Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Flat tire bonanza

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
FoggyIFR
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 328 sp 6mt

Flat tire bonanza

Was driving west out of downtown Toronto mid day on Friday and as usual traffic was nasty - but too busy for 1130....wth?

So soon I figured it out, two cars pulled over, both with double flats on the left sides. With a couple cop cars and tow trucks i figured it was debris from an accident or something along the lines.

Well it got better. As soon as traffic was passed the flashing lights i figured the rubber necks would speed up, but no - another car pulled over with a visible flat a few hundred meters further up.....and another.... I counted 9 cars on the side of the gardiner xpwy in less than 2km. I could see that 8 of them had flats but not sure about one of them.

Suddenly my brain starts screaming "YOU DON"T HAVE TIRE INSURANCE!!" i was happy to make it through the area without a puncture. I have no idea what was on the highway but I was checking my tires pretty closely when I got to the shop. Could have been a big dollar trip if i hit whatever those unlucky saps ran over.

I think I'm going to see how quick I can get my new rims and tires delivered. At the price they charge for rfts here in Toronto there is no way I want a flat on these things before the new shoes get here.

I've never seen anything like it.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
Slke46
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 Sedan

Thats crazy man... these run flat tires cost $500 at my dealership. But luckily I have the tire insurance to cover this cost. Good thing you didn't run over whatever those other guys did...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slke46 View Post
Thats crazy man... these run flat tires cost $500 at my dealership. But luckily I have the tire insurance to cover this cost. Good thing you didn't run over whatever those other guys did...
that's a good reason to never buy tires at the dealership, that's $200 too high, even if it's the 18" sport pack rear tires. it's 300 too high for a front
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

its canadian money ^ = it'll cost more
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants View Post
its canadian money ^ = it'll cost more
good catch
Appreciate 0