E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > same ol' long island

03-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
platelet
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray Metallic 135i

same ol' long island

my 68 year old dad gets yelled at "go back to your country!," by a middle aged woman and her 20 something year old daughter, at Roosevelt field mall. jeez, i went through this 20 years ago, i thought things would be different now. i guess some things never change. And it was his birthday no less!
      03-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

uhhh what did he do?

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
gtrokin330
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: TT

some lady at Americana called me a spoiled young brat with rich parents because i had a 330 and hesitated to let her walk across. I would expect better from the type of people that shop at americana.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
platelet
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray Metallic 135i

does it really matter what he did? but you're right, the story is vague. here it goes, he was waiting for this woman and her daughter to leave from their parking spot, and then some other guy pulls up behind him. the woman goes out of her way to tell my father that the other guy was there first (which he clearly wasn't). then she starts arguing with my dad, saying that she isnt going to leave her parking spot until my dad leaves, in order to give the spot to the other guy. my dad then says "look, i have all day." the woman goes to her daughter and says, "this asshole isnt going to leave." so the other guy moves along because its taking a while. the woman and her daughter just sit there in their car. a couple of minutes go by and they get fed up and leave. as they left, they started arguing about citizenship or some crap like that. my dad said, "im an american citizen too." the 20 something year old girl says, "at least i was born here, go back to your country(India)!" he probably will too, in fact 20 years from now, you'll probably see an exodus of NRI's (non-resident indians) going back to india. so she, and everyone else like her can rest easy in the future, at least until another immigrant group comes in and makes more money than her.
      03-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
TofuTurkey
Gobble gobbledygook
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi Coupe

Don't let your day / week / month / year / life be ruined by people like that. It's not worth it
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #6
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

um wow... i goto roosevelt field all the time since i live in LI. if that happen to me, id park behind them and not let them out all day.
      03-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by platelet View Post
my 68 year old dad gets yelled at "go back to your country!," by a middle aged woman and her 20 something year old daughter, at Roosevelt field mall. jeez, i went through this 20 years ago, i thought things would be different now. i guess some things never change. And it was his birthday no less!
Thats horrible, if i was in your situation and they were the opposite sex, they would have gotten a beat down by me.
      03-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
OEKlM
Lieutenant General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: N/A

Garage List
gotta love ignorant chodes....(sarcasm) but yeh dun let them get to ya bro.... i hope the rest of ur pops bday was ok though...=)
      03-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #9
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
this is what NY is about..sadly but true!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 08:38 AM   #10
Buegie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Thats horrible, if i was in your situation and they were the opposite sex, they would have gotten a beat down by me.
psshh...girls need to get smacked around too...i kid, i kid
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
jhilsinho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I 07

Don't worry about it dude, I am not indian, but I was reading some stats on the indian immigrants, and it is pretty impressive. Best educated immigrant group, highest income and the whole shet... Most likely they know that and that's why they cannot continue with their pathethic lives in peace... =)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #12
Raz335
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

Damn, stuff like that really pisses me off. Being south asian, I've delt with crap like this before. If it was me at Roosevelt Field, They'd be sorry they ever said anything.

Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Crbn Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat
Mods- 20" BBS LM's DBK/Challenge Catback/Eibachs/Trim wrapped black/Lux Angel eyes/35% Tint
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #13
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

I apologize for the entire human race. The behavior that was exhibited in the parking lot is an example of why there are conflicts all over the globe. Tolerance is a learned trait and unfortunately, there are too many uneducated in society today.

I think we need another cataclysmic event (a la the extinction of dinosaurs or 40 days/nights of rain) to wipe out all the dirges of society and start over. Alas, some good souls will perish with the lot, but that is a sacrifice that we need to make. Many innocent lives have been lost over the centuries and really nothing has changed.

Anyone remember The Day the Earth Stood Still ?

Conquering her fear, Helen does as Klaatu instructed. The robot carries her into the spaceship, then retrieves Klaatu's corpse and brings him back to the spaceship where, using equipment on board, Klaatu is miraculously brought back to life. Klaatu steps out of the spaceship and speaks to the assembled scientists. He tells them Earth's penchant for violence and first steps into space have drawn the attention of other spacefaring worlds. These worlds have created a race of robot enforcers like Gort, and given them absolute power to deal with any outbreak of violence. He warns that the people of Earth can either abandon warfare and peacefully join other spacefaring nations – or be destroyed. "The decision rests with you." He then enters the spaceship and departs.

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 11:21 PM   #14
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: something slowwwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
this is what NY is about..sadly but true!
MELTING POT

What can i say?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #15
cycler
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna

Quote:
does it really matter what he did? but you're right, the story is vague. here it goes, he was waiting for this woman and her daughter to leave from their parking spot, and then some other guy pulls up behind him. the woman goes out of her way to tell my father that the other guy was there first (which he clearly wasn't). then she starts arguing with my dad, saying that she isnt going to leave her parking spot until my dad leaves, in order to give the spot to the other guy. my dad then says "look, i have all day." the woman goes to her daughter and says, "this asshole isnt going to leave." so the other guy moves along because its taking a while. the woman and her daughter just sit there in their car. a couple of minutes go by and they get fed up and leave. as they left, they started arguing about citizenship or some crap like that. my dad said, "im an american citizen too." the 20 something year old girl says, "at least i was born here, go back to your country(India)!" he probably will too, in fact 20 years from now, you'll probably see an exodus of NRI's (non-resident indians) going back to india. so she, and everyone else like her can rest easy in the future, at least until another immigrant group comes in and makes more money than her.
Brother I know exacty where you are coming from on this one. My parents are from Russia. My mom has a succesful optical store in brooklyn, my dad has a succesful ophthalmic company beautiful house in brooklyn with a BMW and a harley in the garadge. Then there are these people that walk into my mothers store are constantly complaining about all these spoiled russians that live in Mill Basin, Manhattan Beach, Merrick NY and Brighton. The ones that complain are the ones that dont have a pot to piss in and yet blame my parents and their friends for their own misfortunes. Ill bet that those idiots ancestors that came to this county made more money than they do now. The 4,5,6 and 7th generation forgot whats it was like to actually succeed and have taken this country for grantid. These are the same piss ants that believe the government have to provide everything for them. Damn liberals. So my indian friend your parents arent the only ones that get shit thrown their way. My parents have been made fun of for their accents many many times and were also told go back to your F*&Kin country you russian. My mother responds back...."I like here better....I drive a nicer car and I have nicer clothing" with a smile on her face. that pisses them of evern more.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #16
cycler
Major General
Rep

Im also glad to see how much support platelet has received on this thread. Makes me believe that the human race isnt all filled with scum bags. This country was built on immigrants. Some worked harder than other...while others succeded more than others. But all in all as my man from My Big Fat Greek Wedding said "In the end we are all fruit". Ill bet that 20 year old is the great great great grand daughter of some hard working immigrant and she has lost sight of what and how this country was built. Its not the 20 years old fault for being that ignorant. It was the mothers fault. It all starts in the home on how you perceive others nationalities. Someone should have smacked the freakin MILF is she was a milf. LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #17
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Rep
Drives: carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
Brother I know exacty where you are coming from on this one. My parents are from Russia. My mom has a succesful optical store in brooklyn, my dad has a succesful ophthalmic company beautiful house in brooklyn with a BMW and a harley in the garadge. Then there are these people that walk into my mothers store are constantly complaining about all these spoiled russians that live in Mill Basin, Manhattan Beach, Merrick NY and Brighton. The ones that complain are the ones that dont have a pot to piss in and yet blame my parents and their friends for their own misfortunes. Ill bet that those idiots ancestors that came to this county made more money than they do now. The 4,5,6 and 7th generation forgot whats it was like to actually succeed and have taken this country for grantid. These are the same piss ants that believe the government have to provide everything for them. Damn liberals. So my indian friend your parents arent the only ones that get shit thrown their way. My parents have been made fun of for their accents many many times and were also told go back to your F*&Kin country you russian. My mother responds back...."I like here better....I drive a nicer car and I have nicer clothing" with a smile on her face. that pisses them of evern more.

+1 its usually the car service drivers and sales women @ International on Brighton that complain the most. Basically the ones at the bottom of the food chain.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #18
cycler
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpuntik View Post
+1 its usually the car service drivers and sales women @ International on Brighton that complain the most. Basically the ones at the bottom of the food chain.
Where are your parents from, Russia, Ukraine, etc etc?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #19
fizzle
is it the 5oclock free crack giveaway?
United_States
Rep
Drives: a motorized vee-hickle

yea shouldve gotten her license plate...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 09:15 PM   #20
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Rep
Drives: carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
Where are your parents from, Russia, Ukraine, etc etc?
I and my parents are from Moscow.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 09:47 PM   #21
shadye90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Fanatic

Garage List
Quote:
and you shoulda told her " jump back on the mayflower along with the rest of ur country robbing crackers.."...lol..j/k..white people are ok..sometimes.....anyways Happy Bday to ya pops...

1988 E30 M3
Diamantschwartz/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 09:47 PM   #22
capricessnj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i E90 SPORT MT6 Montego

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpuntik View Post
I and my parents are from Moscow.
ЖЖЁТЕ, ПАРНИ! Russia forever!

Now driving 2008 X6 35i Saphire Black with most options and started the modding process
2009 X6 50i Saphire Black with All Options (On Order)
Appreciate 0