E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > getting a drop tomorrow

08-30-2013, 03:39 AM   #23
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceaton88 View Post
Great pic. Would you say they are lower than m sport?
Thanks! Just a little lower, approximately 10mm, if that, drop compared to M-sport for me! Are you thinking on going down that route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil200tdi View Post
Looks perfect to me!
Thank you!! I just want it to sit a little more flush with the tyres!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 03:50 AM   #24
richk84
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: e93 330i

I think it looks perfect too, gonna get some ordered
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 03:55 AM   #25
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sh@Crystalwhite View Post
Thanks! Just a little lower, approximately 10mm, if that, drop compared to M-sport for me! Are you thinking on going down that route?
Yeah dude Eibachs are normally mod #1 for me but if they're pretty much the same as M Sport then I'm hesitant to waste cash. I'm on 18's as well which means I have more arch to fill than those on the bigger 19's.

Having said that, I've parked a little close to curbs (habit with company vehicle) on a couple occasions & my front bumper has mounted. Not a very nice sound so I can only imagine what would happen going lower!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 04:09 AM   #26
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
I've just fitted Eibach Pros to my e92 that had sport stuff on as standard.

It is lower than regular sport - mainly on the front, where I would estimate it sits about 10-15mm lower a day or so after I did it. Rear doesn't look much different IMO.

Dont' forget the springs take a good few hundred miles to settle down a little, so the immediate difference isn't that noticeable.

Mine looks a little lower still now it's on its second week on the Eibachs. If you compare it side by side to a car with M-Sport suspension you'll see the difference - I did, when I called into BMW near me the other day.

It's worth doing if you want the arch gap to look a lot better.

If you're after the "slammed on it's arse" look, then coilovers are the way to go, as crazy drops by changing just the springs on standard shocks will kill them in no time. Any lower than 30-40mm is asking for trouble.
      08-30-2013, 04:09 AM   #27
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceaton88 View Post
Yeah dude Eibachs are normally mod #1 for me but if they're pretty much the same as M Sport then I'm hesitant to waste cash. I'm on 18's as well which means I have more arch to fill than those on the bigger 19's.

Having said that, I've parked a little close to curbs (habit with company vehicle) on a couple occasions & my front bumper has mounted. Not a very nice sound so I can only imagine what would happen going lower!
Hahaha I totally understand!

My previous wheels were 18" but now that I have 19's with eibachs, I'm thinking just another few 1-1.5 cm drop would have made this perfect.

I guess our options are H&R or coilovers! I live in a very hilly areas with plentiful amount of speed bumps, and that scrape sound makes me me jitter too!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 04:11 AM   #28
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbmw View Post
I've just fitted Eibach Pros to my e92 that had sport stuff on as standard.

It is lower than regular sport - mainly on the front, where I would estimate it sits about 10-15mm lower a day or so after I did it. Rear doesn't look much different IMO.

Dont' forget the springs take a good few hundred miles to settle down a little, so the immediate difference isn't that noticeable.

Mine looks a little lower still now it's on its second week on the Eibachs. If you compare it side by side to a car with M-Sport suspension you'll see the difference - I did, when I called into BMW near me the other day.

It's worth doing if you want the arch gap to look a lot better.

If you're after the "slammed on it's arse" look, then coilovers are the way to go, as crazy drops by changing just the springs on standard shocks will kill them in no time. Any lower than 30-40mm is asking for trouble.
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #29
Ajerthan
Bimmaaaa
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 325  [0.00]
sorry to thread hijack, but anyone have pics of drop from msport to H&R

InstaGram: Ajerthan
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #30
mikeouk
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 325D m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceaton88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sh@Crystalwhite View Post

Do you mean width wise or overall diameter? Rolling radius is the same wether on 18"s or 19"s

BLUE WATER, CORAL RED LEATHER
Appreciate 0