E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 328/335 SOP's (production schedule) including xi models

Closed Thread

04-24-2006, 04:50 PM   #89
xxpaintmepunkxx
Captain
Cuba
Rep
Drives: '06 Jet Black Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90
Yes, I did make that mistake AND I apologized for it.
I didn't call any one person out at all. Plus, that thread was getting personal with those who's opinion were wrong and I had said not to be harsh to those who merely gave their opinion.

I looked up the info I was given and then apologized for my error and comments.
Thanks for bringing it up as if it has any merit here.
Unless of course you're suggesting that others apologize when/if they get it wrong?

Thanks for your support.
My point was that you're apparently a skeptic, so you're position doesn't surprise me.

I also wanted to make it clear that you've been wrong before, even after official info has been released, whereas the info Greg has provided far in advance of official word from BMW has been correct so far.

Thus... most people would tend to believe him about this topic.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 04:52 PM   #90
greginaz1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3

Quote:
I'm sorry if you make yourself look like a fool.

You come here and claim to have insider info. and you obviously don't as now you are backing down and saying "nothing is set in stone". Well, then say that in the beginning you ass, and save the trouble of having to through multiple posts just so you can finally say that you really don't know. THAT was the whole point.
I was asking for clarity, FROM YOU even, and you decided to go personal.
Again, I am not an insider but know a BMW insider and that is where this info comes from, choose to believe what you want...if you can comprehend it..which I doubt.

As for not set in stone...the official order date for the 335 sedan is not set in stone...the production dates are as far as I know from my BMWNA contact.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 04:53 PM   #91
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
I do not understand why you guys are angry about this. rpm90, you have greginaz1's position correct in your last post, no 335 delivery until late Oct. I think his order date might be later than your June date. Everyone is just trying to provide the best info they can get with good intentions. No one is trying to mislead or distort information. There are no claims of absolute authority. Just trying to do our best to help each other out.
I'm not angry. How could I be, this is a web forum.
I am disappointed that Greg presented himself as someone who has insider info. and then couldn't answer my questions and then gets pissy bitchy and personal. Finally, now that you've posted he takes a way out and says nothing is set in stone.

That's what I wanted. Either give me real answers if you claim to know something we don't or be exposed for BS.
And, since it was pointed out, I have made comments that I regretted and apologized for. I didn't turn at the person who pointed it out and make angry derogatroy comments to try and point the finger elsewhere.

So, in the end, this has been a BIG waste of time thinking there was some real info here. Great.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 04:53 PM   #92
greginaz1
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpaintmepunkxx
My point was that you're apparently a skeptic, so you're position doesn't surprise me.

I also wanted to make it clear that you've been wrong before, even after official info has been released, whereas the info Greg has provided far in advance of official word from BMW has been correct so far.

Thanks, this guy talks in circles...everybody else has appeared to understand what I have posted...I'm not a fiction writer just a dang reporter!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 04:55 PM   #93
greginaz1
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I'm not angry. How could I be, this is a web forum.
I am disappointed that Greg presented himself as someone who has insider info. and then couldn't answer my questions and then gets pissy bitchy and personal. Finally, now that you've posted he takes a way out and says nothing is set in stone.

That's what I wanted. Either give me real answers if you claim to know something we don't or be exposed for BS.
And, since it was pointed out, I have made comments that I regretted and apologized for. I didn't turn at the person who pointed it out and make angry derogatroy comments to try and point the finger elsewhere.

So, in the end, this has been a BIG waste of time thinking there was some real info here. Great.
For the record I am not taking any 'out'...nor has anybody offered me one...I have told you what I know and nothing more because I don't make crap up.

PS, what questions of yours have I not answered? I have no problem saying I don't know...half the time I couldn't even understand what you were trying to ask.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 04:57 PM   #94
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: F80 YMB

Guys, the bunch of us may be the most fanatically interested in getting E90 335s people on the planet. We are brothers of the highest calling. It would be one thing if there were only one E90 335 available for the US market, then I could see a little hostility. But we are in this together, hoping and praying for our arrival dates. Peace and happiness and bi-turbos...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 05:01 PM   #95
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpaintmepunkxx

No one, including you has been wrong before?

I've been wrong many times not just once before.
So, in your mind that means I can't pose any questions of skepticism? Or, I shouldn't ask for further information?
I don't play it that way.
I'm straight up and call it like it is.

In terms of who is right in this case, I didn't set out to be right.
I gave him the info. given to me by my dealer and what I know.

**Edited to try and stop the madness and not add more trouble.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #96
greginaz1
Captain
Rep

Well, onto more info for those of you who can understand it...here is my response back to the question asking about normal BMW production cycles which end in August and begin in September.

This process hasn’t varied in the 15 years I’ve been selling them. Its all part and parcel of the mystique, blah blah blah

As for the definition of the term “normal” – in the automotive world everything is normal, even the weird stuff. Below is the schedule for the ’06 model year 3 series production. You’ll see the sedans end in August. MY ’07 sedans start in Sept.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 05:12 PM   #97
greginaz1
Captain
Rep

Quote:

BTW, he was wrong as he didn't know when the model year runs, and he confused himself about what he said, and now he just wantst to name call. I've made my comments and am done.

If he is right with the new E90 that's great.
If he is wrong, will you start a thread and point it out?
Thanks.
GTH (PM me if you can't figure out what this means...)

I will gladly start the "I posted info that turned out to be wrong" thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 05:18 PM   #98
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
Well, onto more info for those of you who can understand it...here is my response back to the question asking about normal BMW production cycles which end in August and begin in September.

This process hasn’t varied in the 15 years I’ve been selling them. Its all part and parcel of the mystique, blah blah blah

As for the definition of the term “normal” – in the automotive world everything is normal, even the weird stuff. Below is the schedule for the ’06 model year 3 series production. You’ll see the sedans end in August. MY ’07 sedans start in Sept.
I don't see anything.

BTW, did you find the "normal" cycle of 3 series sedans before the 2007 model year?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #99
greginaz1
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I don't see anything.

BTW, did you find the "normal" cycle of 3 series sedans before the 2007 model year?
That is what he is saying...most of his previous 15 years have had August model ends and September initial builds...this has been the case for all my prior 3 series orders.

I am not posting his production schedules as I have been asked not too...that is why I have typed them out...like I did to start this thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 05:31 PM   #100
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
That is what he is saying...most of his previous 15 years have had August model ends and September initial builds...this has been the case for all my prior 3 series orders.

I am not posting his production schedules as I have been asked not too...that is why I have typed them out...like I did to start this thread.
So there is nothing there to see?

Funny thing about "normal". He doesn't indicate what has been normal, such as the abnormal early introduction of the 2006 E90, or the 2004 E46 sedans in the summer of 2003 in the Chicago area.

I'll take a look at the E46 sedan information about build dates and I'll get back to you.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 05:32 PM   #101
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
What's your source?
His friend (claim) at BMWNA, not him, in case you thought it was him as I did.
Just trying to help.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #102
fragra
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi

Quote:
You’ll see the sedans end in August. MY ’07 sedans start in Sept.
This agrees with what I was told by my salesperson. My lease ends in August. He suggested I order a September build e91 so I would get a 2007. This didn't seem to be anything extraordinary. Business as usual. Don't know if it will be a 325 or 328, but I suppose I'll know by June.
      04-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #103
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
His friend (claim) at BMWNA, not him, in case you thought it was him as I did.
Just trying to help.
Hey don't drag me into this!!

I was just looking for that smiley eating popcorn!

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 05:45 PM   #104
fragra
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi

Quote:

I was too. It's on Bimmerfest. Could use one here.
      04-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #105
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Sorry, but that great big sucking sound you hear is the pull that made you post. HA HA!

I was just trying answering your question.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 06:51 PM   #106
Daneel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: It's very old

RPM, I don't think Greg was backing out or anything. He has repeatedly stated that sedan SOP is september with delivery by end october or early november.

The part that he said was not set in stone was when you could ORDER an 07 sedan. That's the part that he does not know yet, and speculated at a june/july/august order time. The september SOP statement has not changed. I don't want to take sides, but just thought I'd clear that up, from my understanding of this thread.

From what I know, modulo exceptions such as the early introduction of the E90, BMW's new model year production has always started in September with the factories closed during August.

It is confusing that if you order an 07 sedan in june (if june turns out to be the month that you can order), then you won't get one until october (according to Greg's info), but the order date is unknown at this point. It might turn out to be that you cannot order until late july.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 06:54 PM   #107
greginaz1
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneel
RPM, I don't think Greg was backing out or anything. He has repeatedly stated that sedan SOP is september with delivery by end october or early november.

The part that he said was not set in stone was when you could ORDER an 07 sedan. That's the part that he does not know yet, and speculated at a june/july/august order time. The september SOP statement has not changed. I don't want to take sides, but just thought I'd clear that up, from my understanding of this thread.

From what I know, modulo exceptions such as the early introduction of the E90, BMW's new model year production has always started in September with the factories closed during August.

It is confusing that if you order an 07 sedan in june (if june turns out to be the month that you can order), then you won't get one until october (according to Greg's info), but the order date is unknown at this point. It might turn out to be that you cannot order until late july.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 07:08 PM   #108
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: F80 YMB

Hey Greg, do us a favor and, next time it's convenient, see what your source has on the E91 for 2007. No rush, it would seem we have a while to wait. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 07:24 PM   #109
jkcali2ooo
Generation 2006
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i Jet Black

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Well that sucks if the e90 sedans are changing. I just bought mine in feb 06. :mad:

2006 Jet Black 330i
Sports, Premium, Rear Sensor, Steptronic
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2006, 07:24 PM   #110
e90fan1234
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 E-46 325i

This thread is on fire!!!

How can folks get so passionate about speculation?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread