E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > New to Forum

04-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
661Beemer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe

New to Forum

Hey All,
New to the forum....bought my girl last April and took me this long to join....duh!
She is an Alpine White, Dark brown interior, 2010 335i Coupe. She is a lease and bone stock...only mod I am looking to do is a tune/flash. If anyone can recommend the way to go with that, please let me know.
Thanks!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
JGMODS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Modded

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [6.88]
Welcome to the forum, shoot me an email ( jgill@Modprojekt.com ) and I'll be more than happy to help guide you in the right direction, and answer any questions you may have.

Regards,

Jay
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #3
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Welcome!! I'd go with the JB4, good tune and will do the least damage in the pocket. If you want simplicity, go COBB.
      04-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
ttam
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet movie theater

welcome!
+1 on the JB4. Its easy to install and best bang for the buck.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
661Beemer
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the replies...talking with Jay now about the tune. I'd like to meet up with everyone on a run or something....
Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
Welcome!! I'd go with the JB4, good tune and will do the least damage in the pocket. If you want simplicity, go COBB.
It's only a few bucks less and it's behind the times. I ran a JB3 for 20,000 miles before I made the switch to a PROcede. It was the best decision I ever made. The 2 tunes are night and day different. If you want a a piggyback that drives with the smoothness of stock, get the PROcede. If you want the less expensive tune with less features and want to drive above 4k RPM to get the power, go with the JB4. Both are very similar with power gains but that's where the similarities end. I'm not familiar with the flash tunes, but I have heard my good things about GIAC and Cobb (eventhough it's new to the scene).
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
It's only a few bucks less and it's behind the times. I ran a JB3 for 20,000 miles before I made the switch to a PROcede. It was the best decision I ever made. The 2 tunes are night and day different. If you want a a piggyback that drives with the smoothness of stock, get the PROcede. If you want the less expensive tune with less features and want to drive above 4k RPM to get the power, go with the JB4. Both are very similar with power gains but that's where the similarities end. I'm not familiar with the flash tunes, but I have heard my good things about GIAC and Cobb (eventhough it's new to the scene).
Here we go with the Proceed fan boys Just for the record, I don't run any of the above tunes. JB3 and JB4 are totally different. JB3 is raw JB4 is smooth just like the Proceed. I've driven both JB4 and Proceed and they're both pretty much the same shit with the exception of the price.

Just a heads up 661B, you're gonna run into a lot of JB "BMS" haters in here. I say go with JB4 because It's a good tune for the buck and no one can beat their customer service. Also, Terry (BMS tuner) is somewhat local to us, so you can always go to him for help.
      04-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
661Beemer
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the info....I certainly do not know enough about any of this to make any judgements on anyones products.
Jay is helping me and I must say he is doing a hell of a job with answering all my stupid questions.
All I know is my car is a blast to drive, but considering that I can gain 80HP, it will be a total BLAST then!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
Here we go with the Proceed fan boys Just for the record, I don't run any of the above tunes. JB3 and JB4 are totally different. JB3 is raw JB4 is smooth just like the Proceed. I've driven both JB4 and Proceed and they're both pretty much the same shit with the exception of the price.

Just a heads up 661B, you're gonna run into a lot of JB "BMS" haters in here. I say go with JB4 because It's a good tune for the buck and no one can beat their customer service. Also, Terry (BMS tuner) is somewhat local to us, so you can always go to him for help.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
JGMODS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Modded

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 661Beemer View Post
Thanks for the info....I certainly do not know enough about any of this to make any judgements on anyones products.
Jay is helping me and I must say he is doing a hell of a job with answering all my stupid questions.
All I know is my car is a blast to drive, but considering that I can gain 80HP, it will be a total BLAST then!!!!!!
No worries, i'm here to help.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 661Beemer View Post
This is a good call. Before you go messing with your engine make sure you know 100% what you are doing to it. Jay is very helpful, but take the advise of a lot of vendors with a grain of salt, they are business men at heart. And for the record, just because someone owns a product it doesn't make them a fanboy or whatever you call it. I am/was a loyal customer to BMS products and they put out great stuff, however I prefer my current tune....which others will agree or disagree with. I just seems BMS is about 1 year behind the current PROcede tune, the JB4 finally caught on but PROcede customers were running CAN based tunes for over a year. Again, do your research and without a doubt you will enjoy whatever tune you decide to go with!

For instance, I needed a tune that had progressive meth mapping, JB didn't offer that at the time (not even sure if they do now). At the time, PROcede had the autotuning feature...JB didn't until recently. Finally, with the new V5 features, they have custom maps for the Rob Beck turbos. This was all an easy choice for me. For the money situation, it's a $50k car, a few $100 is really nothing when you are talking about your engine.

Whether what I said above interests you, the I suggest looking into it. If not, disregard everything I just said
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: N/A

Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information here - just remember to search search search!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #12
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
i agree with Syndicategt, don't put up a tune war here. but as you start tuning your car, just ask yourself which power level is your goal. you will have to do a lot of researches and possible to try it out yourself. im not a Procede fanboy here, i am a very loyal BMS customer since JB+ --> JB3 --> JB4, i was happy with all stages. but then i want to try something new recently so went with COBB S1. both tunes has its own good so sometimes rather than just reading the reviews here, i also suggest to try them out, remember all tune has 30-days money back guarantee =)
Appreciate 0