E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Vista BMW Dealership: THEY WRECKED MY CAR!

11-18-2007, 07:11 AM   #1
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Angry Vista BMW Dealership: THEY WRECKED MY CAR!

Well I come to this seeing as I get questions about why the RIP on the E90 that I had modded a little, and decided to come clean on the matter.

Vista BMW of Pompano Beach wrecked my car. I am not sure if it was totalled yet, but the damage was pretty bad. I will link my photobucket below and you can see the site of where the accident occured. Basically, I took my car in for fuel pump issues a second time to try and see if they'd repace it for me, signed the papers and got in my friend's car and headed off to school. Called my SA around 3pm when I was supposed to pick up the car and the guy sounded really upset and he was just reall quiet and then he said "I have to tell you the bad news, and I'm sorry. The service techs who drove your car to diagnose your fuel pump issue wecked your car." So I asked him what he heard and tried to remain calm, and he said that the service techs said a truck cut them off on Federal Highway and thy slid into a palm tree. He said the damage isn't bad from what the techs told him and proceded to apologize. So I went on down there to see the situation and how bad the damage was.

WOW....the damage was not tiny at all. If I can figure out how to get the pics of m car off of my cell phone I will. But I will link the pics of the accident scene after everything was towed away. Basically, I had a cantelope sized dent in the rear bumper on the passenger side and it was torn off the passenger side of the car. Also some golf ball to soft ball sized dents near the fuel door. The driver's side rear door was completely smashed in and the glass was shattered. Basically, imagine a stock E90 door in the very center just beneath the window, pushed in about 1 foot into my car and all dented. The driver's door also had some smaller dents, as did the rear quarter panel on the driver's side. The driver's sideskirt was bent in a U-shape underneath the car. The driver's side rear wheel was bent so as the top part of the rim was sticking out towards the road and the lower part of the rim was pointing into the axle. Needless to say, the rim was scratched up and chipped up badly. The impact was so great that the sideskirt on the passenger side popped out of socket near the engine, which, in my oppinion, that force had to travel through the frame of the car.

So I had a week long battle with Vista of Pompano over who's insurance company would cover the car. In the end, Vista had to cover it. Then, the next week, they kept juggling between 3 different insurance companies on making claims to all of them, and eventually all of them said it was Vista's problem to deal with, but one company did say they would cover the cost of the car. All along, everyone apologized and alluded to me getting a new car at Vista's expense. Then the story changed day-by-day from "nope, we will only give you trade-in value for your car" to "oh we will swap you and even trade at our cost". Guess what happened? I had to take trade in value on a car I had ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTIONS OF TRADING IN!!!! Not only that, the tradein value is approx 38, but theytook off 8thou because the car was wrecked! And who wrecked it? THEY DID!!! So I had to take the $30k and run with it and jump into an E92 with some financial help from my parents(God bless them). The only thing they did right by me on this was give me dealer cost for the coupe I purchased. Now I am stuck waiting for the 8k they are trying to milk out of their insurance company!!

The cost of the damages done to my car was estmated by 2 body shops. One claimed $11,500. The other said it would be in excess of $15,500 and refused to work on it. The 11.5k quote came from their body shop out in Coconut Creek.

So what really happened at the accident? Apparantly, a "phanom vehicle"(left lane), as stated in the police report, cut of the techs driving my car(middle lane). The tech driving swerved and jammed the brakes and spun out of control, plowed a palm tree, took out a light pole, and plowed the palm tree behind the light pole. The phantom vehicle was never identified or found.

I am linking to my photobucket where you can see some pics of whee the accident occured. The orange cone is where the light pole USED to be befoe it was thrown into federal highway.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/rideelement247/
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2007, 07:57 AM   #2
spesrf25
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5d X-Line

Sounds like they are ripping you off by giving you $8k less than trade-in, but I'm no lawyer. Good luck getting that issue fixed. :sad0147:

BMW X5d (Ordered)
2007 335i Coupe (sold)

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

yea man get a lawyer and fast
      11-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

It is too expensive. If Help Me Howard in my area is willing to take the case then fine. But legally, they are only responsible for repairing my car.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

bro how many places u guna post this?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

just incase no one reads local...or someone moves, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

And I hope the word spreads as well...
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #8
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
It is too expensive. If Help Me Howard in my area is willing to take the case then fine. But legally, they are only responsible for repairing my car.
Go talk to the local news media and tell them you have a story.

Better yet, park your car across from the dealership and pull a banner that says Vista BMW wrecked my car and ripped me off. Buyers Beware"
      11-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #9
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
You better get to fighting tooth and nail. If not your just taking it up the ass.

Don't listen to a thing they claim. They were driving the car during the accident. Their responsible for replacing/fixing/buying a car of the value BEFORE the accident. They know that, their just hoping your dumb enough not to fight. Which as of now you are.

Now get your ass back to that dealership and get your fucking money back. AND go to the news as well.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0