E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Trade for Mustang?

11-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #45
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
Lol it's because I've always wanted an badass american muscle or truck to throw around lmaooo funny part is I'm persian and this sort of thing doesn't match but i can slide through cuz I look white. BUT HELL YEA BMW FTW!
honestly thats one of the biggest reasons i took the dive and bought the mustang after being a honda/acura guy from the day I started driving.

Figured a brute muscle car was something I wanted to experience some day. And with the way the government is screwing with what manufactures can offer (cafe standards etc... ) --- who knows how long the horse power wars will continue the way it has in the last few years. there was a pretty long dead zone between the 70's and 80's and even into the 90's due to all the regulations.

Heck the next generation mustang's base model is rumored to be a turbo 4cylinder...

I know what can happen first hand when once powerful beasts fall to the hands of regulation... here is a corvette my father and I 'restored' --- 81, last few years of the C3, and it was stripped of damn near all power beacuse the c4 was just around the corner and they just needed to limp the C3 through another year or two...

Definitely a head turner and a nice little cruiser... but slow as hell.

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 04:51 AM   #46
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

get the mustang and put the money you were going to mod the BMW with into the mustang. Newer car, cheaper to maintain, and will be nice with some mods
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #47
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
get the mustang and put the money you were going to mod the BMW with into the mustang. Newer car, cheaper to maintain, and will be nice with some mods
I test drove a Camaro SS (426 hp 6 man.) last week and it was awesome! It is definately old school. Dash is weird etc but it sounds amazing, is really fast and is about $10-$15,000 less than BMW. Never had a muscle car...might try it.
Like the Mustang it would be WAY cheaper to maintain too. Getting really tired of electrics (locks, lights etc.) doing whatever they feel like.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #48
amill411
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

mustang??

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #49
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
lol damn it now i want hookah.
Lol get one and put it on your car hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZhengHellaFlush View Post
im 1/4 persian. 1/2 chinese and 1/4 polish
How does that happen.......

Quote:
honestly thats one of the biggest reasons i took the dive and bought the mustang after being a honda/acura guy from the day I started driving.
Figured a brute muscle car was something I wanted to experience some day. And with the way the government is screwing with what manufactures can offer (cafe standards etc... ) --- who knows how long the horse power wars will continue the way it has in the last few years. there was a pretty long dead zone between the 70's and 80's and even into the 90's due to all the regulations.

Heck the next generation mustang's base model is rumored to be a turbo 4cylinder...

I know what can happen first hand when once powerful beasts fall to the hands of regulation... here is a corvette my father and I 'restored' --- 81, last few years of the C3, and it was stripped of damn near all power beacuse the c4 was just around the corner and they just needed to limp the C3 through another year or two...

Definitely a head turner and a nice little cruiser... but slow as hell.

It's a shame we're going back to 4 cylinders..especially for a mustang, they wouldn't even be worthy of being called muscle cars anymore. That vette looks sick who cares if its slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
True but too much of a hassel, I'd have to sell this car for around 16k and get the mustang and all together I'll miss that it isn't a BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
I test drove a Camaro SS (426 hp 6 man.) last week and it was awesome! It is definately old school. Dash is weird etc but it sounds amazing, is really fast and is about $10-$15,000 less than BMW. Never had a muscle car...might try it.
Like the Mustang it would be WAY cheaper to maintain too. Getting really tired of electrics (locks, lights etc.) doing whatever they feel like.
True, they feel a lot more raw if you get what I mean. I'll probably switch over for a while but not anytime soon, but if I do definitely going for the v8.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #50
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amill411 View Post
mustang??

thanks for your opinion
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #51
E92 M Sport
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82

I've had both. I loved the stang but it's not a BMW. I haven't driven a late model 5.0 or v6, so i cant tell you about speed or power. I can say the interiors suck ESP for a 55k car(gt500). I wouldn't expect the V6 to hold a candle to the BMW. I can also tell you that since 05 I think the mustang looks lousy. And the 15 redesign isn't doing much for me. I'm not knocking ford, I am a ford guy. In the end, it's about the driving experience. My stang was loud, obnoxious, and I couldnt hear myself think on the highway, let alone talk to a passenger. Granted, I caused some of that myself with exhaust, mods, etc.

The way I look at it, everything the mustang did, the 335 does it 10x better. It damn well should for twice the price!
      11-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #52
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
0-60 on the mustang is 5.1, on a 330 its 6 secs. But I'm like 80% going to stick with my current car right now, some of you bring up a good point. Thanks guys
Are you sure? C&D mag got 5.4 for the Mustang and 5.6 for the 330i - both with manual transmission. While I wouldn't give up the smooth Bimmer I6 for a Ford V6, it's your money and your choice.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take-road-test

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ression-page-1

Tom
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #53
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Are you sure? C&D mag got 5.4 for the Mustang and 5.6 for the 330i - both with manual transmission. While I wouldn't give up the smooth Bimmer I6 for a Ford V6, it's your money and your choice.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take-road-test

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ression-page-1

Tom
For the manual yes, but I have an automatic I think it's around 5.9 or 6 for the auto
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #54
E90_boostjunky
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I E90 SGM

Quote:
Lol at the end of the day youll have a ford. If your gonna get a mustang get a v8 dont get a v6 that my next door soccer mom drives on the weekend. When a girl see a guy driving a mustang she think oh cool car small penis/douchebag. when she see a guy driving a bmw. wow he got class. You pick. Im guessing your some kid still in HS.
and you arent?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #55
e92ben
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 BMW 635csi

Mustang v6???? Lmfao drive it off a cliff

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #56
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

No.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #57
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

mustang was the worst American muscle I drove. Go with the Camaro. I live my firebirds and I died inside the day they went under. Nothing like the rumble and feel of those v8s with exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #58
luckydawg003
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Get a 05-09 Mustang Gt. You will get a V8 and a better looking body style in my opinion. Plus more hp than the 11 v6.

I own a 08 Mustang Gt and a 07 328i. I like both cars, but one is luxury and the other is pure muscle.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #59
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
.. When a girl see a guy driving a mustang she think oh cool car small penis/douchebag. when she see a guy driving a bmw. wow he got class. You pick. Im guessing your some kid still in HS.
what the fuck kind of nonsense is that? you're guessing he's some kid still in HS. I'm guessing you're some kid that just left HS last year.

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 05:25 AM   #60
Thrakos
Audaces fortuna juvat
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black E90 328xi

I think you know what you want to do but posted it just for confirmation. My guess is that your gut is telling you to stick with the BMW, but the lure of driving a 'stang that is newer is appealing (never mind the fact that your BMW is almost 5 years older and you could to an even trade.. the vast majority of domestic vehicles do not keep their value, while lux cars tend to hold much better).
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #61
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep

Some constructive posts in this thread... but didn't expect this much snobbery too...

They're two totally different types of cars, for two totally different types of personalities.

The newer mustangs don't have the same cheap plasticy interiors. I lived with it for 2 years and always had compliments on how nice the interior was.. perhaps because people had lower expectations.

The car is fast, but that's about it... that feel the BMW has is simply not there... and just because they are both rear wheel drive and v6's does not make them comparable.

No need for the extreme hate... they've evolved into very competent and relatively more refined than they have been for decades. There is something to be said about the fact that a 5.0 can go toe to toe with an M3 around the track (not just straight line anymore) -- so I say give credit where credit is due.

I think its ridiculous to expect a level of luxury of a BMW in a car that shares most of its components with the base model which starts at roughly half the cost of a basic 335.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #62
alexukie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

if you want a v8 get a e39 m5.. my brother has it and beats camaros,gtos,mustangs like its notthing
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #63
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexukie View Post
if you want a v8 get a e39 m5.. my brother has it and beats camaros,gtos,mustangs like its notthing
I'd highly consider this as well... saw a few e39 M5's when i was throwing around the idea of getting rid of the Mustang.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #64
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
I'm not understanding what that has to do with anything, because all the I4 turbo is replacing is the V6, which makes perfect sense. Better economy and better torque curve, in a chassis that will be lighter than the current one.... Not like the V6 has some prestigious spot in the history of Mustangs. Replace it with a turbo four and NO ONE will care. Ever.

They've stated they're keeping the Coyote. Also, they've stated they're kicking around the idea of a TT Coyote.... Yeah I don't see the power disappearing any time soon. So, the fact that they're replacing the V6 with a turbo I4 is a good thing IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydawg003 View Post
Get a 05-09 Mustang Gt. You will get a V8 and a better looking body style in my opinion. Plus more hp than the 11 v6.

I own a 08 Mustang Gt and a 07 328i. I like both cars, but one is luxury and the other is pure muscle.
I thought the V6 now actually had a similar or higher peak HP number than the 3V GT? I could be wrong, but I know they're really close. It does well to illustrate how far the V6 has come recently. Of course the torque curve of the 3V will be much better though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMWeh View Post
the vast majority of domestic vehicles do not keep their value, while lux cars tend to hold much better.
Not according to KBB, etc... The Mustang GT is up there, leading its category in 2011 and 2012 according to Edmunds and KBB.... For KBB, I believe only the GT was named, but Edmunds lumped the V6 and V8 into the same category (Coupe, $25-35k) and it won the last two years...

So yeah, your misconception is common, but it's still a misconception.

For everyone saying the handling sucks, I have no idea what they're talking about. My 335 was in DIRE need of an LSD. The current GT (and I can only speak for one equipped with the Brembo package) is incredibly neutral and forgiving (and Pobst among others wholeheartedly agree with me), but if you try to tell anyone that who doesn't have experience driving one, they'll laugh. Once again, just because certain misconceptions are common doesn't change the fact that they're still misconceptions. The '13 GT has 420 usable HP, to include the areas where the 335 had me in one wheel drive mode. It handles very, very well. Can't hide the fact that it's got a SRA, but they did a great job of minimizing the compromise. Aaaaaaaaaand I lost only a WHOPPING 1.2 MPG (~6%) in daily driving conditions. Some of that is probably attributable to the fact I enjoy flogging the Mustang more than I did with the step-equipped 335.

Anyway OP I see you've decided to stick with the 330. I'd definitely agree this is the right decision considering your circumstances. I'm not a fan of V6 Mustangs but that's all about personal preference.

Last edited by ragingclue; 11-29-2012 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #65
calvinwu
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Garage List
1991 Nissan  [9.00]
2006 BMW E90 330i  [8.00]
In this topic, if is just a V6 mustang.....I will never ever think about it~

2006 Lamborghini Gallado / 1997 E36 328 coupe / 1991 Z32 300zxTT Stage XII
1996 Mustang Cobra Sold
1994 E31 850csi Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #66
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I'm not understanding what that has to do with anything, because all the I4 turbo is replacing is the V6, which makes perfect sense. Better economy and better torque curve, in a chassis that will be lighter than the current one.... Not like the V6 has some prestigious spot in the history of Mustangs. Replace it with a turbo four and NO ONE will care. Ever.

They've stated they're keeping the Coyote. Also, they've stated they're kicking around the idea of a TT Coyote.... Yeah I don't see the power disappearing any time soon. So, the fact that they're replacing the V6 with a turbo I4 is a good thing IMO.
You're correct they're only replacing the 6 with a 4cyl... but how much longer till they pull the plug on the v8 and decide to twin turbo up a v6 or something.

Anyways I hope you're right... I love the fact that manufacturers keep pushing the bar. I feel theres plenty of room for 4cyl/turbos, and Hybrids... just leave the sports car alone.
Appreciate 0