E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Feedback on 320d Auto please?

09-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #23
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

My 320D is an auto and in London if you are in a lot of traffic, its the way to go.
There appears sufficient torque thro' the range at all times to overcome any feeling of running out of puff or that you need to stir things up with a manual.
Previously I had a 320i auto and out of traffic I sometimes used to think that a manual would be useful to get the revs up, but not with a my 320D.
All the best with your motor, whatever!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #24
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifty View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Just found out the dealer arranging the multiday td can't provide anything until the end of Oct

So, going into my local dealership tomorrow to see if I can take one out for a razz to get the feel - i really want to get my order in within the next two weeks.

The engine and transmission are the first hurdle... as for the extras.... well I've been going around that little dance for a while now.
a multiday testdrive? take it for an hour or an afternoon, you will know if you like it or not. IMO you are asking for a lot.

The 320d is really a nice car. This is the daily driver of my wife. (320 Xd auot). Enough power, nice torque, very good fuel economy.
Appreciate 0