a breaker bar and a torque wrench. I don't go to AfterFX anymore because I really couldn't justify the $150 an hour labor price but other than that they were great. I now get all my work done at ACI Dynamix in Seymour, CT. It's far away but worth the drive for their prices and the quality of work they do. If you have any more questions let me know
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #70
rclee820
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
yes in those pics I was on the stock suspension. On the stock suspension the ride wasn't that bad at all and it actually felt like it handled bumps as well as the oem runflats if not slightly better. I just picked the car up yesterday from getting lowered and love it. It's probably my favorite thing i've done to the car and i'd highly recommend lowering yours if you can.

The V1's handle bumps extremely well and everyone i've taken for a ride has commented on how comfortable it feels. It really doesn't feel that much different than OEM and is much more comfortable than most cars with coils i've been in. In terms of handling it made an insane difference... Now doing high speeds on the highway feel much more stable and it doesnt feel like the car is floating. Backroads are much more enjoyable and the car no longer has the body roll feeling like you're driving a boat. Hopefully i'll be able to put up some pics sometime this weekend.

In terms of mounting the wheels I had it done at AfterFX in Stamford since they were swapping out my TPMS at the time. I know do wheel installs myself since it's really not that hard as long as you have a breaker bar and a torque wrench. I don't go to AfterFX anymore because I really couldn't justify the $150 an hour labor price but other than that they were great. I now get all my work done at ACI Dynamix in Seymour, CT. It's far away but worth the drive for their prices and the quality of work they do. If you have any more questions let me know
Thanks for the reply. I completely agree with you about AfterFX. I've been there myself and they do quality work, but their labor rate is just too high for me to go there on a regular basis.

Good to hear that there won't be much if any of a ride quality sacrifice once I get and put these wheels on.

The ride really does look great. Looking forward to seeing it lowered!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #71
rclee820
Enlisted Member
Rep

one more question: where did you get the carbon fiber dash kit?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #72
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
one more question: where did you get the carbon fiber dash kit?
I just bought 3m matte Di-noc carbon fiber vinyl and did it myself. Cost was about $80 if I remember correctly and a few hours of my time.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #73
E90_boostjunky
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I E90 SGM

nice i love it, the rims made a very very big difference.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #74
slideamerica
Rep
Drives: E36 ///M

Car looks good. Keep it up
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #75
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_boostjunky View Post
+1 Looks great. Love your progression!
      01-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #76
holmes011
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi coupe

look for a jet black e92 with OSS, i see you all the time when im not in my car but i gotta say im not a fan
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #77
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_boostjunky View Post
Yea the alufelgens are my favorite mod. These winters on the other hand, i'm not a fan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideamerica View Post
Car looks good. Keep it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric335 View Post
+1 Looks great. Love your progression!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes011 View Post
look for a jet black e92 with OSS, i see you all the time when im not in my car but i gotta say im not a fan
I'm pretty sure I saw you on sherwood ave or somewhere near that a few months ago. All I remember is an e92 with oss but I haven't seen it since then. I like feedback so just curious what you're not a fan of? Haha I might agree with you... Most of the things on the car I love but there are a couple regrets.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #78
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Updated the OP with some iphone pics of the tinted sidemarkers and drop. Let me know what you think about the sidemarkers. I'm undecided on them right now...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #79
rclee820
Enlisted Member
Rep

Let me know if you ever want to sell those wheels! (the SF-71's... not the winter wheels)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #80
klov335
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 lci n55 xdrive

Nice drop but the rear needs to be bit more low.. Looked raked
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #81
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Let me know if you ever want to sell those wheels! (the SF-71's... not the winter wheels)
Ok I might eventually. I'll definitely let you know if I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klov335 View Post
Nice drop but the rear needs to be bit more low.. Looked raked
Yea i'm going to bring the front up a tiny bit and drop the rear a bit. I like the look of the rear a bit higher since its more aggressive so i'm going to keep it like that but just a little less dramatic
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #82
wrose100
DABES
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 328xi

The car looks great!!
Looks good without looking over the top!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #83
klov335
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 lci n55 xdrive

Dood leave the front.. And tad lower in the back
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #84
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by klov335 View Post
Dood leave the front.. And tad lower in the back
I want to leave the front but it's so low... With the splitters it scrapes everywhere... The angle and speed I have to take small hills like leaving parking lots is a bit ridiculous. Idk yet though haven't decided 100%
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #85
holmes011
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi coupe

I'm pretty sure I saw you on sherwood ave or somewhere near that a few months ago. All I remember is an e92 with oss but I haven't seen it since then. I like feedback so just curious what you're not a fan of? Haha I might agree with you... Most of the things on the car I love but there are a couple regrets.[/QUOTE]

to start, not a fan of the wheels just because i just feel they are a little ehhh, just nothing special. second that front lip looks bad from any angle other than straight on. then hmm lets see the spoiler is ok i guess but in general i think spoilers are kinda ugly. But the biggest thing i really think looks bad are those brake decals....come dude. lol. But mechanically I approve, except VRSF parts scare me because of the cheapness which makes me feel like its not quality or that it won't stay quality over time.

But yeah i've seen you at least 3 times, but i dont always drive mine and i dont live in greenwich i just go to wick (im sure you just formed an opinion of me bc you probably go to GHS)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #86
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
to start, not a fan of the wheels just because i just feel they are a little ehhh, just nothing special. second that front lip looks bad from any angle other than straight on. then hmm lets see the spoiler is ok i guess but in general i think spoilers are kinda ugly. But the biggest thing i really think looks bad are those brake decals....come dude. lol. But mechanically I approve, except VRSF parts scare me because of the cheapness which makes me feel like its not quality or that it won't stay quality over time.
Can't agree more with this statement. Would never put that China stuff on my car, it's just much more worth it to spend more and get quality to begin with (Ex New, OEM, name brand stuff)

Cool build nonetheless. I don't know why I skipped this thread. Only thing I would have done differently is not have gotten that rep/crt/whatever spoiler on that back, it looks kind of cheap. That and the caliper stickers as well as the plastidipped parts need to go. Also, sell your used tracked coils and buy new V2's or 3's. Damper adjustment is important. Also, I would do something about the CF stickers/vinyl/sheet you put on the interior trim. Matte CF looks so fake.

Last edited by E90Company; 01-12-2013 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #87
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

But yeah i've seen you at least 3 times, but i dont always drive mine and i dont live in greenwich i just go to wick (im sure you just formed an opinion of me bc you probably go to GHS)
Yea I agree with some of the things your saying. The caliper decals i'll probably change this summer to "BMW Performance" instead of ///M but i'm definitely not just going to leave them blank... Especially with black paint just leaving them blank looks pretty boring in my opinion. Also they're not exactly stock... They are "performance brakes" - Hawk HPS pads, SS lines, ATE super blue fluid, and slotted rotors. The spoilers I sort of agree but the car didn't look aggressive enough before and both have helped make it look a lot more aggressive. In terms of wheels I might switch eventually but for now I love the SF-71's. I got an amazing deal on them also. They're not as common as CSL reps which is good.

For parts i'll sort of agree but like the wheels and suspension I got those at amazing prices and have no regrets. So far they have been quality parts and if anything goes wrong they're backed by a lifetime warranty. Haha even though I usually don't like brunswick kids I try not to form an opinion unless I actually know them so no opinion formed yet. hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Can't agree more with this statement. Would never put that China stuff on my car, it's just much more worth it to spend more and get quality to begin with (Ex New, OEM, name brand stuff)

Cool build nonetheless. I don't know why I skipped this thread. Only thing I would have done differently is not have gotten that rep/crt/whatever spoiler on that back, it looks kind of cheap. That and the caliper stickers as well as the plastidipped parts need to go. Also, sell your used tracked coils and buy new V2's or 3's. Damper adjustment is important. Also, I would do something about the CF stickers/vinyl/sheet you put on the interior trim. Matte CF looks so fake.
Thanks, I do like feedback and especially when people give their honest opinion. The only plastidip part staying for now is the rear bumper until I can get msport. It looks much better plastidipped than it did before. The grilles are being swapped for OEM bmw performance grilles this weekend though. Although there are times when I don't like the spoiler on the back it definitely made it look much more aggressive which is what I wanted to accomplish so thats staying until I can afford a CSL trunk or something like that.

Caliper decals I talked about above but they're staying, just maybe going to swap out the ///m part of them. The coils are amazing and I definitely don't want to spend extra on v3's. There are no v2's for xi so it was either V1 or V3 and i'm extremely happy. Every single person i've taken for a ride has been amazed at how comfortable they are yet they handle perfectly. The last is the cf trim... I wasn't really going for a real cf look, just something more sporty than the wood and it definitely accomplished what I wanted. With the M3 wheel it looks perfect imo and the cf wrap is probably what I get the most compliments on when people come in my car.

Anyways thanks again guys keep the feedback coming even if its positive or negative, I like hearing both sides
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #88
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Great progress. Only thing I don't like are the new wheels.