Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > style 195. Factory fit or spare part only?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-25-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
Homerlovesbeer
Rep
Drives: Subaru Liberty 2.5

Exclamation style 195. Factory fit or spare part only?

Hello all,

This is my 1st post in this great forum. Ok, i've ordered a 325 here in Australia and wanted style 195 rims. I was told they wern't available on the E90 but now I find they are from this forum and have seen pics of peoples cars with these rims. So I called my dealer back and asked again about these rims, only to be told that they are only available through spare parts at a cost of around $3000aus a set not including tyres. I was told that they were not a factory fitted option, after I pointed out that for $2300aus I could upgrade from stock 158 to 162, so why can't I do the same for the 195 at a similar cost?

Is this true? Has anybody been able to place an order for their new car and get the 195 on the vehicle at delivery?

What has been the cost of optioning these wheels?

It seems, according to the dealers here in Australia. that I'll have to pay for the 195 through spare parts at a cost of around $5500-$6000aus including tyres and try and sell the stock rims to get some of my money back. This seems bloody rediculous to me when I can get the same size rims and tyres (162) for a cost of $2300 without the headache of selling the crappy 158's. :mad:

Any info VERY much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2005, 12:32 AM   #2
Homerlovesbeer
Rep
Drives: Subaru Liberty 2.5

Surely somebody knows the answer to this?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2005, 01:08 AM   #3
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

The factory only gets certain styles delivered to it

The other styles go to the parts warehouse in Dingolfing.

Style 195 definately is not available from the factory your car will be comming from.

Sometimes dealers here make a arrangement whereby you order a wheel that is in demand from their other customers and then you just pay the difference when they swap the wheels. Or they tell you who is looking for a specific factory availalble wheel and you make a deal with that person.

Im shure you could easily get a buyer for some style 162 wheels if you offer a reasonable price, even the dealer may buy them if you give them a bit of a discount compared to the parts departments price.
Appreciate 0