E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > BlueTooth Sound Quest

06-25-2015, 01:35 AM   #1
jyjimenez3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

BlueTooth Sound Quest

ok so by the title you guys can assume im already a audiophile. and was reading alot of the post about bluetooth some old and some new and could not really end up deciding what was superior. im will to spend up to 150$ for bluetooth quality sound. idc about mic or call quality. Just focused on the music.
Options are the Dension bluetooth unit or any recommended BT dongle. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 09:10 AM   #2
Tr1ppy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 330i M Sport

I only have in-built BT for calls in my car with CCC Pro Nav system so I was in the same boat as yourself.

After looking at fairly cheap options on eBay I went for the slightly pricier unit that is the Arcam MiniBlink.

Its a great little unit which is powered by USB (from the 12V socket) and connects to the aux-in input of the car.

Not really an audiophile but I do like my music and I would say its a worthwhile upgrade to the sound as its nice and clean and goes slightly louder (I guess due to the in-built DAC).
However I have the base stereo speakers (eurghh) and they seem to 'pop' and 'crackle' when bass notes are played too loud. Got round this (for now) by turning the bass down on my input device, a sony xperia smartphone, but I will need proper speakers and amplification to go with the miniblink.

HTH
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 09:20 AM   #3
jyjimenez3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ppy View Post
I only have in-built BT for calls in my car with CCC Pro Nav system so I was in the same boat as yourself.

After looking at fairly cheap options on eBay I went for the slightly pricier unit that is the Arcam MiniBlink.

Its a great little unit which is powered by USB (from the 12V socket) and connects to the aux-in input of the car.

Not really an audiophile but I do like my music and I would say its a worthwhile upgrade to the sound as its nice and clean and goes slightly louder (I guess due to the in-built DAC).
However I have the base stereo speakers (eurghh) and they seem to 'pop' and 'crackle' when bass notes are played too loud. Got round this (for now) by turning the bass down on my input device, a sony xperia smartphone, but I will need proper speakers and amplification to go with the miniblink.

HTH
hey man thanks for your input. i was actually thinking of getting the miniblink.and will definitely consider it as an option. and what do you mean by proper speakers and amplification?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #4
Tr1ppy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyjimenez3 View Post
hey man thanks for your input. i was actually thinking of getting the miniblink.and will definitely consider it as an option. and what do you mean by proper speakers and amplification?
No probs mate. Let us know what you go for and how you find it

Well the stock speakers that I have are terrible, harsh mids and highs, bass that doesnt go low enough or hit hard enough, and distortion across the board when I turn it up.

So I'm on the hunt for a decent upgrade, I dont want anything major like a sub in the boot lol! I have the E93 so I just need to upgrade the 6.5in subs under the seats to 8in, change the 4 mid drivers, and possibly add tweeters to the door posts. And then a decent mid-range amp to power them all.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #5
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Trippy For stereo help in the UK

This guy

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704363

http://www.monsteraudiodesign.co.uk/

http://www.monsteraudiodesign.co.uk/...one-120-4-dsp/

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post16679904

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822366

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...1#post16679904

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1411521234

No Sq with bluetooth especialy through the BMW aux see entry
80 in the this next thread.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1002984

Last edited by ctuna; 06-25-2015 at 11:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 01:38 PM   #6
jyjimenez3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I'm not very wire splicing savy to be able to do that. That's why I'm go through the plug and play Bluetooth path. Thanks for the input Though maybe this method your listing would be better in the long run ?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 03:45 PM   #7
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ppy

HTH
can the miniblink fit in the pouch underneath the console that holds an ipod?
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 04:49 AM   #8
Tr1ppy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hey thanks a lot for the links mate! I'll have a read through and see what options are available.

I hope not to hijack the thread lol with my audio/speakers requests so I'll start a new one.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 04:53 AM   #9
Tr1ppy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgatti View Post
I'm not sure as I keep the miniblink in the centre armrest compartment as thats where my AUX connection is, as well as another 12V socket (I dont have the factory USB audio connection) to power it.

I'll try it tonight tho and let you guys know.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 07:49 AM   #10
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ppy
Quote:
I'm not sure as I keep the miniblink in the centre armrest compartment as thats where my AUX connection is, as well as another 12V socket (I dont have the factory USB audio connection) to power it.

I'll try it tonight tho and let you guys know.
I was asking about the leather pouch underneath the center armrest.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 05:27 AM   #11
Tr1ppy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I was asking about the leather pouch underneath the center armrest.
Ah okay, my apologies.
Well it doesnt fit in the front one (ahead of the gear stick) anyway, but I just keep it in the drink/cup holder in the center armrest.
Appreciate 0