E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Newbie Qs

10-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
beamer999
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: White 335 Red Coral leather

Newbie Qs

Hello all,
Im a little new to this, so bare with me. Have just ordered a new coupe 335i.
I had a cracking deal and opted to have a Mineal white M Sport with 19" rims pro nav Haram kardon and all the trimmings, the only thing i dislike is the stuip plastic rear diffuser. Are there any Members with pictures that have the plastic bit painted in the body colour. Also is the upgrade sound system worth the extra cash? And the last question is there an option that is a must on the 335?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
themetz
smokin' kipper
England
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamer999 View Post
Hello all,
Im a little new to this, so bare with me. Have just ordered a new coupe 335i.
I had a cracking deal and opted to have a Mineal white M Sport with 19" rims pro nav Haram kardon and all the trimmings, the only thing i dislike is the stuip plastic rear diffuser. Are there any Members with pictures that have the plastic bit painted in the body colour. Also is the upgrade sound system worth the extra cash? And the last question is there an option that is a must on the 335?
Sound upgrade is definitely worth it...

must haves for me: DCT, heated seats, bluetooth, dab (but only if you like channels only available via dab - and have good receprion on your regular routes)

Be interested to know what your deal was!? What's your lead time??

My wife's mum has got a min white e93 arriving next week... Intrigued to know what it's like in the flesh!
      10-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
beamer999
United Kingdom
Rep

My lead time is ten weeks, so having it as a early Xmas presie.
My Car booked at £43k and did a deal for £36,750. I think i got a good deal, your proberly going to tell me different
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
themetz
smokin' kipper
England
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Quote:
My Car booked at £43k and did a deal for £36,750. I think i got a good deal, your proberly going to tell me different
not at all - sounds like a great deal! which dealer have you used?
      10-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Burton
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Sounds about right, calculates at 14-15% which is what I signed up for recently on the slightly lesser 320D coupe Msport. Good job!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

Is there any difference between discount levels on E90 vs E91 vs E92?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
That's a hell of a discount isn't it! There was a time they wouldn't discount, or certainly not to that extent on a new car. Maybe a showroom one with the usual dealer back up from BMW. What does this to do second hand values?

Up grade stereo for sure. You've got the ball warmers listed (heated seats), bluetooth, nav and wheels.

I've got a thing for folding mirrors but your call tbh.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
DavS1
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Emfree

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
That's a good deal I reckon.

Mineral white is a nice colour!

lol@ball warmers, something you wanna share with us beemerbird?
      10-06-2010, 01:22 AM   #9
E92BSM10
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-Sport Highline

Good deal here are some must haves: heated seats, sun protection glass , elec folding mirrors, hk, and think that's it
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 01:47 AM   #10
beamer999
United Kingdom
Rep

I did the deal in Cardiff, had to do a lot of haggling. Ive been looking at used/Demo's and coudn't find anything around. Said i was never going to buy a new car again, but found a website where they were offering massive discounts and took my findings into the dealers. After a lot of (O we cant match that price) and walking away I got the call saying if I place a deposit We have a deal. I do have heated seats and blue tooth and elec dimming folding mirrors, the only thing Im worried about is Red leather the way to go or black? Have seen loads in this combo
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 03:26 AM   #11
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Personal preference with the colour. The red does look very good in contrast to the white. Black obviously hardly looks out of place but I suppose a safer option.

Sounds like a cracking deal you got so well done.

You could go crazy on the options list if you wanted but think you've got the important stuff. Definately go for the stereo upgrade, the basic system just isn't good enough and a real let down (think things have improved recently but I wouldn't take the gamble).

There are all sorts of other stuff you could add, but depending on your circumstances depends if they're useful. With a little one I found the electric rear blind really useful (proper gadget!!!). The USB interface will go well with the upgraded stereo so you can easily play mp3s/ipod. I love having a sunroof (old skool!!!) but it's not cheap. Adaptive headlights (that turn into a corner) are quite funky but not really vital. The sliding arm-rest is a nice luxury and for £110 I'd select it.

But, the car as you're selected it, is absolutely fine if you wanna stick with it.

People have painted their rear diffuser body colour, there will be links here somewhere, and they do look good. I personally like the M Sport contract colour. Use the search function and you'll hopefully come across a thread.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 03:53 AM   #12
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

Sounds like small things but here my option recommendations:

- grey shade band on top of windscreen, £60
- check if there are cargo nets on the back of the front seats to put maps etc in, if not it's about £100

If you like gadgets and do a lot of motorway driving, there's also active cruise control (uses radar to detect cars in front), but it ain't cheap about £1100.

That's a great discount, I only got about 8% off mine, I'm feeling like an idiot!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 04:52 AM   #13
Freethy
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 325i M Sport

2nd for USB Interface, I bought my car used and its one of my favourite things, stuck in a 16GB stick and all the albums and track details are on the head unit
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #14
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavS1 View Post
lol@ball warmers, something you wanna share with us beemerbird?
Well...........the op. went well and they've now gone.

Just what I call them as you blokes seem to love that little feature on a car. Despite every German car I've owned having the heated seats option, I don't use it as basically they make me feel I want to wee. Everything is always toastie down there so no need to be warmer.

Quote:
I did the deal in Cardiff, had to do a lot of haggling. Ive been looking at used/Demo's and coudn't find anything around. Said i was never going to buy a new car again, but found a website where they were offering massive discounts and took my findings into the dealers. After a lot of (O we cant match that price) and walking away I got the call saying if I place a deposit We have a deal. I do have heated seats and blue tooth and elec dimming folding mirrors, the only thing Im worried about is Red leather the way to go or black? Have seen loads in this combo
Well that's different then. I thought you'd walked into the dealers and managed to get that discount straight away! Had you done then seriously it would be a bit of cause for concern imo. Don't need a degree in economics to work out why.

So good for you I say and I agree re. the USB option also, forgot about that. It is good.
Appreciate 0