E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > MMM335's Build/Daily

06-06-2017, 12:11 AM   #397
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
Too bad to you duct from the front kidney grills to the left and focus it on the turbo. Just more engine bay mess I guess.
      06-06-2017, 04:46 AM   #398
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

i can get a diesel duct, or even buy a duct and mod it plastic weld it
MHD Stage 2+ e60 OTS|VRSF V2 Catless DPs|VRSF 7 Inch FMIC|VRSF Charger Pipes|Turbosmart Supersonic BOV|K&N DCI's|VRSF OEM Silicone Inlets|BMS OCC|FUEL IT STAGE 2|07+ TCU Conversion|XHP Flashtool Stage 3 Race Map|1m Front Bumper|CSL Wing|Aero Rear Bumper|DTM U Shaped LED Angel Eyes with RGB Demon Eyes|M3 Cowl
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 06:03 AM   #399
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM335 View Post
i can get a diesel duct, or even buy a duct and mod it plastic weld it
Know much about plastic welding? I need to stick some extra bits to my new bumper.

Maybe a glue
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 06:27 AM   #400
101Duck
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i 6MT

I had a diesel duct and was super keen to use it, and then I lost it somewhere hahaha. But that'd be the go, shoot some nice cold air up near the turbo.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #401
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Know much about plastic welding? I need to stick some extra bits to my new bumper. Maybe a glue
Nah never tried it, sure ill manage after some strong use of my vocabulary

My body shop used a foam/spray applicator to do my PDC's and stuff on my 1m bar, looks like that shit firies use that foams/hardens.

Quote:
I had a diesel duct and was super keen to use it, and then I lost it somewhere hahaha. But that'd be the go, shoot some nice cold air up near the turbo.
Ya could always use that 3d printer, cut a stock one where it bolts on and reverse how it bolts back up. make a few im sure they'd sell, il buy one haha.. ive seen some useless shit for this platform sell... least ST guys will jump on it lol.

stock 335i one wears me looks like shit with that flexi bit.

diesel one looks way better but: PN: 13717791985
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-OEM-09-1...FZFuZK&vxp=mtr

could even mod this diesel boot/duct bit to fit straight on the turbo aswell direct cold air intake then.
MHD Stage 2+ e60 OTS|VRSF V2 Catless DPs|VRSF 7 Inch FMIC|VRSF Charger Pipes|Turbosmart Supersonic BOV|K&N DCI's|VRSF OEM Silicone Inlets|BMS OCC|FUEL IT STAGE 2|07+ TCU Conversion|XHP Flashtool Stage 3 Race Map|1m Front Bumper|CSL Wing|Aero Rear Bumper|DTM U Shaped LED Angel Eyes with RGB Demon Eyes|M3 Cowl

Last edited by MMM335; 06-06-2017 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 05:53 PM   #402
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
oh ps this is happening

Noice one!!!!

What exactly were you using ICOM for anyway?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 01:54 AM   #403
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Coding etc, get a few people bringing me cars and took interest.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #404
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

^ original TCU sent to Austria to RBT-Tuning happy to say my TCU was first in the world pre 06, and now houses technically the fastest e90 in the worlds original TCU.

^ Single turbo mock up, original file deleted for some reason (no updates yet)

^Decided whilst ive had it off the road i should sort out my waterpump and thermostat, glad i did, thermostat mounts were broken and pump looked abit worse for wear, also got all new hoses put on and had to rewire repin both thermostat and waterpump electrical connections...

^ re-pinned TMAP sensor, no need for burgermotorsports... just repin in reverse... saves $100

^ can see relocation here, ended up using original coolant res, diesel one was fouling on my chargerpipe.. not an easy fit this... modded lower coolant hose, chopped upper overflow hose, custom made bunnings brackets for now... they work the main thing, and to get the stupid sensor to fit i had to heat gun and re-mold the inner wheel well. (splash guard)
hardest mod to date this, was so annoying, everything conflicts with just about everything during install and re-route. I ran my sensor line across the front, running round the back typically would have been better as it would have pulled the sensor in towards the car holding it in place... should have taken Socket advise haha

^ New brake vac line made from hydraulic hose, original one was annoying me, so made this up

^ Engine bay as is now, new valve cover gasket, blasted intakes again when manifold was off, waterpump and thermostat done, oil filter housing cleaned up and gaskets done, new plugs.. sure ive missed heaps of other shit to... really went to town on all the maintenance and fixed up alot of issues that were annoying me with the bay, re-wired heaps of shit, and fixed alot of broken or worn parts including hoses, housings, clips, ordered bolts, nuts.. you name it. oh and diesel intake that im going with in idea of the ST. also ordering the m3 lower and upper cowl cable holders, will look heaps cleaner, that and i plan to relocate the washer hose when i pull out the wheel tmoz.
Also got a few things still coming in the mail.. new bonnet struts, got m4 grills in place, had to modify them to fit the 1M bumper, but got it down pat in the end, fixed so much stuff... not to mention i got my licence back...

Was thrown out within 5 mins of speaking to persecution... not that i had been trying to contact them for the last 3 months or anything 3 court appearances later... and a waste of tax payers dollars my licence is restored.. if only i could get compensation for the loss..

waiting on 101Duck to say my manifolds complete and ill be taking my car to his workshop to have the ST kit installed, going to have a few parts for sale over the next coming months to.. ill make a big post soon. Hope to have my car booked in have all my paint imperfections and bonnet done over the next week or two.

also trying to convince him to buy myself and him one of these, that way he wont miss his Fuel-it port injection i bought off him haha

Last edited by MMM335; 06-22-2017 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #405
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

also after weeks and weeks later finally somewhat getting this installed... ISPI NEXT, includes ista p, ista d, and all bmw related programming and coding tools at dealership level includes bmw's own diagnostics and programming tools for use with ICOM.. which is update-able.. on my own dedicated computer specifically for this purpose.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 03:24 PM   #406
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
It sounds like you've spent a lot of time on the thing and it shows. Well done mate !
      06-22-2017, 04:56 PM   #407
Brule
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92 6spd man

Looking forward to the single install
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 06:10 PM   #408
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus335iguy View Post
It sounds like you've spent a lot of time on the thing and it shows. Well done mate !
Thats an understatement the time i spent this time whilst it was off the road nearly sent me mad, i cant even put everything into words lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
Looking forward to the single install
Same
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #409
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

ps deleted vac canisters haven't noticed a difference as i believe there for atmospheric pressure in high altitudes where boost could differ.

car is hitting boost way quicker and harder now, keep having a low coolant warning, although level is fine, presume sensor.

neck for my washer bottle was stuffed, so ordering a new one, replaced the hood struts, cars going to panel shop over the next few weeks, and have to have my front bar repaired as i may have hit something lol... minor luckily, hood will be painted and having all my paint fixed and any minor dents, and paint imperfections fixed.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 11:49 AM   #410
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Builds been a little slow as ive found myself working on this project and other cars more then my own... if you all could like/share/refer the page that would be great
https://www.facebook.com/Bmdiag/

Car i done up ducks new workshop, in the end i got it going i think? and the showroom

a 1m owners mums car he bricked with NCS expert i went and fixed and resulted in full vehicle update

Another car done 320i... still fixing it for an elderly couple, replaced o2 sensors, oil sensors, now doing all gaskets along with full vehicle update etc.

Another car i done, full vechile update and coded launch control using 135is software.

New manifold thanks to duck, unsure what injectors and that ill run yet, cars going to body shop then up north to ducks workshop

got duck to gap these and whack em in for me

Interior i wasnt happy with the wrap so painted it with hammer tone and clear coat impressed with the results, also note shifter ///M and Mount and M5 idrive button

Also trying to get these to work... anyone know how?

Switch i made for fuel swapping 98 to e85 with a click as dropping the screw for the hobbs switch after fueling up sucks

decided id use the bmw performance ones

Finally got my once again defective looms for my demon eyes from bavgruppe, plugs are shit and i ripped out the dodgey shit... until i come up with a way i can run the cleanly without them shorting out

Continuing my expansion tank retrofit, want something clean looking and like being different haha

Bout time this car started giving back

Also car is going in to have paint and panel work done this week i hope ... then going to ducks to start his magic... as the car needs some downtime... that and cops are harassing me and it now requires full vehicle inspection and deemed unregistered in approx 18 days... C*NTS

Last edited by MMM335; 08-13-2017 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 04:39 AM   #411
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Switch is a great idea mate... subbed... looking forward to seeing how the build turns out, Shame the last pic is blurry lol. Hope you get the inspection thing sorted mate, totally suxs
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 05:56 AM   #412
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

switch will be ditched, temporary for TBI. Cheers man glad you got yours all done, looks the goods!!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 03:05 PM   #413
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Not much to update on at present been trying to iron out many various things that have been annoying me about the car before i start spending money futher on ST.

Upgraded to this aswell.. 50A:

Getting a few things prepped and anodized safe to say never polishing a turbo again lol:

Roof lining out ready to go anthracite, grey was annoying me of how dirty it looked:

New Index 12 injectors, and Delphi Coils, was running index 10's with a leaky cylinder 6... car runs so much better with the NGK plugs and this combo... wish i went the performance coils offered now

Been stuffing around with these stupid Demon eyes to, Bavgruppe wiring is unreliable... and starting to annoy me so much that i cant get them to work and function like they should. Cheap quality and connectors and devices are crap.

Also retrofitted an e70 coolant res, which in turn made me end up buying a 640 Gran coupe coolant tank and power steering res.

also bought the m3 cable duct as it was starting to annoy me having zip tied wires.

between all this, i still need to manage to buy injectors for manifold AIC6 controller, and thinking of buying the nbt unit as duck inquired about doing an install which made me want to aswell... not to mention car still hasnt been to panel shop or had any more work towards the ST... pretty much guna be broke for the next year lol
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 05:14 PM   #414
E85 335
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 E92 335i Coupe

Quote:
Not much to update on at present been trying to iron out many various things that have been annoying me about the car before i start spending money futher on ST.

Upgraded to this aswell.. 50A:

Getting a few things prepped and anodized safe to say never polishing a turbo again lol:

Roof lining out ready to go anthracite, grey was annoying me of how dirty it looked:

New Index 12 injectors, and Delphi Coils, was running index 10's with a leaky cylinder 6... car runs so much better with the NGK plugs and this combo... wish i went the performance coils offered now

Been stuffing around with these stupid Demon eyes to, Bavgruppe wiring is unreliable... and starting to annoy me so much that i cant get them to work and function like they should. Cheap quality and connectors and devices are crap.

Also retrofitted an e70 coolant res, which in turn made me end up buying a 640 Gran coupe coolant tank and power steering res.

also bought the m3 cable duct as it was starting to annoy me having zip tied wires.

between all this, i still need to manage to buy injectors for manifold AIC6 controller, and thinking of buying the nbt unit as duck inquired about doing an install which made me want to aswell... not to mention car still hasnt been to panel shop or had any more work towards the ST... pretty much guna be broke for the next year lol
I have a brand new aic6 controller that hasnt ever been used if your looking to buy one.
Aussie e92 335i. Pure Stage 2 Twin Turbos, Pure Performance Motorsport's Forge Conrods and Pistons, Fuel-it Port Injection, 7.5" Step-Up intercooler, Fuel-it Stage 3 LPFP upgraded fuel lines, Tial 50mm BOV, TFT RHD Inlets, MHD Custom Wedge E70 Map, Split Second PI controller, BMS OCC, PRP Coil Kit, AR Design 3" Catless DP, Remus Dual 2.5" system with 84mm quad tips, RB PCV valve, CSF Radiator
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 06:08 PM   #415
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

pmed
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #416
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Nice work mate. Lots of effort put in should make a huge difference
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 09:22 PM   #417
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket
Nice work mate. Lots of effort put in should make a huge difference
yeah reason being i get tired of re attending what ive previously done hence why i do it with such effort now saves re occurrence which is so easy to do

Last edited by MMM335; 09-01-2017 at 09:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 07:37 AM   #418
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Nice work its coming along great! The missus looks great in her CK's no wonder that pic is blurry haha

I'm keen to do the headliner, are you swapping it for a black m sport or retrim? Ive bought all the black pieces (visors airbag caps, a b c pillars, sunroof gasket/trim yadda yadda just need to organise for a trimmer to recover it all...
Appreciate 0