E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Downpipe Fix and Procede V4

11-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
UltimateLurker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i AW M-Sport

Downpipe Fix and Procede V4

Do I need to go into the procede interface and activate a DP cell fix or is the procede sent from Vishnu preloaded to prevent any cell's from being tripped with the installation of catless DP's? If it matters my V4 procede has 2-18 auto tuning maps loaded on it.

Yes, I searched and could only find the mentioning of a DP cell fix or info for older procede models. On a separate note, it is hard as **** to keep up with all of the latest procede updates and changes just by browsing threads created by Shiv and the boys. As much as my girlfriend might disagree, I have a career and life outside of browsing e90post on how to operate my Procede which seems to be constantly evolving with updates and new ways to operate. For example... I've been curious if it would be more effective to let the procede learn catless DP's after installation or if I should or even can reset the procede to autotune DP's. Its a simple question that should require a new thread or an hour of searching for the information.

This is in no way a complaint about the product or its capabilities. Its simply a observation that this complex device needs a better source of information.

Obviously a paper manual would be pointless at the rate of development Vishnu is at. I propose an Official Vishnu Procede thread organized like a wikipedia page with links to detailed threads already created with the information. All related information and updates can be collaborated and the creator can edit out old information that is no longer relevant. It would cut down on the massive number of threads created and countless hours people spend browsing to get the info they need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
If only JB3 would do that too.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
UltimateLurker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza1976 View Post
While the Procede offers it's proprietary CANclear feature to suppress codes/SES lights from running with downpipes, it still offers the ability to adjust the rear o2 sensor signals through the O2 Modifier setting in the User Adjustable menu. At 100%, there is no change to the o2 sensor signal. The lower the value, the higher the "strength" of the o2 modifier feature. Most users will not have to use this feature if the CANclear function is left ON. Please note that this feature is for OFF ROAD USE ONLY.[/url]
The default setting is?
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
UltimateLurker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thank you! And do you have any advice on my 2nd question, regarding the learning portion of my DP's after installation?
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
BimmerPod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f85 x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza1976 View Post
100%. LEAVE IT AT 100% and let can clear manage any cat codes which will only likely appear if you are catless.

Simple
no SES lights will appear? Just install the catless DPs and let the code clearing do its thing? About to do the install.

Also - do you guys put the stock DPs back in on dealer visits? Dunno how that'd work if I take the procede out but leave the DPs in.
Appreciate 0