E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Thumbs up to Alex@Parkview

02-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
kol
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
E92 N54  [7.50]
Thumbs up to Alex@Parkview

Most of the time, people voice their negative experiences with dealerships, I would like to share a good one.

About a ago, my transmission overheat light came on intermittently anyd some fan was on constantly in my engine bay. I knew it was the water pump right away (@85k) so I called around to see when I could get an appointment and also see if SA's knew what I was talking about.

Town&Country - "Feb 19th is the first available appointment, not sure what it is based on your description. We will have to check for you".

Parkview - "We can prob get you in Monday morning (2 days later) at 7am, don't want you to be driving around if something is wrong with your car".

-Went in at 7, explained to me warranty and diagnostic fees, etc. In/Out in 5 mins.

-Received a call at around noon and Alex advised it was confirmed to be the water pump.

-Received a call at 2 and Alex said my car was ready.

Went over after work, Alex explained the fees/warranty and work done. In/Out in 10 mins.

This was by the easiest warranty work I have ever experienced (BMW and non-BMW)

Thumbs up to Alex@Parkview - I think he's a new guy there!
      02-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Parkview has been pretty solid for me so far. The SA I dealt with was named Narith and provided excellent service and was on the ball.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
Dellort_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekboyD View Post
Parkview has been pretty solid for me so far. The SA I dealt with was named Narith and provided excellent service and was on the ball.
Parkview is normally shit.

But +1 for Narith. Great guy and enthusiast himself.
2011 Alpine White/Fox Red 6MT E92 M3 | Active Stage 2 w/Meth | KW Clubsport | OSS | Challenge Front Lip | Vorsteiner Type 2 Rear Diffuser and Bootlid | Brembo | Recaro | Akrapovic Slip-On | Challenge Race+ X-Pipe | Vossen CV3 | OEM 359M | TE37SL
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
EPOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Narith is great
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
d-burn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335i xDrive M-Sport

If this was warranty repair, why was there a fee? Confused. I haven't have any work don't yet under warranty, so this intrigued me?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #6
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
I believe there is a fee when you use the extended third party warranty. Something like $50 or so I think.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 06:07 AM   #7
kol
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
E92 N54  [7.50]
For extended warranty, there is a $50 deductible.
      02-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
fr33styl3
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i & 2020 X5 40i

I agree Narith is awesome and really tries to help the customers resolve their problems instead of trying to get you in and charging you for things left and right like some other people.

Parkview service is definitely top notch. Can't say the same about some of the sales advisors though.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #9
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellort_M3 View Post
Parkview is normally shit.

But +1 for Narith. Great guy and enthusiast himself.
Your bad attitude probably contributed to your experience. I've spent a lot of time there over the last 3 years. Didnt always like what they told me (repair wise which can't be helped) but they were always nice and friendly.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
Dellort_M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Your bad attitude probably contributed to your experience. I've spent a lot of time there over the last 3 years. Didnt always like what they told me (repair wise which can't be helped) but they were always nice and friendly.
Bad attitude comes from the poor service I have received. Who said I had bad attitude towards them when I started going there? That's an assumption you cannot make. Been buying from parkview since 07. Never said they weren't nice, but the service is poor.
I'm sorry, but if I pull in with a new M3 and ask kindly for a top up, I don't think they should question whether my car is even eligible under warranty. Even all 08s when the car came out would still be under the four year warranty. They had me waiting 20mins+ for a simple top up on numerous occasions, when most people don't even exit their vehicle and are in and out in under five minutes.
I am also friends with Steve and Reg, and have discussed this issue with them. They even advise me not to go to parkview.
2011 Alpine White/Fox Red 6MT E92 M3 | Active Stage 2 w/Meth | KW Clubsport | OSS | Challenge Front Lip | Vorsteiner Type 2 Rear Diffuser and Bootlid | Brembo | Recaro | Akrapovic Slip-On | Challenge Race+ X-Pipe | Vossen CV3 | OEM 359M | TE37SL
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #11
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Bad attitude comes from the poor service I have received. Who said I had bad attitude towards them when I started going there? That's an assumption you cannot make. Been buying from parkview since 07. Never said they weren't nice, but the service is poor.
I'm sorry, but if I pull in with a new M3 and ask kindly for a top up, I don't think they should question whether my car is even eligible under warranty. Even all 08s when the car came out would still be under the four year warranty. They had me waiting 20mins+ for a simple top up on numerous occasions, when most people don't even exit their vehicle and are in and out in under five minutes.
I am also friends with Steve and Reg, and have discussed this issue with them. They even advise me not to go to parkview.
I made that assumption because you said their service is "SHIT". You keep going back since 07? If it shit why do you keep going back? How many people her try to get oil topped up when not eligible...probably lots . If you cant wait 20 mins buy a litre and top it up yourself. If Steve and Reg told you to go elsewhere they must be tired of your act too.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #12
EPOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr33styl3 View Post
I agree Narith is awesome and really tries to help the customers resolve their problems instead of trying to get you in and charging you for things left and right like some other people.

Parkview service is definitely top notch. Can't say the same about some of the sales advisors though.
I only deal with Min/Lena, they are both great. Service department is a hit/miss though no doubt. When I brought in my 335d for the first oil change I told Narith to put a note on the work order NOT to use a screw driver to open the DEF cover in the bumper. Narith assured me that they have worked on 335d's before and his tech would know but he still put a note down.
Come time to pick up the car, Narith walked me to the car and asked me if everything was to my satisfaction...look at the cover and you could clearly see that it was pried buy a flat head. Before I could even complain Narith called the Service Manager immediately. They resolved everything right away and apologized. Car was fixed, job was done well as you can't even see the paint chip from the flat head. The SA's are probably great, but the grease monkeys are questionable.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
Dellort_M3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
I made that assumption because you said their service is "SHIT". You keep going back since 07? If it shit why do you keep going back? How many people her try to get oil topped up when not eligible...probably lots . If you cant wait 20 mins buy a litre and top it up yourself. If Steve and Reg told you to go elsewhere they must be tired of your act too.
My post said how you cannot make that assumption that my attitude towards them was bad prior to having poor service. You just assumed I always had a bad attitude towards them leading to my poor service, which is not the case.
I kept going back to parkview because it's extremely convenient for me and I always hope for the best when I go hoping for a good experience. It's posts like these that I read good reviews and makes me want to try again. Different issues arise and I want to see how they handle it. My last issue was not covered under warranty and Narith quoted me a price which happened to be below cost, he honoured that price and took care of everything. SAs come and go some are hit and miss.
Probably a lot of people try and get a top up when they are out of warranty. But that was not my point. The vehicle model itself was only under three years old at the time. So how can they possibly think that my car is out of warranty and not eligible.
I would buy oil myself and top up myself buts thats not the point. Every time I go, I do not expect to wait twenty minutes. There's the issue.
I don't think they are tired of my act. I just give them feedback of my experience. If they were tired of me, why would they advise me to go to their Toroto location. Because they know it's better.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #14
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My post said how you cannot make that assumption that my attitude towards them was bad prior to having poor service. You just assumed I always had a bad attitude towards them leading to my poor service, which is not the case.
I kept going back to parkview because it's extremely convenient for me and I always hope for the best when I go hoping for a good experience. It's posts like these that I read good reviews and makes me want to try again. Different issues arise and I want to see how they handle it. My last issue was not covered under warranty and Narith quoted me a price which happened to be below cost, he honoured that price and took care of everything. SAs come and go some are hit and miss.
Probably a lot of people try and get a top up when they are out of warranty. But that was not my point. The vehicle model itself was only under three years old at the time. So how can they possibly think that my car is out of warranty and not eligible.
I would buy oil myself and top up myself buts thats not the point. Every time I go, I do not expect to wait twenty minutes. There's the issue.
I don't think they are tired of my act. I just give them feedback of my experience. If they were tired of me, why would they advise me to go to their Toroto location. Because they know it's better.
I thought you said that they told you to go elsewhere? If they told you to go to Toronto then they would still have to deal with you is my point.
I don't mean to sound/be so pissed but I hate when people say something is "SHIT". If it was in fact shit then nobody would go there. YOU had a bad experience....thats different. They did swirl the crap out of my car but once I pointed that out they paid for the repair at Autobahn. I actually wrote them a letter after my very first service there complimenting everyone involved. They did a couple of things that were unnecessary but greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0