E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Does anyone have the Umnitza P90 FX-R retrofit Headlights?

04-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #375
demented328
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Part time e90

Fx-r 3.0!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #376
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i E90 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post
For being a BMW forum you would expect something with a little more quality. I'm amazed people actually went for this. I'm a huge HID and retrofit finatic. I was so obsessed with having the best cut off and sharpest output with color I had the lights on my STi re-done after I got tired of the TSX output.

The lights that are shown in the previous pages are horrid. The cutoff is sloppy and for $770.00 I'm sorry to say that you got ripped off.

Below are pictures of my old car, with a RX330 TSX-R Clear Lens, custom JVX Shields, and the new 5000K CBI that put off 3200 lumens. They were done by the one and only Caesar at Lightwerkz. Lightwerkz.net will be the only company that touches my headlights.

I'm hoping to work something out with Caesar on a FX-R 3.0 Retrofit for the E92. If anything a clear lens swap from the OEM Projector which is night and day. Here is a link of his latest work with an E90.

http://www.lightwerkz.net/news/2012/...eye-black-out/
Yeah that's how it should be! That looks amazing! Reminds me of how my TSX retrofits from Custom Lightz looked on my Accord.

I talked with Lightwerkz about doing my headlights, but they were more expensive, and I wouldn't have got such nice halos. I'm still decently happy with how my FX-Rs from Umnitza look. They're not horrible, but they're not great either. I'm extremely happy with the halos and the LED turn signals and overall appearance, but the light output could be better.

I hear the RX330 is the way to go for sure!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #377
demented328
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thought I had my retro done but the chrome rubbed off and had some alignment issues. Had no choice to blackout the housings. Not sure if I like the black shroud. I was thinking silver, gunmetal or alpine white.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #378
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by demented328 View Post
Thought I had my retro done but the chrome rubbed off and had some alignment issues. Had no choice to blackout the housings. Not sure if I like the black shroud. I was thinking silver, gunmetal or alpine white.
Way to go on the retrofit. You should offer this service to others as Umnitza has worse quality than a third world back yard garage.

Alpine white or silver would look great with your clear corners. Did you leave the AE's as is?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #379
demented328
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Hi.Red.Devil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
Way to go on the retrofit. You should offer this service to others as Umnitza has worse quality than a third world back yard garage.

Alpine white or silver would look great with your clear corners. Did you leave the AE's as is?
Not lying about quality, I got the retrofit, multicolor LEDs, blacked out, the projector cut off is so sloppy and I wish the bulbs gave more brightness to the road. But here's me, can change whenever I want.
Well we all know Depo isnt qualty. Did you get the fx-rs from TRS?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #380
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Quote:
No, Umnitza since they're local.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 02:01 AM   #381
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Did you do a step by step on how you retrofitted? I'd like to see installed pics with your cut off. Also, are those stock euro halogens you converted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Hi.Red.Devil View Post
No, Umnitza since they're local.
Umnitza use a discontinued lesser quality fxr projector. I would return them if they aren't as advertised. I have LCI euro xenons on their way. Should be here any day. With approx 1G I have LCI xenons. I could throw an HID angel eye kit or some lux and trust me, I am sure I will sleep a lot better knowing I didn't give money to umnitza.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #382
demented328
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I did take some pics of the install. I'll post more and the cutoff when done. Kinda taking my time as its just a side project when Im bored. The headlights are Depo. I got them because of the led angel eyes, clear corner, projector(which we all now know sucks) and price. First choice was def Euro xenon but didn't want to break that much bread. So now I'm just working with what I got.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #383
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I did take some pics of the install. I'll post more and the cutoff when done. Kinda taking my time as its just a side project when Im bored. The headlights are Depo. I got them because of the led angel eyes, clear corner, projector(which we all now know sucks) and price. First choice was def Euro xenon but didn't want to break that much bread. So now I'm just working with what I got.
I'm sure with your projector upgrade you will be in good shape. I can't really tell the difference from those depo's to stock euro xenons.

Why not upgrade to umnitza rings? That is the only product that for some reason wasn't hit with the defective stick when going through their hands.

As long as those babies are sealed air tight you will have some crazy headlights.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 02:37 AM   #384
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post
For being a BMW forum you would expect something with a little more quality. I'm amazed people actually went for this. I'm a huge HID and retrofit finatic. I was so obsessed with having the best cut off and sharpest output with color I had the lights on my STi re-done after I got tired of the TSX output.

The lights that are shown in the previous pages are horrid. The cutoff is sloppy and for $770.00 I'm sorry to say that you got ripped off.

Below are pictures of my old car, with a RX330 TSX-R Clear Lens, custom JVX Shields, and the new 5000K CBI that put off 3200 lumens. They were done by the one and only Caesar at Lightwerkz. Lightwerkz.net will be the only company that touches my headlights.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/s...0/IMG_4022.jpg
http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/s...i/IMG_4571.jpg
http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/s...i/IMG_4583.jpg
http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/s...i/IMG_4310.jpg

I'm hoping to work something out with Caesar on a FX-R 3.0 Retrofit for the E92. If anything a clear lens swap from the OEM Projector which is night and day. Here is a link of his latest work with an E90.

http://www.lightwerkz.net/news/2012/...eye-black-out/
Damn, those pics make me miss my FX clear lens retro on my Accord. Output was way better than the crappy OEM BMW projectors, and they had super sharp, super colorful cutoffs too.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #385
Rayt
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

Hello All, I'm a new to this forum and I've recently became an owner of an 07 328xi. The first thing I did was order the the Projector90 headlights with FX-R retrofit from Umnitza. I have an early 07 (pre March) production date. Would my model year be prone to the same errors as the 06 models requiring me to purchase a coding cable and code for option VO $522? This is really the only thing I wanted to add to the car since my last vehicle had adaptive xenons and I've been spoiled.

I think I was sent the wrong wiring harness. These have female 9006 connectors. Don't know here those go since there aren't any 9006 males on the factory wiring harness. Thoughts anyone?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #386
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

If you bought from UMNITZA good luck. They most likely shipped you whatever they had. You will have error codes and fogging. The shop they have is worse than a shop in a THIRD WORLD NATION. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #387
328B
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | E92 M3 | E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
If you bought from UMNITZA good luck. They most likely shipped you whatever they had. You will have error codes and fogging. The shop they have is worse than a shop in a THIRD WORLD NATION. Good luck.
+111111111111111111111

Umnitza = GARBAGE, BROKEN PARTS, MISSING PARTS, SENDING WRONG PARTS, ITEMS NOT AS DESCRIBED, AND MATT THE OWNER IS A STORY TELLER!!!

I bought the DEPO full loaded with every option Umnitza offered and it was absolutely crap!

Dont buy from Umnitza you will just waste your money and end results will be nothing but a waste of time and money.

Go OEM, or contact lightwerkz to see what they have to offer. Retro or OEM
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #388
328B
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | E92 M3 | E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayt View Post
Hello All, I'm a new to this forum and I've recently became an owner of an 07 328xi. The first thing I did was order the the Projector90 headlights with FX-R retrofit from Umnitza. I have an early 07 (pre March) production date. Would my model year be prone to the same errors as the 06 models requiring me to purchase a coding cable and code for option VO $522? This is really the only thing I wanted to add to the car since my last vehicle had adaptive xenons and I've been spoiled.

I think I was sent the wrong wiring harness. These have female 9006 connectors. Don't know here those go since there aren't any 9006 males on the factory wiring harness. Thoughts anyone?
NO!!!!!!!!!

Save your money buy OEM!!

Umnitza is garabage!!

I bought my depo with FX-R they projector pointed to the moon, and I could not even adjust them because it didn't even work. When I was my car they fogged up, blinkers smelled like it was going to catch fire!!

Dont buy from UMNITZA!!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #389
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevendous03 View Post
I got rid of my "car on lift" error by coding the VO for Xenon.

Here's the instructions I wrote to Milly (this assumes you already know how to run the coding programs and know a little bit about the coding process)...

I would create a video tutorial, but I don't want to have to start all over with my coding, especially considering it's 30 degrees outside haha and starting over with my old VO would then take me a couple hours out in the cold to re-code everything I have done.

Here's what you want to do:

1. Install the headlights and enjoy the xenon.
2. Adjust the aim of your headlights using the adjustment arms that require a Philips screwdriver.
3. Connect the coding cable normally, and open NCSExpert with your profile as normal.
4. After you click CAS module in the beginning, you'll get to the screen where you see the Chassis, the FG (VIN), the FA string with all the $ signs and hash marks and numbers, and the "Get Coded" at the bottom with every module listed.
5. Click Process ECU and select CAS from the submodules.
6. Click Read ECU.
7. Once it is read, open your TRC file in notepad, clear it out blank, and save it as your MAN file.
8. Do the coapiRead and SG_CODIEREN stuff like normal. This will set the CAS submodule back to stock.
9. Click the F1 button which will allow you to change the ECU.
10. Select your chassis again (if it makes you do that) then select NFRM from the submodule listing.
11. Repeat steps 6-8 to set the NFRM submodule back to stock.
12. Back out with the F6 button Zur/Back, and you should see the window I talked about in step 4.
13. Press F1 VIN/ZCS/FA
14. Press F2 Enter FA
15. Choose the chassis E89
16. The VIN should auto-fill in the field... make sure Calculate checksum is NOT CHECKED and click OK.
17. Type $522 in the Attribute field and click "Add"
18. Scroll down the list to make sure it was added.
19. Click OK
20. Press F6 Back
21. Press F4 Process ECU and select CAS submodule.
22. Press F2 Change Job and select FA_WRITE
23. Execute Job
24. Once job has ended, press F2 Change Job and select SG_CODIEREN and Execute Job.
25. Once job has ended, you should be able to select F1 to change the ECU and select NFRM.
25. Repeat steps 13-20.
26. Press F4 Process ECU and select NFRM submodule.
27. Repeat steps 22-24.

That should change the VO for you and give you the proper codes when you go back in and Read the NFRM from the new VO.

After you have done your normal read of the NFRM ECU submodule. Open your TRC, save it as MAN like normal, and do this:

Search for the self leveling line of code AUTO_LWR_ENABLE and change to nicht_aktiv

To enable inner halogen light as high beam and essentially reactivate the bixenon...

Search for
PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_02
wert_03

Change it to
PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_01
wert_01

Coding for xenon is complete. You can now go back and add all your cool features again and disable all the bulb checks, etc.

I didn't go into complete detail, considering a lot of these steps are outlined in the Change the VO PDF (ftp://94.212.182.18/Other-Software/N..._Order_CAS.pdf), but that PDF file doesn't outline everything you have to do... it misses some steps. Be patient when you load that PDF, because it's so big that sometimes it crashes first, and you have to reopen that web page to download it.

Did you adjust with the adjustment arm? I'm surprised the AE would jump out, because it's not even a part of the projector assembly. That's strange!! I've adjusted my headlights a lot on each side, and nothing has happened to my AEs... they're still all connected. Then again, I have the FX-R retrofit, so obviously my setup is a little different.

I hope this never happens to me (knock on wood) cause I had to pay $450 to get my headlights installed.
I have coded many lights and these DEPO lights are the worst I have seen as far as coding.. I did exactly what was written to code and for the life of me I could not get them to work...I will not code another pair of DEPO lights...Simply not worth my time and effort. The steps you outlined were done and they still would not function...I agree save your money because I spent two hours trying to code these in and basically wasted my time...These lights suck...Anyone in the future that asks me to help them code them in to work, I will not answer the phone! lol

Last edited by cn555ic; 03-04-2013 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #390
mikedevi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Umnitza equals to garbage, never, ever, ever buy from these shady jokers. I made the huge mistake of buying from them. It was by far the worst decision, they sent me lights that looked like crap with zip ties holding parts together. Fing joke of a company and product. My car looks like a cross eyed joke with the beam pattern and the adjustment knobs are completely broken
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #391
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedevi View Post
Umnitza equals to garbage, never, ever, ever buy from these shady jokers. I made the huge mistake of buying from them. It was by far the worst decision, they sent me lights that looked like crap with zip ties holding parts together. Fing joke of a company and product. My car looks like a cross eyed joke with the beam pattern and the adjustment knobs are completely broken
That sucks. Ive ordered standard parts from them and they came just as described. Hopefully they can figure out the custom part and improve their offerings