E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Nav activation

07-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Dougie335
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

Nav activation

As you probably know I have just taken delivery of another M3. When I got home I discovered the nav was not activated. The iDrive is asking for a code to be entered. On phoning the dealer they said I could not enter the code myself. It has to be done by them and it would take an hour. Seemingly the code they use only lasts for ten days after delivery to the dealer. After that point they have to apply for a new one. Has anyone else heard of this?

Maybe Anneka could answer this.

Thanks
Dougie.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Estoril Sport
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911.2 S4

Garage List
I think they are telling you porkies. Some months ago I upgraded my HD Sat nav to Premium 2010 via 3 DVD disks. I was also provided a separate document which included the ID code which I entered via the idrive. This ID code does not expire and is valid as long as I have the disks.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

To be honest, I've never come across this before but I can't see what they would get out of lying (they surely can't be intending to charge you for anything). That said, you'll have a confident answer from me tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneka @ Sytner View Post
To be honest, I've never come across this before but I can't see what they would get out of lying (they surely can't be intending to charge you for anything). That said, you'll have a confident answer from me tomorrow.
Anneka, you work to many hours answering questions not even related to your dealership's. Have a glass of wine and take the evening off!
      07-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie335 View Post
As you probably know I have just taken delivery of another M3. When I got home I discovered the nav was not activated. The iDrive is asking for a code to be entered. On phoning the dealer they said I could not enter the code myself. It has to be done by them and it would take an hour. Seemingly the code they use only lasts for ten days after delivery to the dealer. After that point they have to apply for a new one. Has anyone else heard of this?

Maybe Anneka could answer this.

Thanks
Dougie.
Drivel! Get code, enter it, done.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

What do you mean:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril Sport View Post
...is valid as long as I have the disks.
Surely it will work indefinitely if you have the discs or not? How would it know? Or are you talking from a licencing perspective?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #7
Estoril Sport
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911.2 S4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by uke92dude View Post
What do you mean:

Surely it will work indefinitely if you have the discs or not? How would it know? Or are you talking from a licencing perspective?
licencing perspective I think the ID code is matched to the disks, but not sure if the code will works on another set of disks.
Appreciate 0