E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Stock DME wiring guide or diagram anyone?

12-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
2wheelsrbetter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: hot rod

Stock DME wiring guide or diagram anyone?

So after 5 months I just got my car back, and of course it runs like crap. After the living nightmare I've experienced I didn't expect anything less.

Long story very short, all my JB3 pin-out wiring was ripped apart when my motor was removed through the top of the car. I re-connected everything I could where I think it should be, but it's hard when you start from spagetti instead of one wire at a time during a normal instal.

Here's my problem, I'm getting a Boost Deactivation code, and the car feels like it's NA. There are a couple solid yellow wires in there. One of those controls the crank sensor, and the shop plugged one of the yellow wires back into one of the harnesses. They think. They're not sure if they did, nor which wire if they did, nor where.

I was also getting Vanos codes when I first got the car back. I swapped with other Vanos sensors and codes did not go away. I cleared codes and reset adaptations and drove. No longer getting Vanos codes, but I am babying the car - they might come back if I open it up.
Also getting Lambda code.

So I'm not sure if it's a DME wiring issue that's disabling the turbos or something else, and I want to eliminate the DME before handing it over to the dealer. Does anyone know if there are stock DME wiring diagrams anywhere? I searched but did not find.

Also I want to remove the JB3 entirely while diagnosing but have cl dp. How bad will the car run w/o any O2 sims? I just ordered a JB4 to instal once all this is sorted out, but not sure how I should run the car in the meantime.

07 e90 335i
13 mk6 GTI
13 f30 335i
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
2wheelsrbetter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: hot rod

ok so i found this from Terry, hopefully i can re-trace from this!
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3040

07 e90 335i
13 mk6 GTI
13 f30 335i
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

If you really want to dig into the factory wiring diagrams, you will need a WDS - Wiring Diagram Systems DVD. They can be found on ebay bundled with ETK, ETM, TIS, KSD, etc. It's a pain to get working right, needs SVGview (should be on the DVD already), and uses Internet Explorer browser and ActiveX controls.
      12-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Bentley manual
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Paper manuals are fine, but once you get into the interconnectibility of the factory WDS, it's huge time saver. You can click on the module number, relay designation, connector, etc, and it will take you to a physical location picture, wiring diagram of the connector itself, other inputs and outputs to other sensors / systems, etc. I run to the KSD, not the Bentley, for these modern cars with 50+lbs of wire in them.
      12-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 View Post
Paper manuals are fine, but once you get into the interconnectibility of the factory WDS, it's huge time saver. You can click on the module number, relay designation, connector, etc, and it will take you to a physical location picture, wiring diagram of the connector itself, other inputs and outputs to other sensors / systems, etc. I run to the KSD, not the Bentley, for these modern cars with 50+lbs of wire in them.
Agreed. I thought maybe Bentley would be helpful if you wanted to know what pin in the connectors handled what function.
Appreciate 0