E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > rev 1 with canbus 5-29

06-23-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
SiNyde
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

rev 1 with canbus 5-29

i was running 2-19 non doomsday which was really nice. i decided to try the the canbus 5-29. i loaded the new firmware and updated it with the new map. took it for a few test runs and it felt more like stock, couldnt really even feel the boost. i decided to switch back to the 2-19... i loaded the old firmware along with 2-19 map, now all i get is limp modes. i was able to start it once or twice without the limp mode, but most of the time its a limp. i plugged in the bypass plugs and still get limps.. i took out the procede and now all is good, no limps. am i able to go from the 5-29 to the 2-19? is there a different process to follow,, thanks for the help..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNyde View Post
i was running 2-19 non doomsday which was really nice. i decided to try the the canbus 5-29. i loaded the new firmware and updated it with the new map. took it for a few test runs and it felt more like stock, couldnt really even feel the boost. i decided to switch back to the 2-19... i loaded the old firmware along with 2-19 map, now all i get is limp modes. i was able to start it once or twice without the limp mode, but most of the time its a limp. i plugged in the bypass plugs and still get limps.. i took out the procede and now all is good, no limps. am i able to go from the 5-29 to the 2-19? is there a different process to follow,, thanks for the help..
Check your connections. Your car should behave perfectly stock with the bypass plugs plugged in. If not, one of the subconnectors or the power connection is loose or flakey.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
SiNyde
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

cool, i'll do i fresh install and give that a try.. just cant get use to the car bring stock, its just feels so slow..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNyde View Post
cool, i'll do i fresh install and give that a try.. just cant get use to the car bring stock, its just feels so slow..
lol... yes, it is.

Shiv
Appreciate 0