E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > UMMMMMM.... i think i bought a car with a tune...

07-22-2011, 11:40 PM   #89
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

You are right about that. Tune found = voided warranty. Now if there is a problem, would you rather pay out of pocket or just take the damn tune out and re-install after you go to dealer?
      07-23-2011, 12:03 AM   #90
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by banky View Post
i dont get it, why is this so bad? if they find it i figure worse case scenario is they tell my my warranty is voided. i mean, it expires in a month anyway...

and what would Texas Direct Auto even do if i told them that? i hardly doubt they'd care...
Just make sure they don't give you trouble in the future for a HPFP replacement
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 12:31 AM   #91
zerep1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E90, 328i F30, 230i G42,

third party warranty would probably not check the ecu compartment since they send it to a shaop and that shop would just wanna make money
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 02:16 AM   #92
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

A lot of scared nancies about modded cars and warranty. I have had a lot of work done under warranty bringing my car in FBO. Stop being scared and realize what you can and can't get done and argue your point. Before I brink my car in, I let my SA know my car is fully modded. The only thing I haven't got done under warranty is replace some injectors, but I actually could have got it done because last time they checked each under the recall and would have gladly replaced them. This is with DP, exhaust, tune, intake, DV, and meth.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #93
335iLI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335coupe View Post
A lot of scared nancies about modded cars and warranty. I have had a lot of work done under warranty bringing my car in FBO. Stop being scared and realize what you can and can't get done and argue your point. Before I brink my car in, I let my SA know my car is fully modded. The only thing I haven't got done under warranty is replace some injectors, but I actually could have got it done because last time they checked each under the recall and would have gladly replaced them. This is with DP, exhaust, tune, intake, DV, and meth.
+1 worst thing they have done to me was told me to take the part or tune out and come back. They really dont want to void your warranty bc then they dont get paid by bmwna. It also helps when your flip the SA a 50 and the shopformen a 50 lol
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #94
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

you have a piece of n54 history in there lol
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #95
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
You are right about that. Tune found = voided warranty. Now if there is a problem, would you rather pay out of pocket or just take the damn tune out and re-install after you go to dealer?
same.

so what you're saying is that your car will NOT have any warranty after a month.

holy crap - you have better paid $20k for that car HAHA !!!!

i wouldn't wanna be in your shoes.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #96
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iLI View Post
+1 worst thing they have done to me was told me to take the part or tune out and come back. They really dont want to void your warranty bc then they dont get paid by bmwna. It also helps when your flip the SA a 50 and the shopformen a 50 lol

I couldn't agree more. By doing that, I always get the same tech working on my car, every time. That guy knows my car inside and out and can diagnose a problem before my seat gets warm in the waiting area.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #97
banky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
same.

so what you're saying is that your car will NOT have any warranty after a month.

holy crap - you have better paid $20k for that car HAHA !!!!

i wouldn't wanna be in your shoes.
What I'm saying is my factory warranty expires in a month but I have an aftermarket warranty that I purchased through Texas direct auto when I bought the car. According to my terms I think I have to do all repairs there anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #98
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by banky View Post
What I'm saying is my factory warranty expires in a month but I have an aftermarket warranty that I purchased through Texas direct auto when I bought the car. According to my terms I think I have to do all repairs there anyway.
**sigh of relief**

i still would have called them to let them know.

hell, they may not even know it had a tune.

if you have any problems, let me know.
Appreciate 0