E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Log Review help... please

12-18-2015, 06:00 AM   #1
robmarley
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 550i xdrive

Log Review help... please

Hi,

I took a few logs, but I cannot really read them lol. Would anyone with knowledge mind helping me out here?

Also, it is really difficult to get good runs logged because of the number of cars on the road at all hours of the day and night - I am on Long Island... way over populated.

Anyway, here is one of my better logs in terms of length of time in WOT.

Thanks in advance.

http://datazap.me/u/hornrobertm/log-....63&tmax=99.60
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 07:34 AM   #2
E92 420
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 Auto e92 335i

Your over and under boosting, you have timing correction across the whole pull and you LPFP dips out a few times. All in all not a very pretty log!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 07:45 AM   #3
robmarley
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

thanks for the insight. i just needed to confirm that my car is running like garbage lol. im pretty sure i have a boost leak. its driving me nuts. i started to think it was all in my head, bc i did a boost leak test and couldnt find it, but i known its there.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 08:04 AM   #4
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

The log isn't terrible.

Nothing wrong with the LPFP. It stays above or around 50.
Slight timing corrections but that's either old plugs or low octane fuel.

You are over-boosting but that's not a shocker on an OTS map. I would be perfectly happy driving around with that map. Chances are that the maps will keep being improved in the future and they will lower the WGDC base table and put more on the adders to allow the PID more influence on the WGDC.

Since you are already FBO and have spent good money on hardware mods it wouldn't be a bad idea to do the same with your software and get a custom tune from Wedge.
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2015, 08:35 AM   #5
robmarley
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser
The log isn't terrible.

Nothing wrong with the LPFP. It stays above or around 50.
Slight timing corrections but that's either old plugs or low octane fuel.

You are over-boosting but that's not a shocker on an OTS map. I would be perfectly happy driving around with that map. Chances are that the maps will keep being improved in the future and they will lower the WGDC base table and put more on the adders to allow the PID more influence on the WGDC.

Since you are already FBO and have spent good money on hardware mods it wouldn't be a bad idea to do the same with your software and get a custom tune from Wedge.
thank you for the help man. its difficult to make sense of logs.

as for custom tune... I completely agree, i also should get new sparkplugs. i can feel misfires coming in my near future lol.

i think ive narrowed down the boost leak to my rear turbo outlet v-band. so its good to know the log isnt so terrible that i shoukdnt drive it while i gather the parts.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 12:29 PM   #6
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmarley View Post

as for custom tune... I completely agree, i also should get new sparkplugs. i can feel misfires coming in my near future lol.

i think ive narrowed down the boost leak to my rear turbo outlet v-band. so its good to know the log isnt so terrible that i shoukdnt drive it while i gather the parts.
The log you posted above is trimmed. Here's the link to the untrimmed log:
http://datazap.me/u/hornrobertm/log-...12-14-16-17-21

I just had a second look and you do have quite a large discrepancy between the AFR in bank 1 and bank 2. Makes sense that you have a leak.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 12:45 PM   #7
robmarley
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmarley View Post

The log you posted above is trimmed. Here's the link to the untrimmed log:
http://datazap.me/u/hornrobertm/log-...12-14-16-17-21

I just had a second look and you do have quite a large discrepancy between the AFR in bank 1 and bank 2. Makes sense that you have a leak.
yep, i confirmed it about an hour ago. i just got a new oring and clamp from the dealer - such a rip off lol, but im going to fix it and try to take some new logs tn. hopefully things look better.

thank you again.
Appreciate 0