E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Eurowerkz Presents [EUROFEST] 4/29/2012 at Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ

04-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #89
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
and the gift bag full of advertisement flyers! Plus cheap neosprene cold cup holder!

SHops get paid money while us DIY should deserve some recognition...Rallye's meet does a good job in this aspect.
this was something i wasn't too thrilled with -- the raffle shouldve been held in the middle of the day instead of starting at 5 & going until 6:15 (some of the sponsors had packed up their tents & left when it ended).... the other thing was some of the people & cars who won. got nothing against the mint green gtr, but how does a japanese car win a trophy at EUROfest???

lots of gorgeous cars tho, hopefully there will be more events over the summer
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #90
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
this was something i wasn't too thrilled with -- the raffle shouldve been held in the middle of the day instead of starting at 5 & going until 6:15 (some of the sponsors had packed up their tents & left when it ended).... the other thing was some of the people & cars who won. got nothing against the mint green gtr, but how does a japanese car win a trophy at EUROfest???

politics my friend. Over the years I've been to shows, I've scratch my head about the car that wins.

point proven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ330i View Post
And all the trophies went to the people that where inside with the vendors
What about the people that have to invest a lot of their own money and time on their cars?
That's the one thing I didn't like
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #91
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
only "real solution" to eliminate the politics of who wins the trophies is have everyone who shows up vote for a car & have the ones that enter showcased in the middle of the day, but that'll create a whole different mess on its own
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #92
HanSolo
FK JEFF
Rep
Drives: your mom wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran@ltbmw View Post
politics my friend. Over the years I've been to shows, I've scratch my head about the car that wins.

point proven.
LT has blessed us with his presence from the Westcoast!

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #93
MoBounce
Mmmmmm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes
It was great to see everyone at the show yesterday. Hope everyone had a chance to stop down at our booth!
Yep! Thanks for the bulbs! So far so good! Happy with the look!
      04-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #94
E46toE90
Sparkling Graphite Metallic FTW
Rep
Drives: lci m-sport e90 n55

What the gtr won a trophy

That's stupid

Eurofest by eurowerkz smh I don't see Jdm in their
      04-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #95
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

we were a vendor and we didnt win anything?? lol
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #96
NJ330i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Electric Red 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@AutoCouture
we were a vendor and we didnt win anything?? lol
You don't know the right people then!!!
Lol
      04-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #97
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW/Fox 6MT E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran@ltbmw View Post

point proven.
Definitely Politics...They are a well known shop who does great work nonetheless. GTR looked great, not my cup of tea but much respect is given for the hard work put into that car. IMO trophies should have been limited to Euro only and not just the ones in the vendor sections
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #98
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

EUROFEST at its best...Best car was a JAP car...Hysterical!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #99
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alofoque View Post
Definitely Politics...They are a well known shop who does great work nonetheless. GTR looked great, not my cup of tea but much respect is given for the hard work put into that car. IMO trophies should have been limited to Euro only and not just the ones in the vendor sections
They put alot of effort into it and get paid...We are enthusiast put alot of time and make it look just as good as their paid show cars....That is total BS and if they want attendance to go up this is not the way to go..People and their cars make the sales This is what makes a true car show, not paid fabricated cars...Heck they should already know they can beat anyone. I see people all day shining their cars and polishing thier wheels, thinking they have a chance at winning a trophy of some kind. I already knew they were wasting their time but didnt have to heart to tell them as they were newbies to these events.

At this point its all said and done and the people who profited from this is enjoying a nice brew with their hommies! Food price was the best bang for the buck.

Last edited by cn555ic; 04-30-2012 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #100
Nickel///MboyZ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3-E46

Swaggy needs to get best of any show period, his car is legit, but for everything else, lets just say me and my crew will not be attending Eurofest 2013
      04-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #101
Focus
Captain
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
They put alot of effort into it and get paid...We are enthusiast put alot of time and make it look just as good as their paid show cars....That is total BS and if they want attendance to go up this is not the way to go..People and their cars make the sales This is what makes a true car show, not paid fabricated cars...Heck they should already know they can beat anyone. I see people all day shining their cars and polishing thier wheels, thinking they have a chance at winning a trophy of some kind. I already knew they were wasting their time but didnt have to heart to tell them as they were newbies to these events.

At this point its all said and done and the people who profited from this is enjoying a nice brew with their hommies! Food price was the best bang for the buck.
It was my first time going and even i knew not to waste my time polishing up... don't think i'll go next year..it wasn't what i thought it was gonna be. It was nice meeting up with everyone in Fort Lee and the cruise there, but i didn't feel compelled to stay..

and they started the raffle at 5? that's some BS..
      04-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #102
markeh
Second Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2013 CB 650xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus View Post
It was my first time going and even i knew not to waste my time polishing up... don't think i'll go next year..it wasn't what i thought it was gonna be. It was nice meeting up with everyone in Fort Lee and the cruise there, but i didn't feel compelled to stay..

and they started the raffle at 5? that's some BS..
Glad you met up with us at Fort Lee, which 335 was yours?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #103
Focus
Captain
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeh View Post
Glad you met up with us at Fort Lee, which 335 was yours?

The E92 Sparkling Grpahite on 19" Miro 111's , you?
      04-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #104
Nickel///MboyZ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3-E46

dont get it wrong, 2011 eurofest was one of the best shows i went to, but then again, it was only bmws
      04-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #105
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel///MboyZ View Post
dont get it wrong, 2011 eurofest was one of the best shows i went to, but then again, it was only bmws
Yeah I went to that one too and yeah it was much better...WHo ever organized this one...epic fail. Cash moves everything around me, get the creme YO!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #106
AcExSpades
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: 11 MW E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 Subaru WRX STi  [0.00]
I actually like it aside from the food situation. I really can't compare it to anything because this is on of my first event meets I've gone to.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #107
SS e93
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 M3

Quote:
Yeah I went to that one too and yeah it was much better...WHo ever organized this one...epic fail. Cash moves everything around me, get the creme YO!
did you mean...cash rules everything around me, cream get the money?
It only came to me because I did karaoke with some friends and this came up. LOL.

After reading through this I do not regret missing this meet at all. Seems like most shows involving raffle/best ____ always wait till the point when everybody already wants to leave.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #108
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ330i View Post
You don't know the right people then!!!
Lol
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alofoque View Post
thats great for them, but a JDM car win at a show name Eurofest.

Quote:
EUROFEST at its best...Best car was a JAP car...Hysterical!!!
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
LT has blessed us with his presence from the Westcoast!

Quote:
only "real solution" to eliminate the politics of who wins the trophies is have everyone who shows up vote for a car & have the ones that enter showcased in the middle of the day, but that'll create a whole different mess on its own
yes it will create a mess. Now all their friends and friends will vote.

I gave up on shows. I only go to show what we can do. All my hard work and design is for magazine only. If anyone here think they can win a trophy at any car show, just give up now. Just hit up all the magazine and submit your pics. Magazine is always looking for new stuff. They can't use the same cars over and over. Being in a magazine is 100x better than a stupid trophy that will sit in your office or room. No one can see it. Published in a magazine is forever. Even when aliens invade earth they can laugh at the stupid mods we did.

Just my 2 pennies.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 03:24 AM   #109
styles50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is fbo/meth/Rb/Cobb

Im very dissapointed on how eurofest turned out this year,the goodie bags sucked, i left before the raffle started because the placed was practically empty by that time so thats why i left and i noticed there was no connection with the crowd what so ever. I agree on how they ruined the show by giving the best car show award to a gtr, there were 1000+ euro cars which these owners invested $30k+ on mods to make them into beautiful machines and only 1 """Nissan"""" gtr and u telling me that a fake lambo neon green Nissan fast and furious look alike won this award. thats just rediculous.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #110
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyhot e92 View Post
did you mean...cash rules everything around me, cream get the money?
It only came to me because I did karaoke with some friends and this came up. LOL.

After reading through this I do not regret missing this meet at all. Seems like most shows involving raffle/best ____ always wait till the point when everybody already wants to leave.
Lol. You right. Cash rules everything around me, cream get the money!!! Lol
Perfect description of the event!
Appreciate 0