E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 11-25 Aggressive Maps Stage 3 Boost?

03-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Wakeskatr72
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335 6mt

11-25 Aggressive Maps Stage 3 Boost?

Hey everyone, I recently upgraded to the Rev 2.5. I am FBO and running the stage 3 maps but am only seeing a peak of 15psi slowly tapering down toward 13-14. Is this normal? I was under the impression stage 3 was around 18psi tapering down towards 15. I've reuploaded firmware and the map several times to no success.
      03-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
bryce
Banned
Rep
Drives: zhp 3-pedal

Garage List
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...621403&page=10

posts# 219-225
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
I apologize for the two noob questions. I am new to engine tuning so please be gentle; I searched a bit but these threads get very technical very quickly and I get lost in the weeds. I also looked at the readme file and the user manual but it still wasn't clear to me. Even if someone can just point me to the appropriate thread/document that would be very helpful.

1) I just upgraded from rev2 v4 to rev2.5 v5. My unit was returned from Vishnu with the 11-25 maps installed. Obviously I know what the different maps are (0 being valet, etc.) but I don't understand what the different stages are and how to change them?

2) Only performance mod right now is the tune. So I am running map 1. Can I run map 2? I see in the readme file that STAGE 2 is for DPs/FMIC etc. but again since I don't know the answer to question 1you might imagine how confused I am...

thanks in advance

Sickem
      03-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
^you most likely have stage I maps installed on the procede. you change maps by loading different stages via usb cable and your laptop. it follows:

stage I: stock car, or intake
stage II: downpipes OR fmic
stage III: downpipes, fmic, AND intake

just run map 1. map 2 is there to be setup for guys with meth kits

maps and stages are different. all procedes have map 1 and map 2. stages are the specific calibrations loaded onto the procede. like i said, i'm almost positive you have stage I loaded on your procede if you just got it back from vishnu. just leave things the way they are, run map 1.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
^you most likely have stage I maps installed on the procede. you change maps by loading different stages via usb cable and your laptop. it follows:

stage I: stock car, or intake
stage II: downpipes OR fmic
stage III: downpipes, fmic, AND intake

just run map 1. map 2 is there to be setup for guys with meth kits

maps and stages are different. all procedes have map 1 and map 2. stages are the specific calibrations loaded onto the procede. like i said, i'm almost positive you have stage I loaded on your procede if you just got it back from vishnu. just leave things the way they are, run map 1.
thank you very much for clarifying this! I'll be getting catless DPs and an FMIC installed in a few weeks, so I guess I'll download stage II at that point, and then stage III when I get the intake?

(unrelated) Aren't you supposed to run map 4 if you have meth? i thought the readme file said something about there being no failsafe for meth on map2? Obviously I don't have meth, just curious...
      03-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
thank you very much for clarifying this! I'll be getting catless DPs and an FMIC installed in a few weeks, so I guess I'll download stage II at that point, and then stage III when I get the intake?

(unrelated) Aren't you supposed to run map 4 if you have meth? i thought the readme file said something about there being no failsafe for meth on map2? Obviously I don't have meth, just curious...
you might be able to run stage III with the stock intake, after you install dps' and fmic.

meth map 4 is more of a mode than a map. you configure the settings on map 2, and when meth is flowing the procede ups the map to map 4. when meth isn't flowing, it runs map 1 settings
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #7
topspin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:

Correct, you should run map 4 with meth. Running map 2 with meth means you have no failsafe to reduce boost and timing if meth fails. I would run map 2 only with race gas.

With meth you'll run map 4 which is more of a mode than a single map. When in map 4 you will run map 1 when meth is not flowing. When meth is flowing you will transition to map 2 settings. The transition is smoothed using the alogorith Shiv described in the first post of the thread below. This will change once Dynamic Meth Target maps are released:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637040
      03-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #8
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
you might be able to run stage III with the stock intake, after you install dps' and fmic.
ok, I've put an email out to Robert@Vishnu as it's not clear to me how to switch between stages...I guess this is done in the user software? I don't see such downloads on the procedetuning website...

Quote:
meth map 4 is more of a mode than a map. you configure the settings on map 2, and when meth is flowing the procede ups the map to map 4. when meth isn't flowing, it runs map 1 settings
I see, so you configure settings in map 2 via the command center?

Thank you for your explanations and patience with my questions.
      03-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
^not in the command center, on the laptop while connected via usb
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #10
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
^not in the command center, on the laptop while connected via usb
roger that. again, a moot point right now, but I'm just trying to learn as much about this thing as I can...as you can see I have a lot to learn!
      03-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
ok, I've put an email out to Robert@Vishnu as it's not clear to me how to switch between stages...I guess this is done in the user software? I don't see such downloads on the procedetuning website...
yes, in the user software. you switch stages by downloading the maps (vishnutuning.com, downloads). you connect the laptop to the usb, then go to file --> open, select the stage you want. it will load the maps onto the procede. status bar pops up at the bottom, it normally takes 10 seconds or so to load new maps. don't worry about upgrading firmware, if you download the 11-25 maps, that's the firmware you already have on the procede
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #12
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
see this video:

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
^^awesome, thank you; I get it now. I just downloaded the maps and so when the time comes I'll upload the appropriate maps for 6AT stage II or III. I had actually updated maps and firmware in the past for v4 but I guess I was just confused by the whole "stage" parameter. In this case, I'll only update maps, not firmware. Thank you again for clarifying.
      03-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
btw OP: sorry to have jacked your thread!