E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Can anyone help me register my new Battery?

06-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #1
e36mmm
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Can anyone help me register my new Battery?

Hi guys, can anyone here help me register my new battery in my car by using a DME/BT tool as I don't have one? I am happy to pay for it if someone can come and help me tomorrow? I live in Victoria 3075. Your help would be greatly appreciated and I am desperate
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 10:28 AM   #2
iliketurtl3s
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Vtl is king
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 05:50 PM   #3
e36mmm
Major
Rep

Ok I will ask him. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:08 AM   #4
rooks335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Is the following concept correct when it comes to new batteries?

Registering a new battery is placing a 'reset' to the IBS so it knows that this new battery requires a new history/log?
MHD can do this currently I believe.

Programming a new battery is when you've purchased a new battery with a higher or lower Ah setting. The CAS needs to tell the IBS that the Ah rating has changed and requires the proper charging current/rate.
Tools to program NCSexpert
Default is 90Ah for the E90.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:21 AM   #5
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

e36mmm Howd you end up with the battery issues? Did it eventually start after charging it with the jumper pack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooks335 View Post
Is the following concept correct when it comes to new batteries?

Registering a new battery is placing a 'reset' to the IBS so it knows that this new battery requires a new history/log?
MHD can do this currently I believe.

Programming a new battery is when you've purchased a new battery with a higher or lower Ah setting. The CAS needs to tell the IBS that the Ah rating has changed and requires the proper charging current/rate.
Tools to program NCSexpert
Default is 90Ah for the E90.
Yes thats 100% correct.

I use INPA for battery reset. It also has the history of mileage where each battery reset occured. I have not tried MHD and verified the history in INPA yet.

NCSExpert for the battery coding. The VO must be changed according to the battery type fitted.

Have seen a couple cars with incorrectly coded batteries (that were done by reputable workshops). Unless you have the tools to check, theres no way you can be sure its done correctly.
      06-27-2016, 02:01 AM   #6
rooks335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
e36mmm Howd you end up with the battery issues? Did it eventually start after charging it with the jumper pack?

Yes thats 100% correct.

I use INPA for battery reset. It also has the history of mileage where each battery reset occured. I have not tried MHD and verified the history in INPA yet.

NCSExpert for the battery coding. The VO must be changed according to the battery type fitted.

Have seen a couple cars with incorrectly coded batteries (that were done by reputable workshops). Unless you have the tools to check, theres no way you can be sure its done correctly.
Thanks for the response VTL, yeah still new to the INPA/NCSExpert, the *.MAN/TRC files within the work folder and trying to get it working on a windows 7 64bit machine. I think I'm close-ish.
VTL can I ask what guide did you use to get yourself setup initially?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 03:36 AM   #7
e36mmm
Major
Rep

Hi Vtl, the jump starter had to get charged fully and did not make it in time for the tow truck so I got it towed this morning. Active said that they will charge the battery first, replace the alternator and will be collected by this Wednesday. I told them that you have registered the battery so once the new alternator is in, should be ready to go. Thank you so much for coming out and sparing your Sunday. I'll keep you posted.
Appreciate 0