E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Mobridge DA-2 PDC only Front Speakers?

11-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Swagger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i

Mobridge DA-2 PDC only Front Speakers?

I'm about to install a Mobridge DA-2 in my 06 330i with Logic7, I'll only be using front speakers. I've read that the DA-2 retains fade and balance. I'm guessing that if I don't use rear speakers, I'll lose the PDC beeps. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also, I'll be using a Mosconi 4to6. Are their any issues with car sounds such as door chimes that anyone has experienced? I'm sure I can set an appropriate level for the car sounds, I'm just wondering if that will mess with the tuning.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
TMR
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
I'm about to install a Mobridge DA-2 in my 06 330i with Logic7, I'll only be using front speakers. I've read that the DA-2 retains fade and balance. I'm guessing that if I don't use rear speakers, I'll lose the PDC beeps. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also, I'll be using a Mosconi 4to6. Are their any issues with car sounds such as door chimes that anyone has experienced? I'm sure I can set an appropriate level for the car sounds, I'm just wondering if that will mess with the tuning.

Thanks!
With the DA1/DA2 the PDC beeps come out of all the speaker outputs. I have all my beeps and gongs still working.
SOLD E39 M5 Modded, What a great car! www.tmrmzine.com/m5/
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Swagger
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you! Have you had any issues with Bluetooth echo when using a phone. When I had the MS-8 being fed from the logic7 amp, the person on the other end of the call would hear a bad echo. I'm only using front speaker (Jehnert flatline kit) and no center so I'm hoping that the Mosconi doesn't create a BT echo issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

The BT echo isn't caused by the DA2 on its own. If you're using the Toslink out you can get some bT echo depending on the processor. The MS8 is the worst offender in this area.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
Swagger
Enlisted Member
Rep

So, we replaced the L7 amp with a Mobridge DA-2. From the DA-2, a single set or RCA's connects to a Mosconi 4to6. It sounds great but the car sounds (Door chime / NAV voice) are VERY low and the gains on the 4 channel amp are just about maxed. I'm only using front speakers (Jehnert Flatline kit). Is there a way to boost the signal that's going to the amp so the car sounds will be a little louder and I can back off on the amp gains a little? Also, the PDC is gone. I'm thinking it's because they only used 2 channels from the DA-2 since I'm only using front speakers. Will it cause a problem by hooking up the rear channel from the DA-2 if I'm only using fronts. My wife relies on the PDC beeps... lol

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

You can use a Y adapter to merge your front and rear channels back into your front channels prior to the amplifier
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
Swagger
Enlisted Member
Rep

Good idea! Thanks, I'll try that. Now i just have to figure out if there is a way to boost the output of the Mosconi 4to6. It's seems too low which is causing the car sounds to be barely audible. The low output has my amp's gains just about maxed.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
TMR
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
So, we replaced the L7 amp with a Mobridge DA-2. From the DA-2, a single set or RCA's connects to a Mosconi 4to6. It sounds great but the car sounds (Door chime / NAV voice) are VERY low and the gains on the 4 channel amp are just about maxed. I'm only using front speakers (Jehnert Flatline kit). Is there a way to boost the signal that's going to the amp so the car sounds will be a little louder and I can back off on the amp gains a little? Also, the PDC is gone. I'm thinking it's because they only used 2 channels from the DA-2 since I'm only using front speakers. Will it cause a problem by hooking up the rear channel from the DA-2 if I'm only using fronts. My wife relies on the PDC beeps... lol

Thanks!
Shoot me a PM, i might have a few firmwares that are louder on the PDC and gongs.
SOLD E39 M5 Modded, What a great car! www.tmrmzine.com/m5/
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Yeah, the beep being gone is a firmware thing. As far as output, how do you have the 4to6 input levels set? And did you checck the high/low input level button?

And why didn't you get a 4to6SPDIF?
Appreciate 0