E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Potholes lol

06-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #23
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
They should make all the long term unemployed (6+ months) do 16 hours a week of fixing potholes and stuff for their brew money. That pays them at minimum wage, and will help fix the roads in the country. Put them out in groups of 2 or 3 along with an experienced road repairer, and teach them some skills while they are at it. If they don't show, they don't get their welfare. Simples.

And before any left wing twats shout up about "how would I like that?" , I would like it fine. While I couldn't afford to run my car, I could fix the roads, so when I can afford it, they are in better nick. When I was on the brew a couple years ago, I hated having nothing to do, and would have easily volunteered for something like this. Something to do with your day, and learn something new. Win win.

Far better idea then slaving them out to Tesco or somewhere to stack shelves. Whos idea was that?
plus one million!

And also, what the fack are all these fees/ charges/ taxes for????????????

ohh roads tax is not for fixing pot holes, ohh congestion charge is not for this, ohh council tax is not for that....national insurance, income tax....
speed cameras, the nhs is not free, etc...

why the fuck do I pay all that sh1t and where the fack does it all go!!!!....

The roads are fcuked, luckily I don't go to hospital that often, but I assume that there will be a bloody long waiting list, the streets are fackin dirty and filthy, I work my ass off and have to think twice before buying a pack of cigarette whereas some facking drunken chav is walking at 8am with a can of beer in his hand and some cigarettes....and I see some b1tch with 5 kids in the park...shouting ...."oi you lot, hurry up..." Maybe she could offer me some advice? On how to be so successful financially to be able to afford so many kids! I mean, she must be really good to be able to "raise" 5 kids dressed in a track suit bottom and shop in Tescos all day...

ohh shit, I read too much of the Daily Mail? hmm no....I just look at the tits...but I got my eyes on the streets and this is what I see every facking day...

All these politically correct do gooders cants as well piss me off... I saw on the news that some fucked up paedo murderer is "crazy" and will have to be treated in a hospital and the journalist used the word "for his own health and safety" , there was some big trial where he got legal aid as well...what the fuck is wrong with people these days?! If it was up to me, he would be working under surveillance fixing pot holes on all the UK's motorways.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 04:10 AM   #24
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
You can't have unemployed do any work because unions will say it is not fair on the people who could do that work for an extortionate unionised price.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 04:37 AM   #25
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
I hit a massive pothole yesterday and sure it must have done some damage. Car seems to be fine but I will at least have to go out of my way to have it looked at before something falls off! It was hidden in the shadows and in such a place that everybody must get done by it.

It really pisses me off!!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 04:47 AM   #26
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post
I hit a massive pothole yesterday and sure it must have done some damage. Car seems to be fine but I will at least have to go out of my way to have it looked at before something falls off! It was hidden in the shadows and in such a place that everybody must get done by it.

It really pisses me off!!
They're right bas/rd# when they sit just off the verge in dappled light.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #27
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
You can't have unemployed do any work because unions will say it is not fair on the people who could do that work for an extortionate unionised price.
Don't get me started on unions.
      07-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #28
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
I saw on the news that some fucked up paedo murderer is "crazy" and will have to be treated in a hospital and the journalist used the word "for his own health and safety" , there was some big trial where he got legal aid as well...what the fuck is wrong with people these days?! If it was up to me, he would be working under surveillance fixing pot holes on all the UK's motorways.
Kev,

Don't bust a blood vessel, BUT he can appeal this decision, and re-apply again every 12 months, for ever and ever, all with Legal Aid.

*some fucked up paedo*..... I know you are a young pup (well compared to me) but even you must know about the Ian Brady/Myra Hindley *Moors Murders*

M.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #29
Ste133
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i

Each time one of my wheels disappears down one of these craters, it feels like I've deliberately kicked my car in the balls and I really feel bad...

The roads in the UK bring a tear to my eyes every time I drive somewhere..

http://metro.co.uk/2010/04/21/steve-...tholes-256175/
Appreciate 0