E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2nd stage brake lamp warning

01-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
terrym
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 Black on Black M5

2nd stage brake lamp warning

Anyone else experiencing a 2nd stage brake lamp warning? I've checked the bulbs and they are all fine. SA has tried re-programming and the problem still exists.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #2
terrym
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 Black on Black M5

anyone?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
OrangeCounty949
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

About a couple weeks ago I got the "left brake lamp malfunction" warning on my iDrive. I brought the car in, and when I picked it up I turned it on and warnings came on for both the left and the right brake lamps. After that was supposedly fixed, I got another "right brake lamp malfunction" warning the next day. I brought it back in for a 3rd time and about a week later (a couple days ago) the warning came on again. I have now brought my car in 4 times for this. My car is supposed to be ready today, so we will see how it goes, but I have a feeling I will be bringing it back again. This is what they have done so far.

1st attempt - clean sensors
2nd attempt - replace both lights
3rd attempt - upgrade iDrive
4th attempt - replace right light
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4lyfe View Post
get ready...your fuel pump will give out in a few days....that's the precursor to the fuel pump problem...msg me when it happens!
Please stop being a troll.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #5
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCounty949 View Post
About a couple weeks ago I got the "left brake lamp malfunction" warning on my iDrive. I brought the car in, and when I picked it up I turned it on and warnings came on for both the left and the right brake lamps. After that was supposedly fixed, I got another "right brake lamp malfunction" warning the next day. I brought it back in for a 3rd time and about a week later (a couple days ago) the warning came on again. I have now brought my car in 4 times for this. My car is supposed to be ready today, so we will see how it goes, but I have a feeling I will be bringing it back again. This is what they have done so far.

1st attempt - clean sensors
2nd attempt - replace both lights
3rd attempt - upgrade iDrive
4th attempt - replace right light
You made the same post in more than 6 different threads today. Didn't you know that they are cheaper by the dozen?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 04:06 PM   #6
OrangeCounty949
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
You made the same post in more than 6 different threads today. Didn't you know that they are cheaper by the dozen?
I will get right on that.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 11:26 AM   #7
Alan(iX)
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535

I received this message last night on my E92 335 Coupe.

Exposed code while Holding button on check control menu: CC-ID 372

I am curious if anyone else has any more info on this error or an service bulletin info.

Thank You.
2007 BMW E92 335i Coupe, 6MT, space grey, black leather, dark burl, CWP, ZPP, ZSP, Comfort Access, Nav, Power Rear Sun Shade, Park Distance Control, Sirius
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #8
NU2BMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

My 335i coupe flashed the right brake light malfuction indicator last week. The car has been completely reprogrammed (did fix my I-Drive issues), the bulbs replaced, the light computer module replaced, and the light assembly swapped with a car off the lot....all to no avail. Today the check engine light came on for the second time in two days-service code indicates car needs a new torque converter. Anyone had any luck gettting the light code cleared?How soon till my fuel pump fails? (12/06 production with 2700 miles but it no longer runs hot thanks to BMW)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #9
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
get ready...your fuel pump will give out in a few days....that's the precursor to the fuel pump problem...msg me when it happens!
uh....wtf?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #10
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

im getting the "rear left brake lamp malfunction" warning too now......first time i went in, they changed the bulb and reset CEL......but its on again, so this time i told them that i want an iDrive up date since mine sucks ass anyway, and that that might fix it......since the brake light is actually fine, im not going to crazy about it so id say maybe next week i'll drop it off, I JUST HATE DROPING MY CAR OFF FOR SERVICE, ANYWHERE.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #11
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
I think he's jk'ing around......

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2007, 07:17 PM   #12
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

I've got this malfunction message before, and even "tested it" (using something heavy pressing down on the brake pedal while in Park while I went to the rear of the car to check the brake lights). Sure enough, it's not a sensor malfunction per say (b/c one of the bulbs in the brake light was in fact out) as the sensor is reading it correctly and alerting me. I brought my car in and they determined that the brake light assembly was loose or malfunctioning, so they replaced it, and the error message and malfunction has not returned since...at least on the right side. That was about 2 months ago.

However, about a week ago, I got the same malfuction message...but now on the left brake light. So, I tested it again and saw one of the bulbs out on the left brake light. "Oh no...here we go again," I thought. So, I made an appointment to bring the car in again, but after a couple days, the malfunction message disappeared and hasn't returned since.

I will keep an eye out for it, and if it returns, I'll bring my car in and have them change out the entire left brake light assembly (like they did with the right one 2 months ago).

So, most likely, this is what's causing this particular malfunction, and you should check to see if one of the brake light bulbs is out...if so, then ask them to just replace the entire rear brake light assembly, and the problem should be resolved.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #13
lifebug
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 4.8

Have the same problem with my 2007 X5, But it is actually not working any more. Replaced bulb but is still not working, Brought it into the dealership. They said it might be the socket that needs replacement or the whole assembly that will run at about CAN$500.00

Are there any better ways?

Also, does anyone know where I can find a diagram for both fuse boxes? for sure the one in the back of a 2007 X5 4.8
Appreciate 0