E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

03-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #1893
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Airbag warning _CAN_ be cleared with INPA, or the BT Tool, so no issue there.

I dunno. I would assume that the two wires DESI referred to in his post (the two yellow wires in that pic which are missing on some and present on others) are live - what would be the point of wiring them up and leaving them dead? So if they are there, they must be 'active'. But then ... it does not make sense that adding $2XA, the paddled wheel, to the VO does nothing.

gargh. I don't want to manually rewire the car. It's such a .. barbaric option now that we have NCS expert
      03-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #1894
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

OK, finally got my cable this past weekend and made my first attempt at coding the car. Couldn't get INPA to work, but have read that some people are still able to get NCSEXPERT to work anyway. No go. I get the following error message when trying to read the car via NCSEXPERT. I followed the installation DIY to a 'T' and didn't seem to encounter any problems. This is on a native XP SP3 installation using the "eBay" cable most on this thread seem to be using. I looked through every page of this thread and can't seem to find any reference to this specific error. If I missed it, please accept my redundant post.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #1895
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
OK, finally got my cable this past weekend and made my first attempt at coding the car. Couldn't get INPA to work, but have read that some people are still able to get NCSEXPERT to work anyway. No go. I get the following error message when trying to read the car via NCSEXPERT. I followed the installation DIY to a 'T' and didn't seem to encounter any problems. This is on a native XP SP3 installation using the "eBay" cable most on this thread seem to be using. I looked through every page of this thread and can't seem to find any reference to this specific error. If I missed it, please accept my redundant post.
Do you get 2 black circles on Battery and Ignition in INPA?
      03-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #1896
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

not sure if this is related to the above error or not. But sometime I stick the fob into the slot and i forget to press the power button. Make sure you press on the power button as well.
      03-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #1897
sd23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i x-drive M-sport EBII

Quote:
Make sure only have one program reading from your car at each time. That happened to me when I accidentally left open the INPA tool
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #1898
Randall41
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Alpine White

I am very sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have a question that is not related to the current topic, but it does envolve coding.
After my last coding session (digital speed, seat belt noise, open close sunroof, windows, etc.) My 135 has the blasted geared circle symbol along with something related to cruise control.
Question, is it necessary to delete the entire .Man file and start over with coding?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #1899
outie
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall41 View Post
I am very sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have a question that is not related to the current topic, but it does envolve coding.
After my last coding session (digital speed, seat belt noise, open close sunroof, windows, etc.) My 135 has the blasted geared circle symbol along with something related to cruise control.
Question, is it necessary to delete the entire .Man file and start over with coding?
It's been mentioned before that you can clear the contents of the .MAN file and code the entire car with it to "reset". When everything is back to normal, you should start coding the individual module instead to prevent this from happening again.
      03-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #1900
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Damn, I think I went a little too far with coding.
My AE's come one now at full brightness if I press my brake pedal
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #1901
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
What??? You must video it!
      03-04-2011, 12:59 AM   #1902
Toshi
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i xDrive Coupe (G15)

Quote:
Wow, only while braking?
You should change the AE bulbs to red

[ Present ] 2021 BMW M850i xDrive Coupe (G15)
[ Retired ] 2014 ALPINA B4 BiTurbo Coupe (F32)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #1903
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
Do you get 2 black circles on Battery and Ignition in INPA?
No. The battery button turns black, but not the ignition one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
not sure if this is related to the above error or not. But sometime I stick the fob into the slot and i forget to press the power button. Make sure you press on the power button as well.
Double-checked that because the first time I actually did forget to push the Start/Stop button

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd23 View Post
Make sure only have one program reading from your car at each time. That happened to me when I accidentally left open the INPA tool
Only one program running at a time.

So, I loaded everything on my MacBook Pro under Parallels (Windows 7 32-bit) and I was able to connect to the car. I was also able to pull the CAS and now have at least a backup copy of my car's CAS module. I attempted to read the FRM and NFRM modules but no luck. I get the error message below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #1904
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
Wow, only while braking?
You should change the AE bulbs to red
Yeah and then I can drive my car in reverse on streets To think about it I drove like that for 2 days. I only noticed yesterday when parallel parking at night
That was done during my quest to find how to disable AE dimming. Gonna just reset the FRM module to stock today, I changed waaaay too much stuff in it now
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #1905
xxxjecxxx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall41 View Post
open the .man file. erase everything out of it then save it. then use the process car option.

All values reset but you will have to code everything again.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #1906
Randall41
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Alpine White

Thanks much for my question regarding the dreaded "geared circle". I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something new. I did review everything related to this back in the pages 58-62 or somewhere in that area. Many thanks especially to Junior.
Another topic here is for example the geared circle. It was a hot topic back in the pages I mentioned, but like a lot of other topics the discussion just suddenly changes to another hot topic. And it goes on..
This topic/forum could use a good moderator/facilitator to keep thing on topic and also a so called "parking lot for unresolved issues".
Guess who I worked for for 25 years.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #1907
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
rofl hahahaha - nice work. i'm still laughing. IRL.
      03-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #1908
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI

Do you have process car? or can't you just read the module, clear out the file then flash back just that module like normal to reset all values?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #1909
Alex@Helix
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

can someone please PM me how to update Daten Files? I want to be able to code a 2011 R56 but got an error saying, "Following feature is invalid for FA: #1110'
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #1910
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Helix View Post
can someone please PM me how to update Daten Files? I want to be able to code a 2011 R56 but got an error saying, "Following feature is invalid for FA: #1110'
You need to download the updated ISTA (as late as possible ... I think they're up to what, 40.2?) and replace the files in DATEN\ in NCSExpert.
      03-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #1911
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

So .... anybody have any thoughts on my paddle situation? Added paddle steering wheel to the VO..... but car doesn't see them. Wtf.
      03-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #1912
outie
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
So .... anybody have any thoughts on my paddle situation? Added paddle steering wheel to the VO..... but car doesn't see them. Wtf.
Well if paddle shift requires sports package, try adding the sports pkg to the VO?
      03-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #1913
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
Well if paddle shift requires sports package, try adding the sports pkg to the VO?
good question - i dunno, does it? was it possible to order w/o sport package but WITH paddles? i can give that a shot.
      03-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #1914
BeWide
Clean, Low and Wide, that is the style !
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 318D E90

Quote:
Have the same problem, INPA and EDIABAS dont work anyway...
Can you tell me if you have the two black dots when you turn ignition ON ?

And if yes, when you try to open a module ( Airbag for exemple) you've got an error ? ( please tell what is the error code)

I'm beginning to think that some of the cables from this vendor are defective...