E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > How is Sytner high wycombe dealer of the year ?

08-09-2010, 03:48 AM   #1
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
How is Sytner high wycombe dealer of the year ?

Bought my 1 year old E92 from Sytner high wycombe. Great salesman great service (ok probably could have haggled a bit more but really pleased with the car).

Then experiences with service department began not good.

Tyre pressure warning sensor went off twice so with a 1200 mile trip to France planned, took it to Sytner High Wycombe to have it checked. "no sir no problem just faulty pressures" So as I sit here in the Dordogne pressure still drops so I checked drivers front tyre and a large obvious nail is in the tyre causing a slow leak. Surely they should have found this? What do I do about repair / replacement. I am seething.

Also when I bought the car broken glass kept being found in the boot due to previous owner having had broken rear or side glass broken. Described problem told that there would be a charge for "fault finding" told them no there won't. Took the car in told to bring it for 12.30 and I would have it back by 5pm. Took it in "no sir it won't be ready till 5pm tomorrow!"

Alpine upgrade took from a Friday till Tuesday.

After this found 4 plastic trim fittings and 2 screws left in the space below boot mat, Where are they from?

Took the car back to have foam inserts after alpine upgrade "and who is paying for this sir" what? "no not expecting you sir" hasn't Anneka been in touch "who?" Would you like to see my email exchange or better still why don't you phone her? Grudgingly fitted.

So tyre with nail not diagnosed, car kept longer than promised on 2 occasions, screws and fittings lying loose, generally grumpy and this is dealer of the year. Hate to think how the other dealers did.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 04:44 AM   #2
ibanezking
Weekend Rockstar
England
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i'd say for £120 an hour + VAT you've got/had excellent service and should stop coming on here bleating about it......................
      08-09-2010, 04:52 AM   #3
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

^^^^^^ what he said plus

I honestly mean no offence and apologies if what I am about to say comes across the wrong way, I noticed you've been complaining about the Alpine GB - Sytner didn't have those in stock and the delay was beyond their control, actually it was BMW supply who caused issues by not releasing sufficient units forcing Anneka to wait for Alpine to manufacture new ones.

Did you actually speak with Cameron or Anneka and let them know you're coming before going in? (not everyone knows inserts were foc additions courtesy of Anneka). A few of us waited for our foam inserts patiently whilst they were on back order from Germany.

Had BMW fitting manuals stipulated foam inserts required for all models, then I am sure they would have been ordered in the first place.

Whats the glass complaint got to do with them? All the little bits of glass are almost impossible to clear out unless they're in an isolated place, but perhaps thats poor attention from whoever fitted it (I think its outsourced to glassfitters). Most businesses do sometimes charge for fault finding. I recall an Audi dealer telling me there would be a charge of £105+VAT for diagnostic and if warranty paid then there would be no charge.

You can't be certain the nail was already there went your car went in to the dealers (my car has done this a few times and there are absolutely no nails or punctures/in fact when I picked up my brand new X5 it had a similar issue within the first hour of driving/again no nail) but yours should be okay driving back so long the nail is firmly in place.

With any dealer/brand it is normal at least 90% of the time to keep cars for longer than first expected e.g. Battersea had my car instead of 3 days for 9 days (due to circumstances beyond their control), I too would have loved to have my car serviced and have the simple warranty items dealt with whilst I waited but it wasn't going to happen.

Last edited by flyfs6; 08-09-2010 at 05:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 04:57 AM   #4
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Bought my 335i from them, not had dealings with the service dept, but sales was spot on, all I asked for was done and salesman was top notch.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 05:11 AM   #5
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

Sorry to learn of these issues Amar.

Regarding the foam inserts I was worried that this could happen and am genuinely sorry that it did. Cameron was made aware but as it was weeks ago I presume that it had slipped his mind, I haven't been able to speak with him today but am sure that he'll be kicking himself when he realises; it's never nice to see a 'goodwill gesture' backfire. Sorry for any aggravation caused.

With regard to the "spares" found in the boot, I am going to investigate as soon as I can. Again we're all very sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 05:36 AM   #6
ibanezking
Weekend Rockstar
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezking View Post
i'd say for £120 an hour + VAT you've got/had excellent service and should stop coming on here bleating about it......................
@ flyfs6.............. I was being a touch sarcastic there..........!
      08-09-2010, 05:38 AM   #7
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

I know
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 06:19 AM   #8
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
To answer the points

Anneka said there was no need to call service but to avoid problems did call and leave a voicemail asking service to call me to arrange time. They didn't so next day rang again and asked service receptionist to ask someone to call me, they didn't so called in as advised by Anneka.

Anneka says she told them, they deny this, not that they had forgotten but denied that they had been told. Anneka has at all times been courteous, prompt and efficient at all times so I know who I believe.

Broken glass not a problem. I would expect them to apologise for the inconvenience and fix things, not inform me that I would have to pay an investigation charge!

Pieces of trim and screws in boot after work is not acceptable but I did not complain at the time and only mention it now due to the accumulation if issues.

Yes complex issues can take longer to resolve but I have had my car in 3 times and on none of these occasions was the experience smooth and as planned even though they were minor issues.

No I can't prove that the nail was there when I took it to the dealer but the drivers front tyre lost pressure twice before I took it to the dealer and three times afterwards. I now have a nail in the tyre that I have found so it could be a big coincidence.

As regards the foam inserts, where was my moaning? Asked once if they were in stock and a second time some days later as I wanted it sorted before driving to France.

Can't praise Anneka enough but service department has in my experience been poor.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #9
ibanezking
Weekend Rockstar
England
Rep

In all honesty i have to agree

Every time(4 in total) i have been to my local dealers for something done - there has always been a problem...............

And i would expect better at the level they're at............... If they charged Quik-Fit prices i would expect the cock-ups, the damage, the return visits, the not being ready when someone has just phoned me to say it was.........

But i don't go to Quik-Fit for that reason........... i go to a Prestige brand Main Dealers............ and don't get the service i think my car warrants

The only thing they seem to get right with un-nerving accuracy is the extraction of large ammounts of the folding stuff!!!

Max
      08-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #10
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Well when you compare Sytner High Wycombe to some other dealers in the BMW network then you realise why High Wycombe gets it's accolades!!!
      08-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #11
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

I used High Wycombe a few times and generally they were good, same can be said for my local Mercedes dealer.

I think the key is to make sure they are 100% clear what you want and what you don't want i.e. don't wash the car, what exactly will it cost, when exactly will it be done, what exactly have you done to me car etc etc.

If you make a fuss from the start then they tend to make more of an effort as chances are you will more exacting in your expectations and standards to which they must adhere to.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezking View Post
In all honesty i have to agree

Every time(4 in total) i have been to my local dealers for something done - there has always been a problem...............

And i would expect better at the level they're at............... If they charged Quik-Fit prices i would expect the cock-ups, the damage, the return visits, the not being ready when someone has just phoned me to say it was.........

But i don't go to Quik-Fit for that reason........... i go to a Prestige brand Main Dealers............ and don't get the service i think my car warrants

The only thing they seem to get right with un-nerving accuracy is the extraction of large ammounts of the folding stuff!!!

Max
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #13
grant1987
Detailing Dog
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
I used High Wycombe a few times and generally they were good, same can be said for my local Mercedes dealer.

I think the key is to make sure they are 100% clear what you want and what you don't want i.e. don't wash the car, what exactly will it cost, when exactly will it be done, what exactly have you done to me car etc etc.

If you make a fuss from the start then they tend to make more of an effort as chances are you will more exacting in your expectations and standards to which they must adhere to.

As JLR1969 says above, just be real clear about what you want, else things wont get done if you leave it up to the service guys to figure it out. And def dont let them wash your car, or mop it. Whoever mops the new and used cars inside the dealership should be shot. Theres sooooo many holograms, it would be better if they just left them unpolished.

If you need anything resolved though on the sales/warranty/complaints side id speak to Kevin Bates up on the used car sales floor.

Top bloke, I only deal with him now if i have any issues or questions, service guys are pretty slow and not really interested. Speak to people further up the chain and hey presto, it gets done.

Last month:

Booked my car in for software update 2 weeks in advance, get there and speak to the service guys, "oh no sorry all the hire cars have been taken out for the next few days, you'll have to rebook for the week after next" wtf i booked this purely for that reason?!?!

Response: Oh sorry, there nothing we can do now

Speak to the right person (Kev) and all of a sudden there suddenly there is a magical hidden hire car thats available.

Goodbye whining service technicians!

Grant
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #14
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

I guess its always easier to be at the top of division 2.
Then it is to be at the bottom of division 1.

QED?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #15
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Yep Richard Kendall who sold me the car did say that if service ever said that there wasn't a car when mine cameinfor a service to have a word with him and he would locate one.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #16
cdb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

I used wycombe for my Alpine with no issues, they even moved my car kit screen for me without fuss.

Then again I've had similar experiences to you with my local dealer who I use for servicing - where every time something isn't right when the cars collected - and it's happened every time i've used them. (I even have to leave a note pinned to the dashboard to stop them washing it!)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 07:53 AM   #17
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Well got the tyre repaired at the French equivalent of Kwik Fit. Nice job, 23euros. Drove almost 1000miles and pressures have ben great.

So as I cant prove there was a nail in the tyre went it went to Sytner H Wycombe, but jolly likely so should I just leave it or ring them up to give some feedback?

Also the bits of trim and screws in the boot after work was done there (not sure if it was after alpine upgrade or rear parcel shelf problems as were under boot floor but i think it was after alpine), should I just shrug this off or give them some feedback?

Finally when it went in for the Alpine upgrade I was told on a Friday that the new Amp was faulty but that although they had another one I couldnt have it until they had cleared it with BMW tech services in Germany, is this correct?
Meant that they couldnt put a new one in till the Tuesday. What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #18
Tippo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mk2 TT V6 quattro

Discussing BMW dealer standards at lunch with a colleague whose Dad worked at Longbridge.

We both come to the funny but allegedly true conclusion that BMW dealers are rife with ex Rover staff or sympaphisers. Only reason for it, well at least when it comes to the West Mids. Infiltrate from within and rot away.

Well whatever it is, it's worked on me cause I am going back to Audi come the Autumn.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 08:56 AM   #19
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippo View Post
Discussing BMW dealer standards at lunch with a colleague whose Dad worked at Longbridge.

We both come to the funny but allegedly true conclusion that BMW dealers are rife with ex Rover staff or sympaphisers. Only reason for it, well at least when it comes to the West Mids. Infiltrate from within and rot away.

Well whatever it is, it's worked on me cause I am going back to Audi come the Autumn.

So that's what happened to Red Robbo
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #20
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

they ALWAYS have something they can give you..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #21
e92_grn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 325d SE

If you think that experience was bad, you ought to try Dick Lovett

I wish they had an "Anneka". Problems always occur, it's what they do about it that counts.

Glad it all got sorted in the end.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #22
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Things are still not going well at Sytner High Wycombe. Started promisingly. My car has black shadow line window trim, I noticed that the black was peeling so went to Sytner HW, very efficient, they had a look, confirmed that it would be covered under warranty and so I booked it in.

Arrived again very efficient. Greeted by name without me saying who I was (was a man outside with a clipboard and walkie talkie), seen to quickly and agreed that I could have the car back at 3pm even though it was a 10 minute job and I had arrived at 8am, but didn't need the car in a hurry so ok as I can walk to work from there.

Went to pick the car up and the trim was not right so showed service advisor who called senior tech and they agreed to order another trim and do the job again next week as well as replacing 2 other adjacent pieces that had been damaged during fitting. Driving along and loads of wind noise. When I reached the destination I checked the trim and saw that the front portion was coming away and was not properly seated, one of the clips looked broken. Went back to dealer, spoke to very helpful service manager who apologized and am now awaiting a call from service advisor. Also the new trim also was scratched during fitting. I could have done the job better myself.

So things happen but how could they have let it out of the workshop in that condition?

Really lost faith now, was looking for a 1 convertible for the wife, not sure whether to stick with this dealer or not for that purchase now.
Appreciate 0