E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Beware of the Rio Grande - *Graphic Warning*

02-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #45
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

God, I love this forum
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #46
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
God, I love this forum
Me too. If I could charge for , I'd be a millionaire....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #47
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Sorry, Expired, I meant prejudiced, not racist. You are prejudiced against illegal aliens. You are saying they are all bad people.

You are passionate about your cause. I assume that you are greatly affected, personally, by the presence of illegal aliens in Houston. Did you lose your job to one? Were you robbed? Did Fox run a special report on it recently? Did you get fired from your night minuteman job? Are the Jews, oops, I mean illegals, to blame for all your worries and sorrows?

Go round up all the illegals and put them in a ghetto to start with. That'll straighten everything out.

[uptight white guy Eddie Murphy voice here] "But my friend's hispanic, so I can tell wetback jokes. He. He. He."

Why do I feel like I'm arguing with a Houston Archie Bunker(*), over something so stupid? Take the anger and bigotry and hatred down a notch. The talk on here about killing illegal immigrants = Nazi Germany.

I'd like to teach you a lesson in being prejudiced by insulting some aspect of your location (perhaps a sweeping generalization about Houstons) and then asking how that makes you feel, but I don't have time now, and I refuse to stoop to that level.

*Edit - Archie Bunker was a character in the 70's TV sitcom show All in the Family. He was a bigot you were allowed to laugh at, because he always got the short end of the stick. His prejudices were rooted in ignorance. Sorry, it was on TV before you were born.
Wow, you are really an idiot. Why do you think you need to compare Expired with a Nazi? He said nothing about doing something because of a persons belief... you are grasping at straws here and making no sense.

I am on the fence with this topic. One of my best friends' dad is an illegal immigrant, he does not pay taxes and works at a tile factory in southern Texas. His son (my best friend) is a Citizen because he was born here.

If you think about all of the illegal immigrants that work in the US.. make minimum wage or lower... say $15K a year conservatively. Now take that times the many thousand (also conservative) illegals that work in the US. That is about $120,000,000 a year income that they generate together. I don't know about you but I pay about 30% of my paycheck in taxes. This is a loss of about 40 million dollars a year to the government.

Granted that is not a lot of money in the big scheme of things but it is not something to just shrug off either.

Then again, I work as an actuary so I know that the number of work visa's a year is not even close to enough to accomodate foreign workers. There are other ways around it but it is not EASY to get here legally. But according to everyone so far, the hard work would pay off in the end.

ps. If all of the kids in Japan and China can speak english then I think the Mexicans in the US of A can speak some damn english. That is one of my biggest pet peeves.

edit: Using your reasoning, one could say that car jackers are only trying to better their lifestyle. It doesn't matter that it is illegal. If you could steal a Lambo and get away with it you would too wouldn't you? Why should we put all of them in jail? That is so prejudice.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 12:00 PM   #48
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
oh man... thats awful. never going down there for sure.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #49
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Wow, you are really an idiot. Why do you think you need to compare Expired with a Nazi? He said nothing about doing something because of a persons belief... you are grasping at straws here and making no sense.
Expired, I didn't mean to imply that you personally were a Nazi. The idea of blaming illegal immigrants for so much of our troubles smacks of Nazi propaganda and scapegoating. Direct attention away from more serious issues.

I don't think it was you, but many posts implied we should kill them all. I don't think that's funny, and I have the 'sickest' sense of humor of anyone I know.

And I'm sure illegals cost the U.S. a lot more than $40 million a year.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #50
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

WTF? Come on guys, let's get back to grieving about the half eaten dude

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #51
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
You use the terms 'them' and 'us' pretty handily. Isn't it 'we' when we talk about humans?
No. Some people and countries will be rich, some will be poor, not everyone can be well off. I'd sure as hell rather us be the rich ones.
Quote:
And about that lifeboat. Seems to me that lifeboat is gigantic, with gold plating (and giant steamer trunks). My personal space on the lifeboat is huge; did you not get your latte this AM? Is that why you're grouchy?
False. Something like 100 medical centers in CA have closed in the past decade due to illegals that can't pay their bills. Texas spent 3.9 billion dollars to provide healthcare to illegals last year, and theses are people who aren't paying taxes. If you want to give people a free ride I believe Bush mentioned in the State of the Union that the IRL accepts both checks and money orders.

I'm not even going to mention education costs or money diverted from our economy, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #52
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
WTF? Come on guys, let's get back to grieving about the half eaten dude
+1. Quit b*tching plz.
Appreciate 0