E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > PROGMAN 25.00.03 Released!

04-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #67
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman32 View Post
KSFrogman. Who is your service guy at Irvine? I am buying my car from there and will most likely go there for warantee service and these types of things.
Thanks
The service advisor's name was Darko. He was real easy to work with!
      04-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #68
BBMMWW
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

v25 update broke RTTI on my car.
The rest is working, idrive is working much faster now.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #69
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post
The service advisor's name was Darko. He was real easy to work with!
Hey Michael, did they tell you what will be done on to make the VR work again?
      04-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #70
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine View Post
Hey Michael, did they tell you what will be done on to make the VR work again?
He said he needed to start a PUMA case, but he also mentioned that 4 other people had the same problem.

He knows I know that the information he has is somewhat limited. We're all in the same boat with this problem, and I will just do without VR until BMW releases a fix.
      04-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #71
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M4 Convertible

My SA just called me and told me the update is done and I iwll be picking it up in an hour. I also confirmed with him that VR and RTTI works and he said he checked it out himself with the mechanic. At this point I don't know what version I got. Is there someway I can tell from the paperwork I should be getting? Maybe I'll just ask my SA but he didn't seem to know for sure earlier.

So if all's well, I'll post photos tonight!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #72
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidozoom View Post
My SA just called me and told me the update is done and I iwll be picking it up in an hour. I also confirmed with him that VR and RTTI works and he said he checked it out himself with the mechanic. At this point I don't know what version I got. Is there someway I can tell from the paperwork I should be getting? Maybe I'll just ask my SA but he didn't seem to know for sure earlier.

Hmmm ....
As SFLGATOR opined in the other thread related to this topic, it appears that the loss of VR is occuring only in E90s, and NOT in E92s. If ANYONE with an E90 has updated to 25.00.xx and RETAINED VR, let us know. I suspect that everyone with an E90 who has updated, regardless of version, has lost VR, and that so far, no one has gotten it back.
Mike
      04-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #73
cdp1276
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550 Mediterranean Blue

Garage List
2020 BMW M550  [0.00]
Quote:
My SA just called me and told me the update is done and I will be picking it up in an hour. I also confirmed with him that VR and RTTI works and he said he checked it out himself with the mechanic. At this point I don't know what version I got. Is there someway I can tell from the paperwork I should be getting? Maybe I'll just ask my SA but he didn't seem to know for sure earlier.
Yes, ask them to show you the target data #. Per SIB 61 03 05 the Progman 25.00.00 is Target data Status E89x-07-03-515. I was told on my paperwork I had v25.00.04 and it was E89X-07-03-516.

Be interesting to see what yours says. I would expect for the 4th release under this build for the # to be higher than only one increment from initial release.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #74
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 01 330ci; 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
Hmmm ....
As SFLGATOR opined in the other thread related to this topic, it appears that the loss of VR is occuring only in E90s, and NOT in E92s. If ANYONE with an E90 has updated to 25.00.xx and RETAINED VR, let us know. I suspect that everyone with an E90 who has updated, regardless of version, has lost VR, and that so far, no one has gotten it back.
Mike
From the many threads I have been following here and on other boards it doesn't appear the VR problem is across all e90s. The loss of VR is happening to iDrive owners of '06 models after v25 update. I havent heard of any loss of VR on 335s – both e90 and e92. The problem 335s have experienced is a loss of RTTI.

It makes more sense that a slightly different iDrive CCC was used in '07 when RTTI was added. These slight iDrive differences account for VR being broken on '06 models (only e90s produced in '06) and RTTI broken on '07 models (both e90 and e92s) when v25 is installed.

This is just an assumption based on reading many threads on this and other boards.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #75
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

If they just installed 25.04 ask if they did anything special to get RTTI working. Seems the problem being experienced with cars similar to yours are a loss of RTTI, not VR.

Some 335 owners have thought RTTI was working because they see a TI on the screen. But without the plus symbol you may find RTTI isnt actually working. Fooled my dealer and at least one person on these boards. Checking the traffic info screen for messages is the only way to see if you really have working RTTI. Dont believe the TI symbol.

Looking forward to your update.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #76
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1 View Post
From the many threads I have been following here and on other boards it doesn't appear the VR problem is across all e90s. The loss of VR is happening to iDrive owners of '06 models after v25 update. I havent heard of any loss of VR on 335s – both e90 and e92. The problem 335s have experienced is a loss of RTTI.

It makes more sense that a slightly different iDrive CCC was used in '07 when RTTI was added. These slight iDrive differences account for VR being broken on '06 models (only e90s produced in '06) and RTTI broken on '07 models (both e90 and e92s) when v25 is installed.

This is just an assumption based on reading many threads on this and other boards.
Sounds reasonable to me. Of course, my wife's car is an '06 e90 330i -- so we can pretty much kiss VR goodbye if we keep our appointment for the update next week. Very disappointing, because she uses VR a lot.
      04-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #77
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sounds reasonable to me. Of course, my wife's car is an '06 e90 330i -- so we can pretty much kiss VR goodbye if we keep our appointment for the update next week. Very disappointing, because she uses VR a lot.
If the only reason for the service appt is to get nav arrows then I'd wait for a couple weeks when a VR friendly update is out. If your wife is like me I would rather have VR than nav arrows.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #78
X5FX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i M Sport

Quote:
If the only reason for the service appt is to get nav arrows then I'd wait for a couple weeks when a VR friendly update is out. If your wife is like me I would rather have VR than nav arrows.
This update is NOT about the Nav arrows...it is about a faster interface and POI search. The POI search is missing in previous versions which was lame.
      04-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #79
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5FX View Post
This update is NOT about the Nav arrows...it is about a faster interface and POI search. The POI search is missing in previous versions which was lame.
Actually there are 11 issues solved with v25 and fixing nav arrows is a big part of it. So big the nav arrows has its own SIB. POI is a bonus for v25 but not a reportable problem to get v25 update (not on the list of 11 items). iDrive was never marketed with POI so they arent required to give you an update just because you thought the lack thereof was lame.

Some dealers wont do the update even for a slow iDrive (they are not required to do the update unless you can show your iDrive is extremely slow per a previous SIB). Most people need to show their dealer the nav arrows arent working or some other TSB approved problem.

In Kimos case, the post I was responding to, his wife has been living with the current system for some time so whats a couple extra weeks If I knew I would be loosing VR I would wait until a VR friendly release and only have to take my car in once for the update.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 05:56 PM   #80
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Actually, the service appt. is for a number of things --

First, an oil change is due.
Second, she needs the Progman update to address the emissions recall (SI B12 06 06)
Third, she has the notorious B-pillar ticking and needs the fixes addressed in SI B51 32 05 and SI B51 30 05.
Fourth, she needs her CD player software updated to play MP3s, i.e. the MP3 patch (SI B65 30 05)

As the dealer is over an hour away, I really want to minimize the number of trips.
      04-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #81
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Actually, the service appt. is for a number of things --

First, an oil change is due.
Second, she needs the Progman update to address the emissions recall (SI B12 06 06)
Third, she has the notorious B-pillar ticking and needs the fixes addressed in SI B51 32 05 and SI B51 30 05.
Fourth, she needs her CD player software updated to play MP3s, i.e. the MP3 patch (SI B65 30 05)

As the dealer is over an hour away, I really want to minimize the number of trips.
In that case I'd keep my fingers crossed that a VR friendly update is released before next week. Follow up with your dealer a day or two ahead of time & check these forums. If there is a planned VR fix or v25.05 release within the week then it may pay to wait. The oil change is important enough for the service visit and the emissions update will be included in v25 so she will loose VR. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #82
X5FX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i M Sport

Quote:
Actually there are 11 issues solved with v25 and fixing nav arrows is a big part of it. So big the nav arrows has its own SIB. POI is a bonus for v25 but not a reportable problem to get v25 update (not on the list of 11 items). iDrive was never marketed with POI so they arent required to give you an update just because you thought the lack thereof was lame.

Some dealers wont do the update even for a slow iDrive (they are not required to do the update unless you can show your iDrive is extremely slow per a previous SIB). Most people need to show their dealer the nav arrows arent working or some other TSB approved problem.

In Kimos case, the post I was responding to, his wife has been living with the current system for some time so whats a couple extra weeks If I knew I would be loosing VR I would wait until a VR friendly release and only have to take my car in once for the update.
I understand that, but my point is POI is the most needed of all these fixes and worth going in early for.. The Nav arrows can be called up on the assist screen, so the update isnt really required imo.
Again, IMO POI search was a major feature to be missing. I have a 8 year old Garmin that can search for POI, which is my most common way of searching on the Nav.

I agree waiting is not a bad idea...actually I am waiting. But I cant wait to get POI search function, the other adds are just a bonus for me.
      04-11-2007, 07:58 PM   #83
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If they just installed 25.04 ask if they did anything special to get RTTI working. Seems the problem being experienced with cars similar to yours are a loss of RTTI, not VR.

Some 335 owners have thought RTTI was working because they see a TI on the screen. But without the plus symbol you may find RTTI isnt actually working. Fooled my dealer and at least one person on these boards. Checking the traffic info screen for messages is the only way to see if you really have working RTTI. Dont believe the TI symbol.

Looking forward to your update.
So I got my car back and noticed the following:
1. VR works (Mine is a 335i sedan 9/06 production picked up on ED 11/1)
2. RTTI does not work. I see TI and no +. The Traffic Info screen either says "No messages" or is stuck at "Transferring data"
3. Here is the really weird thing. When I picked up the car, I saw the little exclamation mark on the display and idrive complaining about moonroof anti-trap function being deactivated. I picked up right at closing time so I couldn't go back in. I was mad coz I had particularly called my SA an hour before I went to pick up my car and had asked him to check everything and this must have been obvious. Anyway the sunroof was behaving weird - it would move only up and down (not front or back) and only in increments. Also when moved down it would go below the level of the roof!

Anyway I did some searching and found this: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...highlight=roof.

I did not have to do the whole procedure - i just had to hold onto the sunroof button like keep pressing it like I wanted it to tilt and after 20 seconds the system just reinitialized itself - sunroof opened fully and then closed. Now everything seems to work. I still have to try the pinch protection though (tomorrow morning).

One other cool thing I found was I can now cycle to AUX using my steering wheel buttons. I remember distinctly that I was not able to do that before.

My work order copy says:
"Performed bulletin 84-61-06 programmed, vech(ile) aborted first programming reprogrammed CA DSC KOMBI BO CCC-A AMP Calibrated DSC control module initialized steering angle sensor, cleared all fault memory."

How do I tell what version I got? of course I got the new graphics, POI search etc. and VR works for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 07:59 PM   #84
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
One other cool thing I found was I can now cycle to AUX using my steering wheel buttons. I remember distinctly that I was not able to do that before.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #85
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I understand that, but my point is POI is the most needed of all these fixes and worth going in early for...
The POI is better than no POI but don't get your hopes up that it is any better than your 8 year old garmin. I don't think it was implemented well. You still need to find the lowest level group before searching. In many cases you must guess at what group BMW has put your location before searching for it. And there are many ambiguous group names that locations can fall into. You can really tell POI was an afterthought and no user studies were done before creating the feature. BMW may understand its a poor implementation which is why they dont mention it in the bulletins or use it as a feature point in new iDrive marketing.
Quote:
2. RTTI does not work. I see TI and no +. The Traffic Info screen either says "No messages" or is stuck at "Transferring data"
Most dealers & owners see the TI and think its all working. Definitely report this as broken first thing in the morning. The more reports the faster we will see an update/fix. It sounds like you have 25.00.04 but there is no way of knowing without asking the dealer.
Quote:
I thought this may be broken. Before the v25 update my car would only cycle to AUX when something was plugged into AUX putting out a current. Otherwise the system seemed smart enough to skip AUX. Now it always cycles to AUX. I liked it the other way since I never use AUX - have the dealer installed iPod adapter.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #86
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The oil change is important enough for the service visit . . .
Thanks.

Fortunately, we did the post break-in oil change at 1200 miles, and then another at 7500 miles, so it is not critical that we get in immediately. We have settled on a 7500 mile interval for changes -- notwithstanding BMW's 15000 mile policy.

Oddly, however, her car is now 19 months old with 16000 miles on the clock, and the Service Interval Indicator (SII) is still indicating that she has 7000 miles to go before her "first" oil change. I know that BMW will change the oil after one year regardless of the mileage or SII, but the SII is definitely wrong in her car. I have heard that others have a similar issue. In any case, we don't want to wait too long, as we are now (according to our own schedule) about 1000 miles overdue for an oil change.

Mike
      04-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #87
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Thanks.

Fortunately, we did the post break-in oil change at 1200 miles, and then another at 7500 miles, so it is not critical that we get in immediately. We have settled on a 7500 mile interval for changes -- notwithstanding BMW's 15000 mile policy.

Oddly, however, her car is now 19 months old with 16000 miles on the clock, and the Service Interval Indicator (SII) is still indicating that she has 7000 miles to go before her "first" oil change. I know that BMW will change the oil after one year regardless of the mileage or SII, but the SII is definitely wrong in her car. I have heard that others have a similar issue. In any case, we don't want to wait too long, as we are now (according to our own schedule) about 1000 miles overdue for an oil change.

Mike

It's not wrong, as E90fleet indicated on another thread, the oil sensor on E90/E91/E92/E93 will also analyze oil condition as well. Since you changed your oil at 7500 miles, the oil is still relatively clean so the miles left to go is at a higher range. Mine is at 15K and I only have less then 1k left on my counter, since I never got an oil change yet, this is fairly accurate
      04-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #88
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine View Post
It's not wrong, as E90fleet indicated on another thread, the oil sensor on E90/E91/E92/E93 will also analyze oil condition as well. Since you changed your oil at 7500 miles, the oil is still relatively clean so the miles left to go is at a higher range. Mine is at 15K and I only have less then 1k left on my counter, since I never got an oil change yet, this is fairly accurate
Interesting. Makes sense, in that we have about 8500 miles since the last change, and about 7000 "to go" on the counter. Total - 15500 miles, which is pretty consistent with BMW's recommended interval. Thanks for the info.