E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > For Riss Racing, Rubbing and possible vibration issue pics

Closed Thread

10-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
GhOsT_E90
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E90

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [0.00]
For Riss Racing, Rubbing and possible vibration issue pics

Since theres been a few posts about RR downpipes and problems with rubbing or vibration and no one has show them any pictures i thought i could share some. I made a post of my install http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174214 and discussed certain places that i had rubbing issues and what i did to fix them.

The first picture is the best i could get since the downpipes are already installed, i took them today installing the CDV mod. The arrows shows the general area behind the rear downpipe there is a small bolt that seemed to impeed the front downpipe from fitting correctly and rubbing so i removed it. The screw held a heat shield that covered the turbo oil lines.

The second picture shows the an area of the transmission that rubbed on the front downpipe when i was installing them. So i filed it down with a gridding tool, not to much but enough. The pipes could be installed and tightened but it would rub on that part of the transmission no matter how i tried to adjust it.

Also i would like to note that i do have a RennArt resonnated exhaust installed. So that might play a part with rubbing issues some are having with a stock exhaust.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Garage List
2018 M3 ZCP  [9.50]
I hope you get them to do something about it. $100 says they will blame it on installer error...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
I hope you get them to do something about it. $100 says they will blame it on installer error...
+1.

It's always somebody else's fault, haven't you learned that by now dealing with RR?

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post
For the people that have issues. Please contact me in the correct fashion with your purchase date contact information etc.....Please give me a detailed account of the issue. If you have pictures showing the issue this will be a plus. I will look into it fully. We want to do what we can to make you happy and we are sorry if you are unhappy. However talking back and forth on this forum is not going to get us anyplace. I have lost my voice due to ILLness so it will be a lot easier to deal with in E-Mail for the time being. My email is anthony@rissracing.com or you can contact adam@rissracing.com.

This was already posted in the other thread about this same exact thing. I have no emails from you....... So please provide them and it will be taken care of. I don't understand the reason for making another thread about the same topic. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 03:20 PM   #5
GhOsT_E90
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [0.00]
Ok I am not making another thread about the same topic, well kind of is but more or less for you Riss Racing to view since others have not shown any pics. Actually i dont want anything done about the issues that i had. As for the other posts other then mine, whatever problems your having with Riss well thats up to you. As for myself I guess its just since I am in the Army and being a professional mechainc I just adapted and over came the problems i had. Now if they were more serious ofcourse i would contact you(Riss Racing). I already have contacted you about the missing O2 sensor bug plug and sim that I am waiting for and you said its on its way so I have taken your word for it and am looking for it in the mail.

If you would like me to email you I can, but like i said i am not asking for any replacement or anything. Actually I am looking into getting a few more of your products.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT_E90 View Post
Ok I am not making another thread about the same topic, well kind of is but more or less for you Riss Racing to view since others have not shown any pics. Actually i dont want anything done about the issues that i had. As for the other posts other then mine, whatever problems your having with Riss well thats up to you. As for myself I guess its just since I am in the Army and being a professional mechainc I just adapted and over came the problems i had. Now if they were more serious ofcourse i would contact you(Riss Racing). I already have contacted you about the missing O2 sensor bug plug and sim that I am waiting for and you said its on its way so I have taken your word for it and am looking for it in the mail.

If you would like me to email you I can, but like i said i am not asking for any replacement or anything. Actually I am looking into getting a few more of your products.
that's the thing man, this isn't a humvee, 5 ton or track. even with those parts usually fit, it's when you don't have the right part that you are forced to acquire and modify; this is your vehicle and parts adverised with "perfect fitment" should have perfect fitment
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
GhOsT_E90
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [0.00]
Well actually i work on AH-64 Longbow helicopters and have been for almost 10 years and sometimes parts don't fit perfect either, no i just can't go and modify an helicopter just to make a part fit. And have 5 years before professional auto experience.Since then i have modded probably every car or truck i have owned. And I have never had anyone else do work for me unless really needed. A car shouldn't be any differant but i think when you modify a car of any kind sometimes things dont always fit as advertise do to differances in a vehicle, either from driving conditions that have be drive from wear and tear whatever. BMW built the car and sure spent many hours perfecting it so if you want perfection and perfect fit until someone makes a replica DP thats larger and without cats I dont think you'll get the perfect fit.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Garage List
2018 M3 ZCP  [9.50]
Quote:
This was already posted in the other thread about this same exact thing. I have no emails from you....... So please provide them and it will be taken care of. I don't understand the reason for making another thread about the same topic. Thank you!
Please let us potential customers know how you are dealing with these issues. So far, we have heard nothing but negative things about the way you have been treating customer regarding fitment problems. Basically... SAVE FACE!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #9
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep

Quote:
Well actually i work on AH-64 Longbow helicopters and have been for almost 10 years and sometimes parts don't fit perfect either, no i just can't go and modify an helicopter just to make a part fit. And have 5 years before professional auto experience.Since then i have modded probably every car or truck i have owned. And I have never had anyone else do work for me unless really needed. A car shouldn't be any differant but i think when you modify a car of any kind sometimes things dont always fit as advertise do to differances in a vehicle, either from driving conditions that have be drive from wear and tear whatever. BMW built the car and sure spent many hours perfecting it so if you want perfection and perfect fit until someone makes a replica DP thats larger and without cats I dont think you'll get the perfect fit.
I stand corrected; longbows it is. the point was that with Army equipment, you're stuck with that manufacturer, you can't go shopping around no matter what the vehicle/weapon system. hey man, if you're willing to excuse wrongful advertisement and/or defective parts that's on you; most costumers won't. most manufacturers will tell you if you need to modify the part or your vehicle upfront. they will not tell you a part doesn't fit because it's installer error.

Last edited by JoeyFiasco; 10-10-2008 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: F-ing German keyboard, put the Y and Z keys where they belong!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 04:17 PM   #10
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep

Quote:
Please let us potential customers know how you are dealing with these issues. So far, we have heard nothing but negative things about the way you have been treating customer regarding fitment problems. Basically... SAVE FACE!
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #11
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:

We are sending out a new set of V2 downpipes to Leland, as well as a free set of gaskets. Since he provided and email with pics and explaining the situation as requested. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #12
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

interesting
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #13
GhOsT_E90
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [0.00]
Mods please lock this Post at my request, i wish to stop some of the repeat BS. Riss Racing has been more then helpful with me and others should contact them.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #14
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
Mods please lock this Post at my request, i wish to stop some of the repeat BS. Riss Racing has been more then helpful with me and others should contact them.
So when you told them you had fitment issues, they offered you a new set of DPs, but you turned it down?

I understand that most RR customers might not have issues like ours, but that's the nature of the business, shit happens. It shouldn't have taken them 4 months to get this issue resolved.

Yes, RR is sending me out a set of new DPs, in exchange for the V1s. I just hope these new DPs will fit better.

The only issue I had with RR is how they weren't really doing anything about the poorly designed V1 DPs, basically pulling my leg. I have no problem with purchasing from them after this incident, because I believe they still make quality products.

On the other hand, customer service is just as, if not more important than the quality of product itself.

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #15
boosted305
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
We are sending out a new set of V2 downpipes to Leland, as well as a free set of gaskets. Since he provided and email with pics and explaining the situation as requested. Thanks!
so will you be sending me a new set of pipes as well?

I have written you several e-mails and we have talked several times so I would hope I wouldn't have to explain it all over again...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #16
GhOsT_E90
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [0.00]
You guys best option is you contact them by email or phone and not spam my post. This post was just ment to show Riss and any others looking to learn something, my rub issues and what i did to fix them. I saw the issues I had as something i could fix, everyone is on this trip that all cars are equal and everything they buy should fit perfect, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt as seen with the people that have had no problem and those that havent.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #17
boosted305
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
You guys best option is you contact them by email or phone and not spam my post. This post was just ment to show Riss and any others looking to learn something, my rub issues and what i did to fix them. I saw the issues I had as something i could fix, everyone is on this trip that all cars are equal and everything they buy should fit perfect, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt as seen with the people that have had no problem and those that havent.
Sorry, not trying to spam your post brother...

just trying to right a wrong...you know?

Unfortunately for me the normal means of communication obviously haven't worked out too well for me...

Riss mentioned publicly in this thread they would be taking care of cstmx_ryder...

I was just trying to see if they planned on being as courteous to me

I appreciate all of your insight and contributions to this topic
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #18
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
As requested by the OP.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread