E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E92 335 ABS Module Replacement Info

09-10-2016, 12:32 AM   #1
LYEGUY
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Titanium Silver E92 335

E92 335 ABS Module Replacement Info

Hello All,

I would first like to start by saying I am a fairly new owner and this is my first post here so I do not have a lot of prior knowledge, any help/info I can get would be much appreciated.

Alright so on with my problem. I was on my way home from work in my car (2007 E92 335) When the ABS,Brake and DSC lights all popped up on my dash. I searched here on the forums and a few members recommended cleaning the wheel speed sensors as they get gunked up sometimes and can throw a code. I did that and it seemed to slve the problem for a day or so until last night when all of the lights came back on. I scanned my car with my neighbours scanner and low and behold i have the dreaded 5DF0/5DF1 codes (Faulty ABS Pump/Control module) From reading here I was able to gather that the problem is almost always with the pump itself getting all gummed up and stuck and not the control module itself. I am a mechanic by trade so DIY'ing this wouldn't be an issue. My plan is to buy a used ABS Pump/Module from an E92 328i and than switch the control module from my broken pump to the working pump that i would purchase like this guy did in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfgwpn7ev-gHas anyone one on here ever done the replacement this way? If so do you have any part numbers? The 328i pump and module are almost $200 cheaper than the 335 pump so I would like to go that route if at all possible. Thank you again for all of your help and I look forward to your response
Appreciate 0